main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

next meeting July 8 or July 15?

Discussion in 'Archive: Idaho Falls, ID' started by Oscar_the_Gungan, Jun 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oscar_the_Gungan

Oscar_the_Gungan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 1, 2001
    Just thought i'd throw this out there. Would it be better to hae our next meeting on July 8 or we could on July 15 and then we can se what happens to Adama on the premiere of Season 2 of BG that night.

2. Ariadnae1

Ariadnae1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 15, 2003
    I think we should have the meeting on the 8th. Since we seem to get together on fridays anyways, we can always hook up on the 15th for BattleStar.

Just my opinion, not sure how much it is worth, but there it is.

3. nordicgal

nordicgal Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    I also think we should have it on the 8th, mainly because we need to get a final head count for the camping trip.

I vote we have it at our house, at 7:00 pm. Because we still need to pay for the camping sites with the club money, I also vote that we each bring our own food and drinks to the meeting. We can then determine how much the camping sites will cost, and how much money we will have left over after that.

What does everyone else think?

4. Ariadnae1

Ariadnae1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 15, 2003
    I totally agree Laura. It should be on the 8th. We do need a final head count for the camping trip. Also, I am totally hip with meeting at your house and saving the clubs money.

5. spiralpadawan

spiralpadawan Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 1, 2005
    sounds good, so sack dinner or pot luck? I was thinking about nachos if you want to do pot luck, I have a huge #10 can nearly full of nacho sauce and if I don't use it soon then I'll have to freeze it. Another idea would be baked potatoes... I've got a bag of potatoes that I am happy to cook up and bring, along with the nacho sauce then maybe if someone else brought other toppings... what do you ladies think?

Also, on a side note, and off topic, I wanted to apologize to you both for sending out your invites so late, we kept expecting to see you so I carried them around with me, and after we missed you all again last weekend I just stuck them in the mail, so please don't think it was intentional! Erin, if Jenny isn't at the meeting perhaps I could trust you with hers? I don't have her address. Thanks guys.

6. nordicgal

nordicgal Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    Melisa -

Those ideas sound good - nachos *always* sound good to me! =P~ - but I was thinking that everyone should just bring their own food and drink. You know - "brown bag" it.

Right now it's just too hot to be fussing around in the kitchen, even with a crock pot or microwave! I figured everyone could do fast food, and we could hold the meeting in the basement where it's cool.

If we sit really still and drink a lot of water, we may not sweat to death!! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.