main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Seattle, WA Next Meeting, Saturday June 17th

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by micdavis, May 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediYvette

JediYvette Pacific RSA emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 18, 2001
    On the off chance its packed, we'll loiter by the doors outside or something. Look for signs or geeky t-shirts. :p :D

2. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Yvette, do you want me to change the title of this thread, or are you guys going to create a new one?

(Or you can wave your hand and say "You can go about your business. Move along..." :p )

3. JediYvette

Jan 18, 2001
    Actually, yes please. Maybe more people will note it if they notice it is new. :)

4. _Vengeance_

_Vengeance_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 1, 2002
    Here's to hoping I figure out the bus system and everything correctly for tomorrow! :p

I love public transit, but my oh my is a big system terrifying. In Salem we only had 25 routes! With a simple system for paying and knowing the cost. But now various payment systems and weird zones to worry about, and not being able to buy a June bus pass discounted or anything. *shudder*

Wish me luck! [face_worried]

5. JediYvette

Jan 18, 2001
    Ooooooh! I love public transport too. Well... actually, I love saving the planet so I take public transport. :p
    And good luck! I hope the meeting is worth it. [face_plain] :D

6. _Vengeance_

Jul 1, 2002
    Oh, I'm sure it will be. And it's a reason to finally hop into town and get a grasp on the bus system. :D

7. AmmersVI

AmmersVI Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2005
    Ah, good ol' joe metro~ It is confusing at first but after a while you'll get the hang of it. :)

8. JediFarfy

JediFarfy Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    The buses aren't too bad. You'll find the routes you prefer, though I swear every one I use is late. Maybe they're all just late all the time. :p

JediFarfy

9. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Sorry I didn't get the title changed sooner! I promise to get it done before the meeting next time. :oops:

10. JediYvette

Jan 18, 2001
    Well, still thanks. People will still know what we are talking about this way.

Speaking of that, I just wanted to say I really enjoyed today. :D
    JediFarfy will post everything discussed later for the people who couldn't attend. :)

PS. You all totally rocked. :D

11. JediYvette

Jan 18, 2001
    Double post. :oops:

12. _Vengeance_

Jul 1, 2002
    Woo, didn't have to take the express bus back! [face_dancing]

Had a blast with everyone, really looking forward to our next meets!

13. AmmersVI

Jun 25, 2005
    I'm still hurting for all of the laughing we did yesterday. [face_laugh]
    It was a blast! I'm looking forward to the next event! [face_peace]

14. Maco_Star

Maco_Star Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 15, 2006
    my cheeks hurt too...lol...I was wanting to say:"We should meet more than once a month!", but I didn't know what ya'll would say. Anyways I had a fun meeting everyone! Thanks for coming, we could totally change this ff around.

15. _Vengeance_

Jul 1, 2002
    If it's feasible for everyone, I'd totally meet more than once a month. It can be hard to get that to work for everyone though, and you don't want to dry out all your material too fast, and then end up having to pull out Awkward Silence Card #17. ;)

16. AmmersVI

Jun 25, 2005
    [face_laugh] I think we'd almost have to meet more than once a month. Especially with all of the activities that we thought up!

17. Maco_Star

Feb 15, 2006

Awkward Silence Card #17

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] yeah I know...I just had so much fun...plus I need all the help I can on sewing, and many of ya'll are experienced.

18. JediYvette

Jan 18, 2001
    Ooooh! Okay. :D

What other days are good for everyone? :)

19. JediFarfy

Nov 2, 2000
    SOOOO much fun! Just let me know ahead of time and I can get the day off. I've already asked for the July day off. I had so much fun!!!

BTW, I'll get the summary typed up all pretty and posted. My coffee's wearing off, so I need to quick. [face_coffee]

JediFarfy

20. Maco_Star

Feb 15, 2006
    wed and sun is good for me...

21. Maco_Star

Feb 15, 2006
    wed and sun is good for me...

22. JediYvette

Jan 18, 2001
    I work all day, every Sunday ( :( ) but Wednesday would work. :)

23. _Vengeance_

Jul 1, 2002
    I don't know what days I'll be able to get off at the place I'll hopefully be working at, but whatever is decided I'll ask off. :)

24. Maco_Star

Feb 15, 2006
    wed sounds great..any1 else?

