main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ark Next meeting; June 3..in conjunction with Movie Night at the home of the VIce President

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by hyperspace_police, Oct 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    Well, if we are doing a Restaurant, I'm more for Corky's than Olive Garden--sorry Bobby--but there are lots of other great places we could go, too--maybe something on the North Side of the river since we have done so much on this side.

Any point--particular issue for this meeting?

We still need to have a costuming get together.

Get out your goblets, because here comes the whine:
    stupid title-changing threads...

I also want to have another game night sometime soon--The Game Room is up and running again under new management yet again--maybe we should do something there sometime...

2. VADER312

VADER312 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2005
    WHAT'S THE GAME ROOM?

3. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    It is a store near the bowling alley for rpg's and card games and such. They have tables for playing upstairs.

4. Jedi_Master_Vader

Jedi_Master_Vader Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2003
    man i remember when i use to play pokemon up there all the time. what kind of meeting will this be, i think that is what will determine the location

5. VADER312

Dec 11, 2005
    STAR WARS CARD GAMES...I'VE HEARD OF THESE. I'D SAY WE COULD DO IT OUT AT MY PLACE BUT I'M STARTING A NEW JOB AND THINGS WILL BE STRESSED AROUND HERE FOR A BIT.

6. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    Here's my thinking on this.

Since we may be getting more events where we might need to show up in costume...Maybe we should go ahead and combine costuming with a monthly meeting.

Monthly meeting general purpose is to share picutres, visit, maybe play a little Star Wars games, and work on finding
    other community events to participate in.

The demand for our presence in costume should increase through our efforts....*crosses fingers* Hopefully, that is.

So, it would be good if everybody could have some type of costume. I may not know what I'm doing half the time, but I don't mind helping others out. (And I don't think it looked that bad...) Please tell me if it did.

So, if Nyborg wants to host and there are those that would like to sew...I'd like to help everybody get some kind of costume who would like to wear one....

And Dodge...See what you can find out about the game place. Stuff like...Do they charge? I know nothing about that sort of thing so, I'm pretty much at a loss about it.

7. Nyborg13

Nyborg13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2004
    I have a bit of room around here we could set a table or two up and the ones who didnt need to work on costumes could play games.

8. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    Ok Mr President...

Throw a date out there and we'll get on it.

Bacon

9. Nyborg13

Jun 28, 2004
    I was wondering ... could we have it on a Friday. You know people could start showing up around 4 or 5 ish the ones that can and everyone else just showup when you get off or somthing we could go till morning if we wanted. Just a thought

10. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    Hey all! Long time no see.. I know... Henry, I'd be interested in checking out your new home with all the collectible square footage. ;-)

So... what all have I missed? New officers? Cool. :)

11. VADER312

Dec 11, 2005
    WHAT WE NEED IS A LITTLE JAWA SWEAT SHOP WITH OTIS AT THE HEAD OF THE BUNCH CRANKING OUT SOME T-SHIRTS, COME ON PEOPLE! IT'S FREE ADVERTISING FOR THE GROUP

12. Nyborg13

Jun 28, 2004
    Hello Elan-Rai glad to hear from you. You back or just visiting either way you are always welcome. And unfourtunly the museum still sits in boxes. With winter it was hard to get motavated to work on the building but you are always welcome to come over.

13. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    Pick a Friday, any Friday...

I love sewing all night...Shoot, sometimes I do better that way.

Anyway...We do need to get some shirts cranked out...

14. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    Yeah! Shirts!

15. Shadowscout04

Shadowscout04 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 30, 2004
    Just pick a date as far as I know there is nothing planned in March, I don't have to work any Saturdays so I'm good. Henry is usually off on Fridays, so let us know what date is good for the majority.

16. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    Any date is good for me....

And I got some more "tunic-esque" fabric yesterday.

People look at you real funny when you're in a Wal Mart buyin 50 yards of fabric.

But, it's the crinkly stuff that makes good tunics.

PS If Tre still wants a Anakin Costume...I have fabric that's just about right for an Anakin Tunic and I think
    there's probably just about enough of it left to make a tunic for him. Just let me know.

BJ

17. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    I don't think the Game Room charges for space--it just ends up being a scheduling thing and whether or not he wants to dedicated a certain time to Star Wars (in Memphis we had a once-a-month game night at a certain comic shop while I lived there...)

As for a meeting on a Friday--that would work for me, although I wouldn't be able to get there until after 5, probably closer to 6. And please not March 24 or 25.

We could do something on St. Patty's. Everybody bring your green lightsaber!

Happy Ash Wednesday y'all. I don't know if any of you are practicing catholics. Did anybody party down yesterday for Fat Tuesday? Way to come in like a Lamb, March!

18. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    I agree with Dodge, not the 24th or 25th. It's mine and Mack's 5th Anniversary weekend....

19. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    Didn't go downtown last night. Thought aboout it, but I had my kiddos last night...!!!

Anyway, I spent about 3 hours trying to assemble a hammock swing for my front yard...Then fell asleep outside.

Got bit by a stinking mosquito...Guess I taste better than last summer...

How do you get these darn things not to itch.

20. Nyborg13

Jun 28, 2004
    Ok then March 17th my house 4pm or as soon as you can till.... We will have a costume, St Patty, Game, hang out night. Bring your costumes so others can get ideas. Dont forget green and if there is a game you like ask I may have it. Dodge can bring his minis if someone will play with him. Tre' has several attacktix.

I guess like before if you would grab a bite to eat on your way and we will have snacks and stuff for the rest of the night.

Any ? just ask.

21. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    Mr. President, your secretary/treasurer/seamstress....will be there!!!

And I might be bringing Pie....I love to make pie....and sometimes they taste good? (I hope!)

See you then

Bacon

22. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    blue star ointment?
    chiggerid?
    nail polish (substitute for chiggerid)

Pending veto by the Queen Mum I'll be there with bells on.

23. Lavenderrose73

Lavenderrose73 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 2, 2005
    Happy Ash Wednesday y'all. I don't know if any of you are practicing catholics...

No, but my dad's an Episcopilian and I gave up chocolate for lent one year while I was living with him. We (youth group) were traveling back from Mexico, and got back into Santa Paula just before 12 a.m. Easter morning. I tore open the Almond joy I'd bought only hours before and waited for that church bell to start striking midnight. Then I was on that bar like green on grass! [face_pig] [face_laugh] Anyway, if I can get that dress pattern and figure out what fabrics I need to buy (and zippers, buttons, or latchhooks etc.), I might be able to go. And if Bonnie's with me and is into sewing, she may be able to help me get started. :)

Lavenderrose @};-

P.S. Police, I have an essential oil blend called Valor which contains essential oils of Spruce, Rosewood, Blue Tansy, and Frankincense in a base of pure Almond oil. That stuff made me forget a bite I had on my ankle, and I had applied it through my nylon stocking at Church!

24. Jedi_Master_Vader

Jedi_Master_Vader Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2003
    Sorry guys but I will be at Physics Day up at the U of A in Fayetteville and we are gonna be there till about 10 pm.

25. Lavenderrose73

Lavenderrose73 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 2, 2005
    Hey, sorry you won't make it. Better luck next month. I just know I need to get off my butt and get a costume (or 2) made. I'm going to need one by C 4, big time!

@};-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.