main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Cincin, OH Next Meeting: Cincinnati Mills Mall, September 18 at 1pm in the foodcourt.

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by DarthSkywalker360, Sep 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthSkywalker360

DarthSkywalker360 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 21, 2002
    Thanks everybody for the support and warm wishes. The first thing I feel as a fanforce to get back on our feet is of course have a meeting. But I'm going to need everybody to help me on this one. We really need to get out there and have some fun.

After thinking about it, and hearing complaints about driving distances for everybody. I have come up with the idea that for the every meeting we should meet in a differnt area of Cincinnati. But I strongly feel that for the next meeting we should have it be right off of I-275. So where's a public place that won't cost any money you ask? But of course, a mall. I say we meet at Cincinnati Mills mall on Sunday 18 at 1pm, in the food court. I decided on the 18th because hopefully in the upcoming weeks everybody can make arrangements to come. By the way, if you have to, tape your football games.

2. Lori_of_Cincinnati

Lori_of_Cincinnati Jedi Youngling

Aug 5, 2005
    So, Darth Skywalker, what all goes on at a ff meeting?
    My Star Wars fan fic novel Another Hope just got posted to Amazon.
    I do a bit of collecting here and there as time and funds allow.
    It will be a fair drive for me, but I'd be curious to know what people do.

3. Darth_Clayton

Darth_Clayton Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 2, 2005
    Sunday is not a good day for me..

1. I have Bengal season tickets (and it is the home opener)
    2. Saturday is the best day for me (just an FYI)

So if we can make it a different day that would be great if not I'll just have to catch the excerpts on the FF board.. (no pressure to change the day if that is what works out with everyone else..)

Later!

4. Exalted_1

Exalted_1 Jedi Master star 3

May 17, 2002
    I'll request off work, but someone's gonna have to me a ride. gas money I'll provide to the lucky Samaritan.

5. Brian5475E

Brian5475E Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 21, 2002
    Daniel your in Western Hills right? I can give you a ride. I'll PM you my number.

6. CINCYFAN

CINCYFAN Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 10, 2005
    I also have Bengals season tix (I won't be going to all, but I will be ar 5 of the 8). Saturdays would also be better for me, but if I can't make it and most of you can, then Sunday is obviously a better choice. As long as you can get decent turnout for whatever day is picked. BTW DarthClayton where are your season tix at? Ours are in section 225 or 226(can't remember)they're near the south endzone.

7. CINCYFAN

Apr 10, 2005
    Loriof Cincinnati we basically just meet up somewhere and hang out. Sometimes it's an event, sometimes it's just something like this. I've only been to one meeting so far, but it was a blast. BTW, were you the author that was at the last OSWCC meeting? I remember seeing a copy of your book there and talking to you briefly about your collecting of vintage items. Anyway, congrats on the Amazon posting, hope all goes well with the book.

8. DarthSkywalker360

Oct 21, 2002
    I know that not everybody is going to be able to make every meeting. I picked the 18th because my family reunion is on the 17th. Also I start class again on the 21st so for a week I'll be swamped with stuff to do after that. I'll post all the important information on the boards after the meeting is over and I'm back home. If you cannot make this meeting do not sweat it, I understand if you have prior obligations. After this meeting I will make meetings on different days so other people can attend.

By the way, have fun Darth Clayton and CincyFan. WhoDey!

9. Lori_of_Cincinnati

Aug 5, 2005
    CincyFan,
    Thanks for your reply and your good wishes. (Yep, that was me @ OSWCC . . . I had fun.) I have transportation for that day so I'm going to come. I'm really looking forward to it.
    Lori

10. Exalted_1

Exalted_1 Jedi Master star 3

May 17, 2002
    got you number brian. I'll request off work this thursday, and I'll be set. yeah I'm located near cleves.

11. JediCandii

JediCandii Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2002
    Debbie and I will see if we can make it. I don't know if we have any plans then, and if we'll be able to get a ride there.

12. Lori_of_Cincinnati

Aug 5, 2005
    I'm bringing Star Wars m&m's. Yummy.

13. Darth_Tynaus

Darth_Tynaus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2003
    That should work just perfect. I live just 12 minutes away from the mall. Barring anything else, I should be there.

14. xugtr34

xugtr34 Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2005
    so i don't know if i missed it, but what actually happens at the meetings?

15. DarthSkywalker360

Oct 21, 2002
    In the simplicist of ways to explain it, we just meet and have fun.

16. Z28Jerry

Z28Jerry Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 22, 2004
    If I am not traveling that day I will commit to making it. I figure even if I'm not solid enough to be as active as I would like, I can at least come out and meet everyone.

Also, if your a noob like me, meaning you have not been to one of these before and feel a little odd just showing up by yourself, don't worry. I don't know anyone on here, but I can assume that they will make anyone who shows up welcome. Plus if there is a couple of us noobs there, we can huddle together for warmth, lol.

However, if upon entering the food court I see a bunch of people wearing helmets and engaging in simulated lightsaber battle, I will just keep on walking ;)

17. DarthSkywalker360

Oct 21, 2002
    I know exactly how you feel Z28Jerry, The first meeting I went to, I went by myself and thought the exact same thing. But that turned out not to be the case. I however will wear a SW t-shirt to help people pinpoint out the group.

18. Brian5475E

Jul 21, 2002
    Where was everyone at today?

19. Z28Jerry

Z28Jerry Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 22, 2004
    I beg forgivness, I was at too high of an altitude to just drop in, combined with a few travel delays.

I'm going out on a limb here and guessing that I wasn't the only one missing?

20. CINCYFAN

Apr 10, 2005
    Sounds like not a lot of people showed. Hope there were at least enought to hang out for a few hours. Anyway, as stated before I was at the game today, otherwise I could have made it as Cincy Mills isn't too far from home for me. Maybe our next meeting will have a better turnout if we plan an event? Just a thought. Doesn't have to be anything huge, we could bowl or something simple. It may get a better turn out then if we're just gonna meet at a mall food court or something like that.

21. star-killer1

star-killer1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 7, 2005
    I would have went but my boss would have been very upset at me for leaving in the middle of a shift.
    Trust me I would much rather hang out with you guys than be at work on the weekend.

22. JediCandii

JediCandii Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2002
    I had no way of getting there, plus Debbie and I both had quite a bit of homework to do this weekend.

23. DarthSkywalker360

Oct 21, 2002
    Thanks for everybody who showed up for the meeting. Especially Lori_of_Cincinnati, it's great to meet you and I hope to see you on the boards and at more meetings. Afterwards we went to Dave and Busters and had a blast. The Mech game is amazing, too bad it's being removed at the end of next month.

For the next meeting I was thinking on the lines of doing something outdoors, if weather permits. Maybe some mini golf or go-kart racing. I'm thinking mid october on a saturday for this one. If anybody has any suggestions on a date or activity feel free to post.

24. CptCorranHorn

CptCorranHorn Jedi Master star 5

Oct 16, 2002
    I'm tentatively saying count me in for the next meeting

25. Brian5475E

Jul 21, 2002
    I say go karts, but the only one I know is in eastgate, or maybe laser tag

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.