NEXT MEETING ? Friday, July 1st ? PLEASE RSVP

Discussion in 'Spokane, WA' started by JarusSarn, Jun 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JarusSarn Jedi Master

star 4
    Hello all, sorry for the late update on the next meeting, it's been posted on the website for a while, but not here yet. The next meeting will be a 4th of July BBQ on the 1st at 6:00pm at my house in Hayden, Idaho. Some food will be provided but this will be a BYOB (Bring Your Own Beef) Barbeque. All are welcomed to attend, especially new members, and those who haven't been around a lot lately.

We're planning on just hanging out and having a good time, I've got a BBQ, in-ground trampoline, a well-maintained yard, firepit, two xboxes and 3 networked computers, we should have a good time. We may also choose to play some Star Wars boardgames... Monopoly, Risk, Stratego... If you have one don't hesitate to bring it! We may even break out a deck of Sabacc...

As far as transportation goes, you can either A) send me a PM asking for my cell phone # and call me for directions, or B) PM either Casey (TK-3374) or Kelli (Eledaia) for information, since they've both been to my house before. If you would like to carpool, or if you need a ride, please post a request, and someone will gladly offer you one. Since meeting attendance has been rather low lately (we know you're all still out there) we're requesting that you RSVP in this thread so we know how many people to expect. Thanks, see you on the first!
  2. mightyd4 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Sorry can't make it, as usual I work till 11pm on Fridays. And on top of that don't have a working vehicle.

Nick
  3. JarusSarn Jedi Master

star 4
    Bummer, is there no way you can get this day off? If there's any remote possiblility, please try... and the ride shouldn't be a problem if you don't have to work.
  4. Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR

star 6
    Sounds like fun! I'll be there, but I will probably be late as I'm usually not out of work until 5:30 on Fridays due to camp clean up. I look forward to seeing you all again. Any longer and I'd be hospitalized for withdrawl :p
  5. mightyd4 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Update: and no I can't ask for Friday off, I'm a Supervisor, and if I asked for one Friday a month off they'd move me to Saturdays, and split days off would be bad.

Anyways, update because working till 11pm won't be the issue, after the 27th I'll actually be working days.... the catch is I'll be in Morrilton Arkansas. I was asked if I could go train a new center down there, from June 27th to July 22nd... sooooooooo I couldn't pass that up. On July 1st I'll be flying back to Spokane for the holiday weekend... I may or may not get into town in time, although if I do, might be cool for someone to pick me up at the airport and I can head right to the gathering.

(Anyone know anybody around the Little Rock, AR area?)
  6. TK-3374 Jedi Knight

star 1
    My new job just told me today that we will be working july 4th so i do not know if i will be able to come to the bbq until late in the day. i will keep you updated john on what times i could come if i manage to get off work early or not
  7. JarusSarn Jedi Master

star 4
    Um, Casey, the meeting is on the 1st, not the 4th... am I missing something here?
  8. TK-3374 Jedi Knight

star 1
    ya i meant the 1st not the 4th sry. when i wrote that i just got done with a 13 hr shift. with any luck i will be able to get off early but highly doubt it
  9. Eledaia Jedi Knight

star 3
    I'd be happy to carpool, as Oo_la_la and I will at least have 2 seats in the car available. Nick, I'd be happy to pick you up at the airport if you let me know what time!
  10. TK-3374 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hey Kelli, Whats a "Druck" on your sig? and yes i know its off topic
  11. Eledaia Jedi Knight

star 3
  12. Daramin_of_The_Way Jedi Master

star 4
    I'll be there.
    With 2 Xboxes, should we plan on Halo? If so, Casey would you mind bringing your X-box? And to make it more Star Wars related we could have Star Wars Lego and Episode 3 duels.
  13. TK-3374 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Ya ill bring it, all depends still on what time i get off work if im going to be able to go. still no info ><
  14. CoolHanLuke Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Hey gang![face_cowboy]

Sounds like a fun time. I don't know, yet, if I'll make it.

I had to go back to Olympia for a job interview. If it had been any other job, I wouldn't have gone. But, since it was a State position with the Attorney General's office, I couldn't pass it up. However, I didn't get the job, but, I'm interviewing tomorrow for another State job with Labor and Industries. I plan to remain in Olympia until I find out if I have the job. So, tentatively, I'll be in Olympia for two more weeks.

I was asked if I can come to the Spokane Valley Hastings on July 1 to interview for a part-time position (leading to full-time eventually). I also have a shoe-in with another part-time sales position at Ironwood Athletic Club. It's less wages than working for the State of Washington, but...if I can't get some "hits" in Oly, then, I'd like to give the Spokane Valley-CDA area another try...[face_thinking]

Maybe I'll see ya', maybe not...hmmmm?

Later --- :cool: [face_talk_hand] :eek:
  15. TK-3374 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Im warning you now Coolhanluke DO NOT WORK FOR HASTINGS! i worked there for 4 years and they screwed me out of everything til they drove me to insanity and quitting. get in with the other place. or better yet... goodluck with the state jobs^^

BTW still no update on me getting off in time for the meeting. tonights little storm put us behind tho so its not looking good ><
  16. padmay_and_luke Jedi Knight

Hi everyone!

This is an RSVP for myself and my brother, JediMasterHare - we are planning to crash the July 1st/4th party on Friday! There was talk about letting people know what we planned to bring to share, so put us down for homemade chocolate cookies and either a green salad or a pasta salad (I am torn between the two!). :)

I am not sure whether the young padawan Luke will be in tow just yet; I am waiting to hear from other SW parents.

See you all there, and let's hope for sunshine!

Padmay
  17. Raph1613 Force Ghost

star 4
    I will be there.

In fact, I'll even be at the parking lot at 5:15pm.

Amazingly enough, I have a Jeep Cherokee in my possession at this moment. That means that I can take about four extra people and cargo if necessary.

If all goes well, I'll be bringing a pork tenderloin and maybe some kind of pasta salad with me.

Did I mention that I missed you guys?
  18. JarusSarn Jedi Master

star 4
    the feeling's mutual Raph :D
  19. Raph1613 Force Ghost

star 4
    Thanks John.

It has been rough being as busy as I've been lately. With all the work that I've been doing, you'd think that I'd have more money rolling in.....
  20. JarusSarn Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh, heh heh, I'm sure you're fully aware that it's never the case. Oh well.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.