Next Meeting: Feb. 26th

Discussion in 'Rocky Mount, NC' started by joe-da, Feb 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joe-da Jedi Master

star 4
    No "meeting" this Saturday.

The next Fan Force meeting has been rescheduled for Sat., Feb. 26th, according to Riff.

Time/More Information to be announced.
  2. eddie-wan-kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks for the update Joe. Glad its been changed to next weekend as I would not have been able to make it this weekend.
  3. Sunafar Jedi Knight

star 1
  4. eddie-wan-kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Lets keep this at the top until things are finalized.
  5. JediRiff FanForce CR Rocky Mount NC US

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    I will try to get a time and such posted up asap. I was thinking maybe going to see Constantine and grabbing a bite to eat, somewhere. Sound good?
  6. Mordtat Force Ghost

star 3
    I have not ate at Hams in a long time. Maybe we should eat there or Garners, I mean we have eaten at Texas so much as of late that I have had enough "Texan" food for years to come.
  7. Entropy Jedi Master

star 4
    Eddie, Lodreh, and I were talking about this the weekend before last. We need to start making an effort to meet at places where we can reserve a closed off section of the place ahead of time. We have enough people (and cause a big enough disturbance) to warrant it now. Gardner's has a section like that, but I know some of our members aren't fans of "home-style" cooking. I think Texas also has a section like that. And somebody suggested Mr. Ribs (or something like that). I think it's off of 301 heading out to Sharpsburg. Are there any other suggestions for restaurants in RM that might fit the bill?
  8. FettFan5150 Jedi Knight

star 3
    If I stand correct Garners let us do that before...
  9. joe-da Jedi Master

star 4
    The mention of Ham's above is weird, because I was just thinking about the "Ham's Girl" again last night....

And yes, Gardner's did let us have a special section.
  10. eddie-wan-kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Any of the above suggestions sounds good. I agree with Mordtat about Texas. We quickly outgrew Hams and I agree with Entropy that we have outgrown the current way we do things at Texas. Mr. Ribs has a large back room that would suit us, not sure how far ahead of time you have to book it. We eat there frequently so I sorta know the owner. The babyback ribs are great!! Whatever is best for the group is cool with me.
  11. JediRiff FanForce CR Rocky Mount NC US

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    I'm not a big ribs eater, but if they have other stuff to eat like chicken and such, that could work. It would be interesting to check out a new place.
  12. JediRiff FanForce CR Rocky Mount NC US

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    I have heard a few folks here at work say that Mr. Ribs isnt all its cracked up to be. I dont know first hand, because I havent eaten there in about 10 or so years. However, if I recall, they dont have separate rooms, and Gardners does. I am leaning towards us eating at Gardners, at the moment, because I think they could possibly close us off an area, if we can get enough folks there. Would an afternoon thing work for everyone?
  13. Kazuma_Kuahara Jedi Master

star 4
    I do know this though, i don't think i will be able to attend this meeting. and i won't know untill after the speeches so lets keep our fingers crossed. for my 2 cents on a place to pick, find one with free water and free rolls hehe :p I'm a poor boy gonna try to eat before I go if i make it
  14. JediRiff FanForce CR Rocky Mount NC US

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    Well, thats what I am trying to find out. Would dinner be better? Around 6pm, or so? I want to have it when the most folks can make it. No point in doing it somewhere to block off the area if most of our folks cant show up. I need some input folks, ASAP, please. :)
  15. eddie-wan-kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Gardners is okay with me, though I would be lying if I said I liked their food a lot. But I'm okay for whatever time is best for everyone so include me. Oh, and Riff, we eat there all the time and I promise you Mr. Ribs does have a private room. To each his own, but their ribs are some of the best I have ever eaten. They also have chicken and pretty good steaks, but they are a bit pricey so it may not be the best of choices, just an idea that sprang to mind.
  16. FettFan5150 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Lunch Time Or Dinner Time.......
    I Say Lunch Time...... :D
  17. joe-da Jedi Master

star 4
    Just thinking about the "Ham's Girl" again.

Oh, and lunch or sup-sup be fine with me.
  18. JediRiff FanForce CR Rocky Mount NC US

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    Lunchtime sounds like a good idea to me, too.
  19. JediRiff FanForce CR Rocky Mount NC US

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    Eddie-wan, any way you can pass this on to CW and the other fellas from Wilson?
  20. eddie-wan-kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    I'll try, but I havent actually seen CW in about two weeks. Dont know whats been going on, though I do know he has had car trouble.
  21. JediRiff FanForce CR Rocky Mount NC US

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    Ok. Since the knucklehead isnt on the boards much, which is a shame as funny as he is, we gotta find a way to get up with him and the others.
  22. Aayla_secura4 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I dont know if anyone has seen this. But hottopic has a star wars "Ep3 teaser" t-shirt. its not much, but I think it looks pretty cool.
  23. eddie-wan-kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    I'll give CW a call tommorow. I just need to know for sure where and when the meeting will be and he can pass it on to Inept.
  24. JediRiff FanForce CR Rocky Mount NC US

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    Lets say plan to be at Gardners at 12:30pm, this Saturday, then.

25. eddie-wan-kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.