Rocky M, NC Next Meeting: Feb. 26th

Discussion in 'South East Regional Discussion' started by joe-da, Feb 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joe-da Jedi Padawan

star 4
    No "meeting" this Saturday.

The next Fan Force meeting has been rescheduled for Sat., Feb. 26th, according to Riff.

Time/More Information to be announced.
  2. eddie-wan-kenobi Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Thanks for the update Joe. Glad its been changed to next weekend as I would not have been able to make it this weekend.
  3. Sunafar Jedi Youngling

star 1
  4. eddie-wan-kenobi Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Lets keep this at the top until things are finalized.
  5. JediRiff Jedi Knight

star 5
    I will try to get a time and such posted up asap. I was thinking maybe going to see Constantine and grabbing a bite to eat, somewhere. Sound good?
  6. Mordtat Jedi Knight

star 3
    I have not ate at Hams in a long time. Maybe we should eat there or Garners, I mean we have eaten at Texas so much as of late that I have had enough "Texan" food for years to come.
  7. Entropy Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Eddie, Lodreh, and I were talking about this the weekend before last. We need to start making an effort to meet at places where we can reserve a closed off section of the place ahead of time. We have enough people (and cause a big enough disturbance) to warrant it now. Gardner's has a section like that, but I know some of our members aren't fans of "home-style" cooking. I think Texas also has a section like that. And somebody suggested Mr. Ribs (or something like that). I think it's off of 301 heading out to Sharpsburg. Are there any other suggestions for restaurants in RM that might fit the bill?
  8. FettFan5150 Jedi Youngling

star 3
    If I stand correct Garners let us do that before...
  9. joe-da Jedi Padawan

star 4
    The mention of Ham's above is weird, because I was just thinking about the "Ham's Girl" again last night....

And yes, Gardner's did let us have a special section.
  10. eddie-wan-kenobi Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Any of the above suggestions sounds good. I agree with Mordtat about Texas. We quickly outgrew Hams and I agree with Entropy that we have outgrown the current way we do things at Texas. Mr. Ribs has a large back room that would suit us, not sure how far ahead of time you have to book it. We eat there frequently so I sorta know the owner. The babyback ribs are great!! Whatever is best for the group is cool with me.
  11. JediRiff Jedi Knight

star 5
    I'm not a big ribs eater, but if they have other stuff to eat like chicken and such, that could work. It would be interesting to check out a new place.
  12. JediRiff Jedi Knight

star 5
    I have heard a few folks here at work say that Mr. Ribs isnt all its cracked up to be. I dont know first hand, because I havent eaten there in about 10 or so years. However, if I recall, they dont have separate rooms, and Gardners does. I am leaning towards us eating at Gardners, at the moment, because I think they could possibly close us off an area, if we can get enough folks there. Would an afternoon thing work for everyone?
  13. Kazuma_Kuahara Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I do know this though, i don't think i will be able to attend this meeting. and i won't know untill after the speeches so lets keep our fingers crossed. for my 2 cents on a place to pick, find one with free water and free rolls hehe :p I'm a poor boy gonna try to eat before I go if i make it
  14. JediRiff Jedi Knight

star 5
    Well, thats what I am trying to find out. Would dinner be better? Around 6pm, or so? I want to have it when the most folks can make it. No point in doing it somewhere to block off the area if most of our folks cant show up. I need some input folks, ASAP, please. :)
  15. eddie-wan-kenobi Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Gardners is okay with me, though I would be lying if I said I liked their food a lot. But I'm okay for whatever time is best for everyone so include me. Oh, and Riff, we eat there all the time and I promise you Mr. Ribs does have a private room. To each his own, but their ribs are some of the best I have ever eaten. They also have chicken and pretty good steaks, but they are a bit pricey so it may not be the best of choices, just an idea that sprang to mind.
  16. FettFan5150 Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Lunch Time Or Dinner Time.......
    I Say Lunch Time...... :D
  17. joe-da Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Just thinking about the "Ham's Girl" again.

Oh, and lunch or sup-sup be fine with me.
  18. JediRiff Jedi Knight

star 5
    Lunchtime sounds like a good idea to me, too.
  19. JediRiff Jedi Knight

star 5
    Eddie-wan, any way you can pass this on to CW and the other fellas from Wilson?
  20. eddie-wan-kenobi Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I'll try, but I havent actually seen CW in about two weeks. Dont know whats been going on, though I do know he has had car trouble.
  21. JediRiff Jedi Knight

star 5
    Ok. Since the knucklehead isnt on the boards much, which is a shame as funny as he is, we gotta find a way to get up with him and the others.
  22. Aayla_secura4 Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I dont know if anyone has seen this. But hottopic has a star wars "Ep3 teaser" t-shirt. its not much, but I think it looks pretty cool.
  23. eddie-wan-kenobi Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I'll give CW a call tommorow. I just need to know for sure where and when the meeting will be and he can pass it on to Inept.
  24. JediRiff Jedi Knight

star 5
    Lets say plan to be at Gardners at 12:30pm, this Saturday, then.

25. eddie-wan-kenobi Jedi Padawan

star 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.