main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So CO Next meeting! (let's get this goin baby!)

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by JediDragon, Aug 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    Okay, I think there was talk about going to a park and hangin out, which works for me, but when do we want to do it?

And is there something anyone would rather do than this? Preferrably something free b/c I'd like to finally meet Joshua :)

The DVD comes out in November, right? I was thinking maybe we could all meet here on base and watch it on the BIGscreen in the dayroom of the dorm. I'll even spring for pizza for the group for that meeting (cuz I'm so cool like that). There's a pool table down there too, so we'll have at least something to do besides watch AotC, stuff our faces, and talk SW (as if we need anything else, right?).

My thinking is that if any of you can't get on base, either coordinate with someone who can and hitch a ride, I can come pick you up, or if all else fails, just show up at the gate and give me a call and I'll come and get ya.

Now of course this is 3 months away, so we got time on that one, but what else do we want to do as a group?

2. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    Lets do something soon. Preferably between the 23rd and 30th. (That's the last free week I have, then I'm up in Wyoming.)

3. Miccu_Resea

Miccu_Resea Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2002
    Ummm...i have a DVD player in my house, but it will take some convincing for my mom...ill see what i can do. i might be able to have something at my house. ill work my magic. ;)

AS for a meeting in August, Ok. ill venture out a time. Here we go, see if it sounds good to all.

Date: August 25
    Time: noon (just a suggestion)
    Where: Memorial Park, the "Bowl" (West of the Tennis courts and WSW of Prospect Lake. If your confused, ill tell you where to go.)
    Event: Meeting, BYOL/Picnic.

Agree or Diagree? tell me what you think.

4. Micah333

Micah333 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 13, 2002
    I'm new and would like to meet you all. I can't make it to the Denver meeting, so a local one would be GREAT!!! The only scheduling conflict I have is school, which starts on the 20th, so weekends are great!

Hope something gets finalized.

-Micah

5. Nakta_Ga-mat

Nakta_Ga-mat Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 2002
    Alright ya'll. Believe it or not, I think I might be able to make it to the meeting this time. Especially if ya'll are gonna keep costs out. YES!!! 25th works for me. As for the "Bowl" at Memorial Park, I'm sure I can find it...I haven't been to that park yet so we'll just see. Keep posting and keep us updated and we'll see what we can do.

6. Darth_Zach

Darth_Zach Jedi Youngling

Apr 5, 2002
    That works for me, the 25th and all that. I'll have to find the bowl, but that's no big deal. I also like the idea of watching the DVD in november at peterson. That would be very cool.

7. DarthLeif

DarthLeif Jedi Youngling

Jul 31, 2002
    i know, we could go to the park for the second meeting and then watch the dvd on peterson to finalize the fan force

8. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    I can make it on the 25th, but it'll be pretty rough for me...but would it be possible to move it later in the afternoon so I can get a little more sleep like say 2 or 3?

as for making it official for the DVD viewing, we don't have to wait that long...that'll be in NOVEMBER...we could be official before that if we wanted to.

9. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    edit: cancel that, just saw info that makes this post show my tard side.

10. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    25th sounds good to me! :D Bring your own lunch sounds good to. What do we plan on doing? Hanging out? Lightsaber practice? I don't have a blade for mine yet.

11. Miccu_Resea

Mar 17, 2002
    Dont worry about the time. Im sure that we will all be there when you arrive, but if its ok with everyone, i think we will move the time to 2 if its ok with everyone. Anyone agree?

Yay or nay, if you agree or disagree?

12. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    I don't have a blade-ready saber right now (after my old-new one got broke), and I won't have time to make a new one before that, so I dunno if saber combat will be possible.

13. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    Can we get a verification that the time change to 2:00 is okay? Or that it's not?

14. Miccu_Resea

Mar 17, 2002
    Everyone!!!! here is the final meeting time for our second official meeting.

Date: August 25
    Time: 2:00 (just a suggestion)
    Where: Memorial Park, the "Bowl" (West of the Tennis courts and WSW of Prospect Lake. If your confused, ill tell you where to go.)
    Event: Meeting to discuss things, Talk about the movies, BYOL/Picnic.

Ill send this in to Obey Wann to get this official. ;)

15. Darth_Zach

Darth_Zach Jedi Youngling

Apr 5, 2002
    BYOL-Bring Your Own Lightsaber. Heh.

Cool. That works. I will get permission and then we will go.

16. Padawan_Willow02

Padawan_Willow02 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 31, 2002
    Way cool!!! And I might even get Amber to come to this one :D ! So, what do we bring? Our own lunches or snacks or whatever? An umbrella in the hopes of rain ;) ?

17. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    I'm bringing my doggie, and mostlikely my little brother. Both shall be on leashes ;)

18. Micah333

Micah333 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 13, 2002
    Are you guys planning to come in costume??? I've never been to a meeting. I'll bring my incomplete one I'm working on (thanks Sarah).

19. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    meetings don't usually take place in costume, but if you wanna bring it, feel free.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.