main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spok, WA Next meeting, it is an election year, time to change the guard!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by galerianscurse, Dec 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. galerianscurse

galerianscurse Jedi Youngling

Apr 11, 2008
  2. Eledaia

Eledaia Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2004
    Sorry, this is a sock for me, so the post above is for Eledaia!

Ok, I'm hoping for no snow, so it is still safe to come out to our apartment for a meeting. This can be the Christmas party or just a plan meeting if you like, I would just like to get one last meeting in at our place before the end of the year. I have some really nice autograph photos (over 100) from CIV that y'all can divide up between you, a handful are actually autographed. They are left over from our last shift volunteering for Official Pix.

Also, I think we need to at least vote for a new President, since I have a problem coming into Spokane.

I'm thinking Saturday December 13th, 5pm to ??? If you want this to be a Christmas party, bring a white bantha gift for exchange! If y'all think this is a bad idea, come up with another idea!

Also, if y'all think it is better, I can move it up to this Friday the 5th from 5pm to ???. Let me know who can come and which day!

3. the_black_smudge

the_black_smudge Jedi Youngling star 3

May 24, 2004
    Either day works for Sabrina and I. I say let's go all out and do the Xmas party thing: white Bantha, potluck, the works!
    Kelli, are you wanting to step down or just feeling bad about the distance issue?

4. The_Cheeser

The_Cheeser Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 16, 2005
    The 13th is the best day for me. I love the Christmas party idea. It can be low key, but still fun.

Man I would love some of those photos.

5. JarusSarn

JarusSarn Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 10, 2004
    Honestly, if you guys want to see us more, start scheduling events/meetings/get-togethers and we'll do our best to show up... but not much has been happening lately, and we've been spending a ton of time with our idaho friends lately. We're generally not available on Mondays and Fridays though.

6. Eledaia

May 28, 2004
    Well, mostly I feel like I'm useless over here, because we are so far away and we are so busy. We are not leaving the group, I just don't want to feel like I am letting the group down by being president in name only. Besides, I've been president for long enough, time for elections!

So, I don't think we will do nominations, however you can encourage others to step up. If you want to throw your hat in the ring, just post here. I will gather the names and setup ballots by paper at the meeting and by PM after the meeting.

7. -JediClone-

-JediClone- Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 21, 2005
    It's sounding like the 13th is the better day, but I could do either... assuming I can get a ride.

8. Raph1613

Raph1613 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2004
    Aside from the Halloween thing, about the only things we usually have going on are Props meetings. Since we usually wind up gabbing about... well, pretty much anything, those meetings could turn into something else more official, if need be.
    Don't you have any props you need to make for any of those outfits that you've got?
    By the way, what's going on Mondays and Fridays?

I don't know about anyone else, but I think you're still okay as President. You're about as level-headed as anyone can be. You're not power/prestige-hungry or anything silly like that.
    You just need to hang out more. Whether as President or just Kelli.

Well, that's my two-cents worth.....

9. the_black_smudge

May 24, 2004
    I would like to wholeheartedly second that! I have seen firsthand what a bad president can do to a club and I am deeply grateful that it has not happened here. Kelli FTW!

10. Dark_Vilas

Dark_Vilas Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 21, 2005
    I'm totally on board with Kelli as president if she's willing to continue.

11. Daramin_of_The_Way

Daramin_of_The_Way Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2004
    My vote for Kelli as well. I guess this is as about as a formal/informal vote that we can get :D
    Unless Kelli is ready to step down?
    I miss you guys, but work has taken up pretty much all my free time. Alfredo can sympathize as retail goes crazy this time of year.

12. Raph1613

Raph1613 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2004
    Well, we had the meeting.
    Kelli has resigned herself to her continued sentence...er, appointment, I meant appointment... as President.
    You may all rejoice, now.

Oh, and she submitted Chris's official appointment as CR to the MODS.
    Congratulations Chris!

As long as we're talking Titles, anyone have any thoughts on appointing Smudge as our official Master At Arms?
    I'm all for it. Between the shop, and his skill, he's more than qualified.

13. the_black_smudge

May 24, 2004
  14. Eledaia

May 28, 2004
  15. Dark_Vilas

Dark_Vilas Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 21, 2005
    Ack, my bad. Kelli's account was signed in on my computer...oops. I should delete cookies more often.

So what I meant to say as me is: Huzzah for Kelli and congrats to Chris! :D

16. Daramin_of_The_Way

Daramin_of_The_Way Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2004
    Congrats to our new officers and I second the nomination of Smude to Master at Arms (of Arms?).
    I think Chris can ask our RSA for a title change on Smudge's account.

17. the_black_smudge

May 24, 2004
    I for one would consider this an honor. Thanks for the support!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.