main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spok, WA Next Meeting: Please make this if you can!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Eledaia, Aug 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eledaia

Eledaia Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2004
    Ok folks, it is summertime and as we are finding out, it is hard to get people to attend meetings when the weather is so nice outside and there are so many activities to attend. We just figured this out too late and planned too many things for our group to do at the beginning of summer.

Anyway, we had an impromptu meeting of the officers at the BBQ at John's house, and Steve and Reanna can PM their thoughts on the subject to me since they weren't able to come. At this meeting we discussed my proposal that we have 3 Spokantina meetings a month: one general club meeting, one costuming meeting and one fanfilm workshop meeting.

Our hope is that we can increase attendance during the summer months by having only one general meeting that everyone can plan to attend, and then the other meetings will be focused on projects. We will continue with this schedule until there is a demand by the club members for more frequent meetings! The Plan is to have the general meetings on Friday evenings on the 3rd friday of the month(not set in stone), and the costuming meetings all day on the 4th Saturday of the month. Please PM me with scheduling conflicts, we don't want to exclude anyone by scheduling meetings when one can't attend, but we DO have to try and hit a day when the majority of members can attend...

Also, I have suggested that at every general meeting, we have a 30 minute session of serious meeting time to discuss issues, make announcement, address new and old business. This will begin and end in a specific window of time at the meetings, so members can decide whether to attend or avoid the "serious" stuff. The rest of the meeting will be our usual crazy fare.

So, all that being said, I have reserved the E-Nest from 5PM to Midnight on Friday August 18th. The serious meeting will begin at 8:00PM and end at 8:30PM. The rest of the 3rd quarter meetings are as follows:

AUGUST

General Meeting: Friday 18th - 5PM-12AM - Eagle's Nest
    Costuming Meeting: Saturday 26th - 10AM-12AM - Eagle's Nest
    FanFilm Meeting: TBA

SEPTEMBER

General Meeting: Friday 15th - 5PM-12AM - Eagle's Nest or other venue?
    Costuming Meeting: Saturday 23rd - 10AM-12AM - Eagle's Nest
    FanFilm Meeting: TBA

2. ewok_jedi

ewok_jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 5, 2005
    Oh I might be able to make the costuming meeting in September, assuming I can get up early enough to be there by 10 am

3. Eledaia

May 28, 2004
    Well, it will go all day, so if you don't get there right at 10am, you still have plenty of time!

4. Daramin_of_The_Way

Daramin_of_The_Way Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2004
    Due to the fact that I have to work Friday, I'm afraid that I can't make it. However, I am all for the 3 meetings a month.
    Also, I think we need other places besides the Eagle's nest to meet. I'm working on some ideas, but I think maybe one at Mission Park in Spokane Valley would be good.

5. The_Cheeser

The_Cheeser Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 16, 2005
    This is an excelent idea. Often I only have so much time that I can spend with you guys, and I definately want to be there for the important announcement stuff.

When will this "window" be for the meeting this Friday?

6. Eledaia

May 28, 2004
    8PM - 8:30PM

7. Eledaia

May 28, 2004
    Great meeting guys! We had 9 people show up total and it was just nice to hang out and talk! James stopped by and gave up an update on his current projects, John talked about his Unreal Mod project and showed sketches and we had some discussion about fanfilms and clone armor...Thanks to everyone who came and we hope to see the rest of you soon too!

Also, please note that the costuming meeting is a week from today at the Eagle's Nest and it will run 10AM to Midnight. This is an all day thing so that we might actually get things done! Bring your props to show, your questions and anything else to work on!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.