main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson NEXT MEETING Feb 9th 2pm galctic empire

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by firstsonofsolo, Feb 4, 2008.

1. firstsonofsolo

firstsonofsolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 2, 2006
    I believe Phil said it is 413 S 6th avenue. It is on 6th avenue between congress and broadway downtown. There is limited space we will have to sit n his little metal horses or bring a folding chair to sit on. He just opened today and is still not quite situated.

Topics for discussion

Races and relays for 2008
    Parades for 2008
    zoo prep
    Minis
    RPG
    book club
    PCC recap
    toy show in March
    food drive???

2. Zedd

Zedd Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 20, 2007
    Why again is it on a Saturday this time around? I don't have a problem with it, just curious.

3. JediObiKat

JediObiKat Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 15, 2006
    We're meeting on a Saturday because I asked if we could...

I thought Phil's new shop was called Science Fiction Addiction?

Chris, thanks for making up the agenda, you must be getting ready for the transition when I leave or something :)

4. firstsonofsolo

Feb 2, 2006
    I have been a little behind the ball and have just now barely recovered from the holiday madness. Now I am trying to get us rolling for 2008!!!

5. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003
    Is this official? I'll post it up.

6. firstsonofsolo

Feb 2, 2006
    41 S 6th ave

Science Fiction Addiction

those are correct...........

7. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    41 or 413??

8. firstsonofsolo

Feb 2, 2006
    41 S 6th is the correct address.........My mistake for posting the other.

9. JediObiKat

JediObiKat Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 15, 2006
    Voilà, les minutes:
    Attendance:
    firstsonofsolo
    Rebel Mom
    Phil
    Cathiecat
    Zedd
    Brandon
    Moi (Jedi Obi-Kat)

Items discussed:
    -Parades: We are going to be the Tucson St. Patrick's Day parade along with the DSG (it's a DSG event). We will meet at 9:30-10 at Armory Park. The route is 2.9 miles long. They expect about 25 kilopeople to show up. The parade is on Sunday March 16.
    Parade of Lights: We want to do it again! This time, people have expressed interest in building a float; construction could begin in late summer.
    -The DSG is officially the Jundland Wastes Squad of the Dune Sea Garrison of the 501st Stormtrooper Legion and they have a whopping 13 members in southern Arizona
    -Other races we are interested in doing are the Susan G Komen (April 6) and the MS Walk (March 15), both in Tucson.
    -Food drive: We would like to do semi-annual food drives. This would be a wholly TFF event. Ideally, we would like to hold the drives in front of grocery stores.
    -Reid Park Zoo Howl-o-Ween: They want us back! but don't want to think about it until July. We will try and get other fan clubs (like maybe Star Trek, etc :-O) to join us.
    -Book club: March 1, 2pm, Himmel Park Library. We are going to be discussing X-Wing: Rogue Squadron. It's a great book, so join us!!!!
    -RPG: Vangarian just concluded our rod of power saga, and we will be beginning a new story line this coming Friday at Cathicat's house.
    -Minis: Some of the group is addicted minis...it sounds like all is going well there.
    -Phoenix Comicon: Sounds like everyone had a great time. Hal9k1 even got his photo in the newspaper, lol.

Also, for the record, Phil's new shop is pretty cool!

Oh yeah, our next meeting is on March 9 at 2pm, hopefully at the downtown library.

10. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    good meeting :) definitely a lot going on for 2008.

11. jedirevan1

jedirevan1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 4, 2006
    You guys have been busy :). Just wanted to drop by and say hi, been gone awhile. Hope you guys are all doing well.

12. firstsonofsolo

Feb 2, 2006
    Hi Tina!!! Give Dustin. Damian or myself a call! We need to get a hold of you!