Sac, CA Next Meeting/Next Ep III Viewing Sunday June 12th Sac-comic con/Century Arden

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Deadpool, May 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Blastech Jedi Padawan

well, i was there, even met tionne hawk. however
    i somehow, missed everyone thereafter. i went to fresh as agreed
    upon, and no one was there. i waited for 20 minutes, even went
    back to the con and everyone was gone. what happened? i wanted to
    say hi, meet everyone, introduce myself, etc.

is there going to be a scheduled meeting in the near future?
    i surte hope so. i will keep my eyes peeled...
  2. Thrawn_72 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Well, that SUCK big time. I cut some family time short to make it down there and could not find a soul. Granted, I did not get there until 3:30 but I had planned to stay after and meet with all that showed up. I thought there was going to be a meeting and then possible, movie. I guess what upsets me the most is that I drove all the way down there and no one to meet and greet. I think we need to have some sort of chain of command where we have #'s and things like that.

Normally, I look for LVD or Tionne, but if I do not find them I have a hard time recognizing people, new and old. Any thoughts? Thanks for letting me rant.
  3. Jedi_Blastech Jedi Padawan

well yes, as a matter of a fact i do...

some of the things we learned while building the orange county fan force
    was organization saves. we were very organized. we had phone lists
    of members distributed to we all had each others cell numbers. that would
    have clearly helped here. the board members had business cards to hand out to
    newbies. i was a board member in case you can't tell.

it is entirely possible i made an error at the con, who knows.

i was and am bummed that i couldnt really inro myself to anyone
    in person. my first outing was dissappointing. i will try harder
    next time becuase i believe in groups like these. i really enjoy
    the people, i enjoy the friendship and the feeling of family.
    everyone new each other and even their wives/husbands, kids etc.

i will try harder.

maybe next time, we can have signs up at the con for new folks. maybe we can
    have email or phone trees set up. maybe we can have a table setup to recruit.

anyone have a thought?
  4. sithmastersaul Jedi Knight

star 3
    well i am back from the meeting it was more like a gewt together game of tag we tried to keep together but it was hide and seek . devin hope you feel better and dont eat at toxic bell man it will kill you.
  5. Thrawn_72 Jedi Knight

star 1
    JB,

I like that idea. We really need a setup like that. Maybe even member not in Sac town but in outlying areas could get together and then a big Sac meeting like that. I am in Roseville, and I have seen members on the board as far as Stockton, it might help to recuit new people and bring them into the fun. Just my two cents.
  6. Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Ok for one, I wasn't there due to reasons beyond my control which happened last night and left me being up all night. Deadpool knews about it and Tionne should know about it by now as well. Thanks SMS

Second, Thrawn72, no one knew you were coming until this morning. For events like this, when the marquee above, shows the next event, it is set in stone and announced on the Fanforce main board that the event is a go. When everyone see the marquee is changed and the new event is announced, it would be nice to see people start to post if they are a go or no go for the event a few days before the date of the event. Do not wait until the last moment to say you can come. Some people in the group only have access to the net and boards during the week and not on the weekends. That is why I have the marquee set up the way it is, because people coming into the boards can quickly find out if a new event is coming up by checking the marquee.

As for new people, always look for people with either costumes on or the SVRF t-shirts and enquire about the group. From my information about today, the 501st and Rebel Legion weren't in attendance today either. The 501st may be burned out at the moment. When I am not in attendance, my two wingmen/women (Rogue two and three) can speak for me and make decisions for the group.

Jedi_Blastech, sorry I missed you today, but I have a quesiton. You say you are from the OC boards, then why did you change your name? And what was your name down there? I know people from down at the OC chapter. Also JB, OC is OC, and places like SF are just that. Everyone lives within those boundries, we are spread too far out. Sac is central from all of us, and orginization will always be a challenge.

