main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Cincin, OH Next Meeting: Newport on the Levee January 21st at 2pm.

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by DarthSkywalker360, Dec 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthSkywalker360

DarthSkywalker360 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 21, 2002
    Ok this gives everybody ONE WHOLE MONTH to gather up some cash and spare pocket change for this meeting. So we can catch a flick, grab a bite to eat, do some gaming, and whatever else you can think of.

Long Version:

Well after looking at the upcoming NFL playoff schedule and the month of January this was a hard call to make. I believe there is simply not enough time to throw together a meeting before the end of this month. And since a lot of schools are starting back on the 3rd of January, including UC which I'm a full time student at, on top of the playoffs beginning on the 7th; there is no time in which to have a meeting in the beginning of January. But there is one weekend day that there will be no playoff games on and that is the 21st. This is just one day before the Conference Championships and the 21st is a SATURDAY! So I'm making it official the next meeting will take place at Newport on the Levee on January 21, at 2pm; we'll meet up in front of AMC's ticket booth.

Short Version:

Newport on the Levee, January 21, Meet up at 2pm in front of AMC ticketbooth, Be there.

2. Sean_Starrider

Sean_Starrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 30, 2002
    Well since you made a effort to avoid the playoffs then I will try my best to make it. I haven't been to Newport on the Levy in awhile so I look forward to it. As far as a bite to eat goes...Dueys! [face_dancing]

3. Darth_Tynaus

Darth_Tynaus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2003
    My fiancee and I may try and make it.

4. star-killer1

star-killer1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 7, 2005
    I should be able to make it.
    Barring unforeseen weather ofcourse.

5. CINCYFAN

CINCYFAN Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 10, 2005
    I think I can make that, and good call on arranging it around the playoffs, if the Bengals make it to the AFC Championship, I would be there anyway, so that day looks good so far. Barring any last minute scheduling from the radio station or an Oak Hills game being on that Saturday(don't think there is one then, but I'll have to check). It's been forever since I've seen anyone in the group, so this would be a good time to catch up with those of you who I haven't seen since the summer and get to know those who I haven't met yet.

6. Brian5475E

Brian5475E Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 21, 2002
    What do you mean "if" they will be there. I'll be there, haven't been to the Levee in awhile

7. Sean_Starrider

Sean_Starrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 30, 2002
    Come on people [face_laugh] The Bengals are not going to the AFC Championship! Yes the Bengals have a good record and yes they have restored hope to Bengals fans but it should be noted that they have lost to every AFC team they have played that is in the playoff picture as of now (Indianapolis, Jacksonville and Pittsburgh). The Bengals also have no playoff expierience and they don't have a good defense. If you don't have a good defense then you won't go anywhere in the playoffs. Maybe in a few years when they build a descent defensive line then you can talk about Championships. ;)

8. Icarus999

Icarus999 Jedi Youngling

Nov 25, 2005
    Should we come in costume or not?

Yes an odd question shall be pushed out of the way.

I have a Jedi costume leftover from halloween. It all depends on what you guys think.

9. Brian5475E

Jul 21, 2002
    I don't think anyone has dressed up for a meeting.

10. Exalted_1

Exalted_1 Jedi Master star 3

May 17, 2002
    no need to go in costume... these meetings are usually a casual affair, but if you prefer wearing a costume over wearing nice comfy street clothes we won't stop you. :)

11. DarthSkywalker360

Oct 21, 2002
    Alright, one week to go. The boards have been pretty dead for a while so I hope thats not a bad sign that nobody will show up. I'm looking forward to seeing as many people there as possible.

12. CINCYFAN

CINCYFAN Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 10, 2005
    Well, I'm out, gotta work at the radio station that late morning/early afternoon because of an earlier than usual Miami game. Hope you get a few people to show, I've also noticed the lack of activity here on the boards.

13. Exalted_1

Exalted_1 Jedi Master star 3

May 17, 2002
    my nephew's 1st birthday is the 21st. I will not be able to make it.

14. Z28Jerry

Z28Jerry Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 22, 2004
    Man, I'd really like to go, but I don't know if I'm ready to come out of the closet just yet, lol.

Seriously though, I will be out of town (when am I not out of town anymore)?

A pending job change would allow me to do the same thing I do now but without the travel, so if that goes through I should be having some free time to actually do cools stuff and meet some people for crying out loud.

Jerry

15. Brian5475E

Jul 21, 2002
    I'll be there, but the way it's sounding looks like it will be cancelled, But if it is Mike I'll still meet you up there if you want to see a movie or something.

16. DarthSkywalker360

Oct 21, 2002
    I'm definetly not cancelling this meeting. I'll be up there as scheduled.

17. star-killer1

star-killer1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 7, 2005
    What movie should we all try to see.
    I know I'd like to see Hostle.

18. Brian5475E

Jul 21, 2002
    I heard Hostel really sucks, plus I'm not really a horror movie type of person

19. DarthSkywalker360

Oct 21, 2002
    I don't know, we'll just decide when we meet up.

20. Icarus999

Icarus999 Jedi Youngling

Nov 25, 2005
    I shall be there. The Hot Topic just got some tightass Star Wars belt buckles, i got one last weekend, they have a stormtrooper, boba fett and darth vader... i hope to meet u guys there

21. DarthSkywalker360

Oct 21, 2002
    I would like to give a big thanks to everyone who showed up. It was definetly a fun time and successful meeting. It was also great to meet Icarus, and Darth Tynaus' fiancee for the first time. I hope to see both of you again at future meetings.

22. Darth_Tynaus

Darth_Tynaus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2003
    Thank you guys for welcoming Suzanne into the group. That really meant a lot to me. I am really looking foward to bringing her to future meetings.

23. Icarus999

Icarus999 Jedi Youngling

Nov 25, 2005
    Yeah it was great meeting you guys too. I had a great time. Where should our next meeting be?

24. Brian5475E

Jul 21, 2002
    Yeah it was a great time. Note to self "Don't get the garlic at Deweys" LOL

25. DarthSkywalker360

Oct 21, 2002
    haha, good times. I don't know about the next meeting, I'm open for suggestions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.