main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA Next Meeting/Next Ep III Viewing Sunday June 12th Sac-comic con/Century Arden

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Deadpool, May 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Avalyn07

Avalyn07 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2005
    Oh, I have some experience sewing. I have a machine and a surger. I would gladly donate my time to help if Rogues are getting together to make some costumes.I have always wanted to make a jedi costume.

2. Lord_Darth_Vader

Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2001
    "I would gladly donate my time to help if Rogues are getting together to make some costumes."

Uh oh ... okay Rogues, take it easy on her. Not everyone jump at that offer at once. You may need to back them off with a Gaderffii Stick ;)

3. sithmastersaul

sithmastersaul Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 26, 2005
    well i need a darth maul outfit

4. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    bolatej: the con only goes until about 4 if I remember right. A lot of people start packing up around 3:30. We will be there, probably still in costume, so drop by if you can!

5. ShasaWaterwalker

ShasaWaterwalker Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Maybe that should be a meeting one time.

Get together and those that have sewing machines, bring them.... and have a costume making meeting.

I have a sewing machine.

For those not ready to sew, they can talk idea's and get them on paper on how to make them and what they would need....

6. Avalyn07

Jun 1, 2005
    Sounds good I'm free in the evenings M-F. Definitely we are going to need some sort of list from one that has been done.

7. Bith_Lord

Bith_Lord Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2005
    As I've never been to the Sac-con, whats the likelihood I might be able to pick up an FX lightsabre from a vendor?

I've waited so long to pick one up, they've disappeared. D'oh!

8. TaintedJedi

TaintedJedi Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2004
    I'll try to request time off... have jury duty the week before it though... so we'll see!

-TJ

9. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    If my Sand Crawler is up to the challenge, I should be there. If not, I will steal an Imperial Shuttle from the Sith Lord, who lives with me, on that day. ;)

Super Geeks do it until it (MHZ) ;)

10. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    [image=http://swanb.net/SVRF/saccon5_12.gif]

11. PatttyB0123

PatttyB0123 Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 2, 2003
    lol will be enough parking for my speeder? :confused:

Nice picture. :D

12. JoeSunrider

JoeSunrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 6, 2002
    That cockpit is SO from the game X-Wing.

13. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    SOOOO what if it is? It's my favorite game. Wanna make something of it? ;) ;) heh heh heh

14. JoeSunrider

JoeSunrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 6, 2002
    AJ, I need a costume, buddy! You never answered when I asked if you were free on Thursday.

15. sacul-1138

sacul-1138 Jedi Youngling star 5

Nov 9, 2000
    *dusts off Sacul-1138.

Oh the light it hurts my eyes!! I've been held hostage by Deadpool in a basement somewhere in Oakland among his dirty socks and a DVD copy of Batman and Robin on repeat play.

Which clearly violates at least eight U.N Rules.

16. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    You never really know what's going to be at this con. Though the likelihood of finding an FX saber is really low, I've never seen any of the vendors have them before.

17. Harlock415

Harlock415 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
    You never really know what's going to be at this con. Though the likelihood of finding an FX saber is really low, I've never seen any of the vendors have them before.

I'll be there with some SFFF members hopefully. As far as finding an FX saber i think it unlikely. But you can always get them directly from MasterReplicas.com. If we have anymore 20% off coupons from the premier I'll try to bring them up. But I know that Borders sells them too for about $100.

18. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    Hey Harlock!
    It will be good to see you and some of our other SFFF sibs at this event!

19. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    Ya know, we really need to start thinking about a banner and a table at the Sac Con. We could give out flyers about the group, take pics with people in our costumes and other things. One thing to help raise money for us for our dinners at meetings and such would be creating and selling pictures.

I have always wanted to do this. All we need to do this is:

- A lap top or desk top computer with Photshop, PaintShop Pro or some other graphics program on it.
    - a didgital camera
    - a half decent printer
    - and quick set up green screen background
    - light saber hilts ;)
    - high gloss photo paper

We could charge $10 per picture, and offer several different Star Wars backgrounds as well as offer several light saber hilts, and let the customers choose between which light saber hilt, background, and choice color of blade. And I know between AJ, Joe and myself, we could have these pics done and printing within 3 minutes. We take their picture with the hilts, add the background and light saber blade, and BAM! it's done. I think we would get a big draw for that. And this would strictly be for non-profit, the money would be used for the printer ink, paper, and for the group's functions.

20. Harlock415

Harlock415 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
    We were thinking the same thing, only prob is I have the only decent printer and laptop.

21. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    Great minds think alike bro ;)

22. Bith_Lord

Bith_Lord Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2005
    All the stores virtual and non seem to be out of stock of the FX sabers which really sucks since at Best Buy they had a ton and I didn't grab one and then at the Old Sac Star Wars event I held back because they were marked up about 30 bucks.

As for the booth, sounds like a good idea. I've seen what other clubs have done and there's a lot of cool possibilites.

23. Avalyn07

Jun 1, 2005
    That is a great idea! Especially if there are kids going. My nephew is six and everytime he comes over he wants to play with the lightsabres, ofcourse I take his picture. I do have a digital camera I know it's a least 3x megapixels Olympus with a smart media card. I have two Master Replicas FX lightsabers. One is Anakins from EPII Blue and the second is Lukes from Return of the Jedi Green. You may use them.

24. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    Sounds like a good idea to get our name out there and to earn a little money for the charity. My only thought is the 501st. We'd kinda be stepping on their toes, depending on how we approach it. But you're the leader LDV, I just give suggestions from the sidelines. :)

25. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    True Tionne, but I don't think the 501st would mind too much, and if they did, it would only be sad that they can't "play nice with the rest of the groups" ;)

We could also sell SVRF decals as well. Also, we could see how much it would cost to have SVRF patches made.

As for the banner design .. I would love to see this image
    [image=http://www.sjfanboy.com/image.gif]
    on our banner that hangs in front of our table, or hanging up behind it. So Bith_Lord ... could ya make the image bigger and email it to me? ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.