For everyone elses information, the Steves Pizza was an awesome meeting. The Midnight showing meeting was an awesome meeting. I can't think of two meetings that were better. We had a great time, so it is possible to have a great, and orginized meeting. And I seem to remember an organized meeting and event to Petaluma Thrawn72, that you attended.

As for our next meeting, I am getting the details for the 18th as we speak. I will post it later today.
  7. JoeSunrider Jedi Master

star 4
    Meetings at these things are NEVER organized. They run too long and everyone's schedule is so erratic it's impossible for us all to meet. I did see Bridget and SMS because I decided to swing by for a little while before work. I'm glad I did because I managed to get a mint, complete copy of a Japanese Dragon Ball game for Mega Drive (Japanese Genesis) I've wanted since I was a kid for $10.
  8. thearm5 Jedi Padawan

SUNDAY ARE BUSY AND MAY NOT BE THE BEST DAY FOR A MEETING. IS THERE ANY PLAN FOR ONE THE WEEK OF THE 21ST IM SURE MY SON WOULD LOVE TO BE THERE
  9. Bith_Lord Jedi Master

star 4
    Well I had a great time.

Got Super Ghouls and Ghosts for the Genesis for four bucks and a nice copy of... wellllllllll anywayyyyy. I dug talking movies with the Rogues and SF crew at Applebees and seeing EP3 again.

Thrawn - We must have just missed you.

Jedi - I remember someone mentioning Fresh Choice as a food possibility but I believe heading to the theatre first was what was decided on. Sorry about the confusion.

LVD - Hope you feel better man.
  10. Jedi_Blastech Jedi Padawan

i did not change my name...i was a member of the orange county star wars club, my member profile is still at www.ocstarwars.com if you would like to look. this is probably the most i have ever been on fan force boards. i posted mainly on the oc star wars website boards themselves. when i was down there, i worked in emergency services so i did not have time to go beyond our chapter website, just to much happening.

just so everyone knows, i am not upset or anything else with anyone but myself. i clearly did a bad job of listening i guess, and i missed out. if anyone is even slightly offended or botherd, i apologize.

11. sithmastersaul Jedi Knight

star 3
    ldv, this is a great group of people i think you do a great job of trying to get everyone at the meetings i think after we get to know each other as a group things will get easier but everyone has different work schedules and families. i think cell phone numbers or email addresses are a good idea but if your new just check the website for meetings and ldv does a great job at answering emails sent to him . i know i bug the crap out of him lol. it was nice meeting everyone today
  12. Deadpool Jedi Youngling

star 4
    With all the people in this group spread from the bay area (hawkgirl) to the outskirts of Yuba, Roseville, Sactown and parts unknown scheduling has never been an easy thing.

Many people will stated they are coming to the meeting, sometimes life (or Taco Bell) happens and makes it impossible.

Others simply cannot commit due to schedules and other things and are last minute people.

It all happens and unfolds in ways no database of info could predict or manage....we are Rogues and are beyond predictions.

That said todays event went as well as it could and to quote the matrix films "what happen happened and couldn't have happened any other way." Normally we have a central meeting place arond the 501st or Rebel Legion tables, since that area was taken by the actors of Devils Rejects we were without a base of operations it's hard to centralize people and enjoy the convention.

For those that got missed, sorry. things just didn't fly as smoothly as they normally do today.

We have alot of new members and we don't as a habit (for privacy reasons) ask for cell phone numbers, but for those who feel comfortable doing so I suggest giving your cell phone numbers to either LDV also and/or Hawkgirl and Myself (or any others), to become part of the chain of communication.

Our group is strong and it is growing but it takes the effort of everyone to make meetings succesful not just the City Rep.