25. JediFarfy

Nov 2, 2000
    I work until 5:30 on Wednesday (and Sunday I think). Stupid work. Despite my love of coffee (or obession...), I do not enjoy working the cafe. [face_not_talking]

Anyways, here is the meeting summary! Enjoy!

[b][color=green]Seattle Star Wars Society[/color][/b]

[b]Place:[/b] Westlake Starbucks outside of mall
    [b]When:[/b] June 17th, 2006 @ 6:00 ? 8:00 PM
    [b]Attended by:[/b]
    _Vengence_, AmmersVI, JediFarfy, JediYvette, MacoStar, two guests
    [b]Notes by:[/b] JediFarfy

[i][b]Topic One:
    Future Meetings/Gatherings:[/b][/i]
    [ul][li]The 2nd Saturday of every month works well for everyone at the meeting and is easiest to remember.[/li]

[li]Attending local Renaissance Faires (i.e.- Washington Ren Faire in Gig Harbor) in costume was a very popular idea. Seen Topic Two notes below for attendance details[/li]

[li]Something, though nothing specifically was mentioned, would be awesome for the 4th of July. Ideas will be brought up by then on the board, should we decide to do something.
    The exhibit Star Wars: Where Science Meets Imagination will be in Portland, Oregon October-December 2006. Details on attending to be discussed at future meetings as date gets closer[/li]

[li]The Science Fiction Museum near the Seattle Center would be a great place to check out as a group. See below for details on an upcoming visit.[/li]

[li]C4 in Los Angeles!!!! We all are planning on attending Celebration 4 in May 2008. Details we are going to be working on soon include:[/li]
    [ol]
    [li]Group flight discounts[/li]
    [li]Hotel rooms (blocks are usually reserved for FF groups)[/li]
    [li]Costumes!!![/li]
    [li]Disneyland!! There are also Disneyland-related flight/ticket discounts available, so we should plan ahead (aka now) for that possibility.[/li]
    [/ol]
    [li]Other Star Wars/Sci-Fi related places and events would also be great to attend. Toy stores were brought up (sorry, forgot the names!) as some members are collectors.[/li]
    [/ul]
    [i][b]Topic Two:
    July Meeting:[/b][/i]

July 8, 2006 1:00 PM
    Seattle Center Pavilion food court Starbucks, then to the Science Fiction Museum

[b]What we would like to discuss:[/b]
    [ul][li]Costuming for C4 and Ren Faire (especially)[/li]

[li]More detailed Ren Faire topics, including:[/li]
    [ol]
    [li]Transportation and the possibility of car rentals and carpools[/li]
    [li]Which weekend? It was suggested we go the second weekend (August 12 or 13) to fit with our every 2nd Saturday idea[/li]
    [li]Tickets? How many, mainly. Online purchased tickets are good for any day of the festival. Possibility of discount also mentioned.[/li]
    [/ol]
    [li]August meeting:[/li]
    [ol]
    [li]August 12th = second Saturday[/li]
    [li]Possibly at Ren Faire?[/li]
    [li]More details to be discussed at July meeting[/li]
    [/ol][/ul]
    [b][i]Topic Three:
    To Do:[/i][/b]
    [ul][li][b]Lightsabers![/b] If we go in costume to Ren Faire, we thought everyone should have a lightsaber, no matter the actual costume. Some of us have more than others, so we should figure out what we have, what we need, how much we?re willing to spend, etc.[/li]

[li][b]C4 organization:[/b] We want everyone to know who we are! Ideas brought up were magnets and t-shirts. Those would be with the new logo and name (if we get one). Yvette would like it if everyone PMed their sizes to her (please specify men?s and women?s; will be kept confidential :P) so that she can get plain shirts and work on the transfers. There?s a topic on the board regarding artwork and logo design, which we need to get on top of for this as well. If possible, we could even get these done for other sooner events![/li]

[li][b]Communication:[/b] Several of us, though definitely not all, visit the Seattle board daily or every few days. Problem is, we could have a last minute thing and not everyone will know. Ideas brought up were a website designed specifically for us, as well as a newsletter via e-mail and/or PM. E-mail addresses were taken at the meeting, but more would be great. That will keep even non-board members up to date on our current events. If you wo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.