main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lg.Is, NY Next meeting May 16, 2004

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by MasterSifo-Dyas, Apr 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MasterSifo-Dyas

MasterSifo-Dyas Jedi Master star 4

Oct 1, 2002
    The next DB516 meeting will be Sunday May 16, 2004 at Noon at Hicksville's Broadway mall food Court. --Billy

2. xamgunthery

xamgunthery Jedi Youngling

Apr 18, 2004
    hi everyone. i am new with the l.i. chapter..i met a few of you already involved in db516 @ eff this past weekend. i was wondering if i might come to the next meeting to see how it all works...thanks again. and the aerosith was awesome...rj

3. Moorglade

Moorglade Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 1, 2002
    Hi, Xam! New people are always welcome to join our meetings. It's pretty informal: food, some club business, some mayhem. ;)

4. StarFromIHJ

StarFromIHJ Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2002
    RJ, everyone is invited to the meetings.

May 16th is one of the few days I don't have anything to do for graduation so I'll be there.

5. cyranodb

cyranodb Jedi Master star 4

Aug 26, 2001
    If you guys don't mind I'm gonna see if I can make this one myself. :)

6. StarFromIHJ

Apr 5, 2002
    We don't want your kind of scum Mike. ;)

If you do come you'll be the newest double agent. lol

Do you need a way to get there?

Anyone want to do something afterwards? Movie, Krisch's, anything? We could even go crazy and do both a movie AND Krisch's. OOOOO. ;)

7. cyranodb

Aug 26, 2001
    Dana,

Let me know where it is and I'll try and find a way.

8. citizenjohn

citizenjohn Jedi Knight star 5

May 4, 2001
    Hey Gang,

I may try to make my way out there as well ;)

John

9. ark3

ark3 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jan 27, 2003
    We'd love to have you!

You can take the LIRR to the Hicksville station -- the mall is a short walk away. Ask Moriah about this option; she is the expert. :)

Or if you're driving, directions are available on the Mall Directions Page.

Other options may be available as well. Just ask. :)

10. cyranodb

Aug 26, 2001
    Ooo..Just realized yesterday that Dion's AIDS Walk is also May 16th and I already promised him that I'd take part. I'll catch you guys at the next one.

11. MasterSifo-Dyas

Oct 1, 2002
    So the meeting starts at 12 Noon. We've had some interest from people who can make the meeting at 1 PM. Well, I propose we get the club buisness out of the way and then get on to the fun stuff. So to any of our new members: feel free to show up at 1 PM.
    Other than meeting buisness, let's get some Star Wars round table discussions. I'd be interested to hear everyones opinions of Clone Wars Cartoons. --Billy

12. ark3

Jan 27, 2003
    Ooh, Clone Wars. I think I'll carry the laptop in case anyone needs a refresher viewing... :)

This should make for a good discussion, anyhow. I think General Grievous will be particularly controversial. After all, do we really want another "throw-away" villain for Episode 3 when we have all that Anakin/Vader darkness to relish?

13. MasterSifo-Dyas

Oct 1, 2002
    Yeah Yeah! Thats the stuff I want to hear. I didnt get to sit down and really watch the clone Wars carefully so I'd like to hear the over view and what everybody thinks. --Billy

14. GotMauled

GotMauled Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2004
    The clone wars thing sounds good. I only was able to see 4 of them on night. It would be good to hear what ws fully going on. I dont need to worry about any one ruining any thing after all like titanic i know the boat sinks.

15. Moorglade

Aug 1, 2002
    The Titanic sinks? Well, no sense in seeing that movie now.

16. StarFromIHJ

Apr 5, 2002
    Why would you want a depressing ending to your movie like The Titanic sinking?

17. MasterSifo-Dyas

Oct 1, 2002
    Well now wait a second, with George Lucas we dont really know how it will end. He may decide that Episodes IV, V, and VI arent cannon. --Billy

18. StarFromIHJ

Apr 5, 2002
    Grrrr. I just realized my Mom's cousin's daughter is having an engagement party that day so I kinda have to go to that. I RSVPed to it without realizing it was the same date.

19. MasterSifo-Dyas

Oct 1, 2002
    Oh oh, so you wont be there? You can send Jar jar Binks in your stead. Just tell him what to say. --Billy

20. cyranodb

Aug 26, 2001
    Just make it clear that he's not to start ANY wars.

21. MasterSifo-Dyas

Oct 1, 2002
    It should be a fun meeting. I think the new Subway sandwich shop will be open next to our table!! --Billy

22. GotMauled

May 1, 2004
    silly question.
    How will i find you guys. Will the group banner be up. will you be playing music. blond minds want to know.

23. ark3

Jan 27, 2003
    For all the new folks, we meet at the "back corner" of the food court, right near the elevator. As Billy pointed out, that underground transportation brand sandwich place would be right near us as well, assuming it's open by then. You can usually spot us pretty easily. We're at the large group of tables that have been pushed together. Generally there are a few toys on our table and usually a Star Wars backback.

I look forward to seeing (nearly) everyone this weekend. I've been swamped with work lately and thus have been away from it all.

Billy: Can we do the tape -> computer -> tape transfer at the meeting?

24. Moorglade

Aug 1, 2002
    Sadly, I don't think mall security would let us put the banner up. Or play music. And while I'm normally in favor of rebelling against authority... ;) in this case I'd hate to make enemies, and lose such a great meeting spot. But I usually try to bring something obviously SW to put on the table to indentify us.

25. GotMauled

May 1, 2004
    How would a pice of SoftWare sitting the table help identify your spot? A starwars game maybe but that would be small and heard to see from a distance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.