main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Next Meeting - December 6th

Discussion in 'Archive: Ann Arbor, MI' started by YodasBrownEyedGirl, Nov 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YodasBrownEyedGirl

YodasBrownEyedGirl Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 18, 2003
    We're are so close now. Any ideas on our meeting place for the 6th? Just curious.

Soon to be official A2F2.

2. YodasBrownEyedGirl

Feb 18, 2003
    I goofed up. I put the wrong date. It's the 5th. Let's see how many of you are paying attention.

:)

Cause certainly I'm not.

3. Morrigan_McKnight

Morrigan_McKnight Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 19, 2002
    You read my mind YBEG!

I just checked out the Cafe we had discussed at the last meeting...and they are open until 10pm.

Date: Sunday, December 5
    Time: 7:00pm - 8:30pm (approx)
    That is right of US23 Washtenaw Ave towards Ypsilanti
    Turn Right onto Carpenter; on the left side in a little strip mall before Packard Rd.

Bus Routes 5 and 22 go near the Cafe'. Arriving there would be easy enough, but the bus lines stop running aroun 7:00pm-ish on the weekend.

Hope to see you there!

4. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Well, seeing as this is your third meeting you guys will be official! Way to go, you've made it rather quickly.

What you have to do next is choose a CR to represent your group. Here is a description of a CR's responsibilities:

These are the people you will be dealing with the most. They take care of the every day running of the chapter they were elected to represent. They are the organisers of your area, organising everything from meets and board graphics to titles, colour schemes, and even in the case of some, the chapter's website.

They report and problems they can't handle to the Regional Support Administrator's as well as mentioning anything that needs to be moderated. They liase with their local Regional Support Administrator to get the chapter's news posted on the Fanforce main page.

They are also the only level of the Fanforce staff that is publically elected.

The age minimum for Chapter Representatives is 18. We also ask that they reside in their chapter all twelve months of the year. They are required to keep their plain blue font on a transparent background so that they are easier for you to find, although they can also be indentified by their title which will tell you both their position and the city they hold that position in.

After the meeting please let me know what you have decided with the CR thing. If you need more time to discuss and decide, take as much as you need, just let me know. Either post it in here or PM me. If you would like to do an on-board vote, I can help you arrange that too. :)

::wipes a tear:: I'm so proud of all of you! [:D]

5. Capt_Piett

Capt_Piett Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2002
    Not to bog down the celebration, but will we be wanting to create a charter or not?

-Piett

6. Idgie

Idgie Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    At this point,the majority consensus seems to be that the creation of a charter is unnecessary for several reasons:

1)Group Size-I know,size matters not,right?But,seeing as how there are only about a half dozen or so people involved at this point,why even bother?Besides,in most cases,these charters really only spell out what should be common sense anyway(i.e.,no alcohol at meetings,don't hit anyone,love thy neighbor...but not like that,etc).Given our current membership,I don't see any of that being a problem,so why insult someone's intelligence by regulating common sense?

2)Officers-Simply put,only two there are:a CR and a Co-CR.No others are really neccessary at this point.Anyone who wants to host a meeting to discuss a book may do so,or a gaming night,collecting meeting,scratch your butt and talk about SW meeting,whatever.Again,this also goes back to group size;it's a little silly to have a group of half a dozen people and they all have a title.

7. Midnightguard

Midnightguard Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 3, 2002
    Looking forward to the meeting this weekend. :)

8. YodasBrownEyedGirl

Feb 18, 2003
    I can't wait either. I was wondering if anyone else who may be attending was reading, has read or is considering reading the Dark Rendevous book. It's great it it may very well spark some great conversation. Just a thought.

9. Midnightguard

Apr 3, 2002
    I haven't read it, but you can sell me on it by talking about it :)

10. BultarSwan

BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF star 10

Jul 5, 2003
    Well, it seems that you have just finished (or are just finishing) your third meeting. Congratulations! I hope it went well. :)

11. Idgie

Mar 17, 2001
    Things went very well,thanks! :)

I thought I knew the Ep.III teaser trailer pretty well,but after we spent the better part of an hour going over it frame by frame,there was still so much there that I hadn't seen before.

Well,it only took two hours,three re-counts,a few fights,some veiled threats,a bribe and even a chair being thrown by an unidentified fan,BUT we finally elected our new officers! j/k :p

Congratulations to Midnightguard on being elected Chapter Rep and YodasBrownEyedGirl,our new Co-CR. :)

12. Midnightguard

Apr 3, 2002
    Not to name names but I didn't know YodasBrownEyedGirl could hurl a chair with such force and accuracy :)

Oh, and I'll have that money wired to your Coruscant Bank Account (tm) this morning. ;)

It was a fun time once again last night.

13. GeneralCrespin

GeneralCrespin Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 21, 2004
    Just dropping by from the Grand Rapids FanForce to say- Congratulations to you guys! :D Good luck, as well!

14. Idgie

Mar 17, 2001
    'Not to name names but I didn't know YodasBrownEyedGirl could hurl a chair with such force and accuracy...'

Yeah who knew??Of course,we'll have to review the Espresso Royale surveillance tapes from all angles just to be sure.But,it was really that fan who threw the cup of Mocha that touched off the whole incident,though! :p

15. Morrigan_McKnight

Morrigan_McKnight Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 19, 2002
    Have you not heard...Size matters not!

16. Midnightguard

Apr 3, 2002
    Thanks for the well wishes BultarSwan and GeneralCrespin. :)

17. YodasBrownEyedGirl

Feb 18, 2003
    The force is my ally but I could be walking the tight rope of the dark side. ;) [face_devil]

18. DetroitBountyHunter

DetroitBountyHunter Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 10, 2003
    You would have to be a jedi or sith cause we all know your alittle short for a stormtrooper.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.