main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nash, TN Next meeting- APRIL

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by k kanos, Mar 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. k kanos

k kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

May 1, 2000
    I just called the Athletic Club in Embassy suites. There are no sporting events currently planned for April 6th. The guy I talked to said that it will probably be pretty quiet that night and that he would be happy to put us down. Get this, the guy is a fellow Purdue grad :D What a small world. I told him that it would be around 20 or more for April 6th at 7:00 p.m. He is also going to fax me a menu today. I can always cancel our reservation, but I think that this may be our best bet in finding a nice place in the Cool Springs area, with decent food agreeable to most, afforable prices, and one that isn't going to be crowded on a Saturday night. Let me know what you all think. Also, I know it may be early yet to commit, but as you find out what your schedule is, please let us know if you are coming by post your intent here so we can keep a running count. Elan-Rai, can you keep a running count like last time :) Thanks.

2. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    Well, if he's a fellow Purdue grad, then he must be cool ;)

GO BOILERS!!!

3. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    Okay, here is the running list of users attending:

Elan-Rai
    Lady-Rai
    k kanos
    Toymaster
    JediToren
    audiogirl21
    Scruff
    RocketX
    Aztecwizard
    ChewieTitan and wife
    Wampa_Stompa and possibly 3 others

4. Toymaster

Toymaster Jedi Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    Either place sounds fine with me, but I think I would prefer Amerigo's. Hey, just to throw out another name, doesn't O'Charley's have a party room? There's one in Brentwood (close to where the last meeting was) and Franklin. They have several under $10, too.

5. autographjeff

autographjeff Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 15, 2001
    You should look at LOGANS... there is no fee... and good priced food--- and there are doors to block off the rest of the restaurant... just ask for the GARAGE section... Like i said before--- my moms hallmark club meets there everymonth.!!

Autograph Jeff

6. JediToren

JediToren Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2000
    I'll be there.

7. audiogirl21

audiogirl21 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2001
    i'll try to be there......

8. Scruff

Scruff Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 1999
    Logan's would be cool. Is there a pizza place anywhere nearby? (for future reference) Wherever we go,..I'll be there.

9. k kanos

May 1, 2000
    There is Nashville Pizza which is located in the same shopping plaza as K-Mart on 96 in Franklin. Great Pizza! The best I've tasted in the Nashville area thus far. There are no secluded areas or separate rooms and I would imagine that it would be pretty crowded on a Saturday night.

I'm fine with whatever we decide, but we should probably try to agree on something soon so we can make reservations for that night. So far we have at least a couple of agreeable votes for:

Amerigos
    Logans

10. RocketX

RocketX Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 24, 2002
    I'm in. So there will be a discount for Purdue grads, right?

11. audiogirl21

audiogirl21 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2001
    is that the amerigos in brentwood? Some friends of mine saud they went there and the service (and possibly the food..don't recall) wasn't very good...just fyi

but.... i'm easy...whatever you all want..i've never been to either.

12. Aztecwizard

Aztecwizard Jedi Youngling

Jan 28, 2002
    Hey everybody! Sorry I missed the last meeting. The pictures were great! I obviously missed a great meeting.
    Anyway, I will definately be at the April meeting.

As I said at McDonald's - we could always have the meeting at my place of work. Nobody is there on the weekend, and we could order pizzas or whatever.

BTW - The place I work - Electric Picture Company- is very close to the intersection of Nolensville Road and Thompson Lane (Hollywood 27 area). There is a map at our website: www.epc-tv.com

Let me know, but if it ends up being a restaurant - I pick Logan's.

13. JediToren

JediToren Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2000
    I second Logan's. Too bad you missed us Napolean.

14. k kanos

May 1, 2000
    I don't know if there is another Amerigos, but its the one right next to Cozymels and across from Logans.

Logans is fine with me too. Any objections anyone? I'll wait until tommorrow to see if anybody objects. If not, I'll make reservations for the back room for April 6th at 7:00

15. ChewieTitan

ChewieTitan Jedi Master star 2

Dec 26, 2001
    I will be there and I'll bring my wife, so count us in. Any restaraunt is fine with us. The Athletic Club sounded O.K., cause it would be something new. But we'll eat at Logan's if that is the majority vote.

16. Wampa_Stompa

Wampa_Stompa Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 6, 2002
    Logan's is fine with me. I don't eat beef, but I'm sure I can find something on the menu. Besides, you can throw peanuts on the floor! I will be attending and will be bringing a friend of mine, so count on at least us two, maybe four. I'm not sure yet. I may be a bit late since I have to work until 6:30 and I'll be coming from Antioch.

17. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    Is "Pete" coming to the event? ;)

18. autographjeff

autographjeff Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 15, 2001
    WOW-- I recommended Logans at that is where it probably will be.... I am attending a Black tie 175$ per person event with my wife that night for the National Kidney Foundation... Can someone please tell me what happens and I wish I could attend it..
    Thanks
    Autographjeff

19. tennesseejedi

tennesseejedi Jedi Youngling star 1

May 27, 2001
    which Logans in Nashville? the one by Hickory Hollow Mall? i'm not from Nashville but would love to join ya for the meeting because i will be in town that weekend. is this a possibility?

--tennesseejedi--

FYI--my dad is a PURDUE grad. ;-)

20. Toymaster

Toymaster Jedi Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    Logan's is fine with me, but I wonder if we'll be able to hear over all of the Travis Tritt music they play in there...

21. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    Tennessee Jedi,

This Logan's is in the Cool Springs Galleria area. Let me know if you need directions.

22. Wampa_Stompa

Mar 6, 2002
    Seriously, Toymaster! The most obnoxious thing is that they broadcast that tripe OUTSIDE the restaurant. So, if you happen to be walking by or anything, you get an earful of Tritt!

23. k kanos

May 1, 2000
    O.K., we are back to square 1. I just called Logans and they do not take reservations on Saturday night, nor could they reserve the back room for us. They also do not have tables together that could seat 20. We would be in the same type of noisy enviroment and separated like we were at Cozymels. :(

Other two choices are Amerigos & The Athletic Club in Embassy suites. Both are in Cool springs. If we choose Amerigos, I need to know pretty soon, as the area is currently available, but they may be booked soon for that night. Just let me know what your preference is.

24. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    I guess I'll vote for the Athletic Club.

25. Wampa_Stompa

Mar 6, 2002
    I don't really care which one. I'll probably eat beforehand.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.