13. sithmastersaul Jedi Knight

star 3
    hey dead are hungry i feel like a nice big burrito or a nacho bell grande maybe a nacho cheese chalupa and wash it down with a baja mountain dew. lol
  14. Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    [Red Foreman from That 70s Show]how about a foot up your a$$ to go with that Dew SMS?[/Red Foreman from That 70s Show] ;)
  15. sithmastersaul Jedi Knight

star 3
    well, i never that tone that language i am ofended sir you should be ashamed of yourself for talking like that."starts eating a nacho cheese gordito " [face_sick]'wait i dont feel so good my stomach i feel dizzy oh wait a second i need to stop spinning around in circles
  16. Deadpool Jedi Youngling

star 4
  17. Avalyn07 Jedi Knight

star 3
    It was great meeting all of you. I had fun hanging out with you all!! I hope to get to know you better. I was also please to see some of my old friends from SF. On the other note I do think it is a good idea for a least the leader of the group be able to personally contact or be a contact for new Rouges. But it was pretty easy for me to find the Jedi in costume and bend their ear. All in all it was good experience for me and I am looking forward to getting some of us together to make some costumes.MTFBWY.
    P.S. LOVED seeing the movie again and yes I had to wipe my eyes at the end. Guess no one noticed.
  18. AnasianSkywalker Force Ghost

star 3
    Thanks to all of the Sac. Rougues. Sorry I was late. I was riding w/Harlock415 and we somehow wound up in the suburbs that looked straight out of The Brady Bunch. Anyway, It was really great seeing and hanging w/ old faces like Tionne, and Avayln07 again, as well as meeting the rest of the present and future members of this club... :D And ironically, the last time I was here last March caused me to ultimately leave a job I had for roughly 5 years.

And now that we've all seen it w/ you guys on a 35mm print, you have no choice but to drive all the way down to San Francisco to watch ROTS in DLP this Saturday the 18th after our SFFF meeting. ;)
  19. Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Ha ha Deadpool, SMS very funny with the Taco ewwwww Bell jokes. I'm feeling better today although I feel like I just went 15 rounds with Mike Tyson without loosing an ear.

Sorry I missed you and Harlock, AnasianSkywalker. We will be crashing your meeting on the 18th my friend. Avalyn07, sorry I missed our first meeting as well. I promise there will be more in the future.

Speaking of which, I am working on the details now so that the 18th will be an official meeting.
  20. Deadpool Jedi Youngling

star 4
    ahh but the real question is if LDV ate Taco Hell and got sick and Mike Tyson ate LDV's ear...would Mike Tyson get sick?

21. Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Actually, he would have more brains in his mouth and stomach than in his head. ;)
  22. TionneHawk Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Well, it looks like Hawkie stepping back into her old role as CR for this meeting didn't quite go as planned.
    I am so, so sorry we missed you JB. We did look for you at the theater (even at the wrong end of the theater) and I made sure the anxious boys waited to see if you would show up. Thrawn, I didn't know you would be there, or I would have hung out a few minutes longer to let you catch up with us. I think we left about 3:30 after I changed out of the jedi gear.

Thanks to the SF guys (and gal!) for coming out and indulging us once more.
    It was great to meet some new members as well as reconnecting with the older, more experienced, ones. There wasn't much to have a meeting about since I didn't know what LDV's plan was, but I think it went rather well for what it was!

Bith Lord, why hasn't your Phantom of the Opera-loving buddy logged in yet???? ;)

ROTS #3 for me, just as good as the two times before. You weren't the only one wiping tears away Avalyn. ;)

LDV, did you get my 60-something phone messages? Just checking to make sure your number is still good and that you do check it when you are not in the bathroom. Feel better big guy!
  23. PhantomOfTheMenace Jedi Padawan

Here I am!

*waves to TionneHawk & everone else*

I had a blast at the event & a great time meeting everyone! We'll all have to do it again sometime!

How do you like my username? I tried signing up as Darth Brooks, but it was already taken, (I succeeded on the "other" messageboard, but no seems to post on that one as often as this one.)

24. Bith_Lord Jedi Master

star 4
    Welcome PhantomoftheMenace!

Hey where's your avatar?
  25. PhantomOfTheMenace Jedi Padawan

Still looking, Bith-Lord. There's tons of 'em on this site!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.