main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson Next meeting sunday April 13th Joel Valdez library

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by firstsonofsolo, Apr 8, 2008.

1. firstsonofsolo

firstsonofsolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 2, 2006
    OOps with everything going on I forgot to post the thread.

Meeting will start at 3PM yes I said 3PM NOT 2 like usual.

Post up topics for discussion!

2. JediObiKat

JediObiKat Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 15, 2006
    - Who wants to be my replacement???
    - The usual updates
    - Book club
    - RPG
    - minis
    - Food drive

Is there anything else going on?

3. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    will be there. Isn't April 26th the March of Dimes event.. and also on May 3rd there is a fun event going on at Heroes and Villains, free comic book day, also possibly mini promos, and I have heard our own Jungland Wastes Squad is going to be there to entertain the masses as well. We should definitely go out and support them.

4. firstsonofsolo

Feb 2, 2006
    April 26th is the march for babies Cat. There is also an overnight marathon in Coolidge with the DSG/JWS.

5. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    oh yeah that's right.. I forgot about the overnighter... I actually would like to do that.. unfortunately no way to get Jake home from work if I take the car out of town.

6. JediObiKat

JediObiKat Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 15, 2006
    So, at the meeting today...

Attendance:
    firstsonofsolo
    cathiecat
    Zedd
    Brandon
    Rebel Mom
    Phil
    Jedi Obi-Kat
    David

RPG, Minis, and book club all want more people to join them!! Cat is thinking of putting out advertisments for RPG at game shops and flyers for book club at the libraries and Bookman's
    Food drive - sounds like it will be sometime in May, we just need to get approval from the Basha's at Cortaro and Thornydale
    March of Dimes - April 26 (Sat) - Jundland Wastes Squad (JWS) will be there, in front of Old Main at the UA, at around 6:30 to suit up. The race starts at 9am, it should take about an hour to walk
    May 3 (Sat) - JWS is doing a toy drive in conjunction with free comic book day at Heroes and Villans, starts at 8:30/9 ish
    May 17 (Sat) - JWS event in conjunction with Costco and Children's Miracle Network, 10 am, at the Costco on Thornydale and Costco Dr., they need people to man the table.
    May 20 (Tuesday night, 9pm-midnight) - Flowing Wells Graduation Party - the school is having a Hollywood themed grad night party and JWS is going dressed up in costume, if anyone else with a costume wants to go...go prove the light side is better ;-)
    April 26 - Relay for Life, 6pm-morning, Coolidge - the DSG is going, TFF can come and support cancer research, too
    Oct 24-26 - Howl-o-ween - it'll get here eventually
    Parade of Lights - JWS will be building a float this year, the Phoenix folks want to build a landspeeder
    Phx Cactus Comic Con - Jan 23-25 - You can put it on your calendars already!

Rebel Mom was voted to replace me as secretary, effective the next meeting since I'm 'desserting' ;-)

7. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    Let's hear it for JediObiKat's last official minutes posting as secretary of the TFF!!!!

8. thatsMISTERwookiee

thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2005
    Hoping that I am not raining on anyone's parade, but...
    ...this event is strictly for 501st Legion/Rebel Legion approved costumers only. As the person coordinating this event for the JWS/DSG, I am very much aware of what the High School is expecting in terms of costume quality.

Sorry for any confusion. I do not know how this event got mentioned at a TFF meeting. It was done without my knowledge. But hopefully this message will clear up any misunderstanding.

As far as I know, at all the other DSG/JWS events mentioned, the TFF has an open invitation to attend.

Again, I apologize for any confusion on this matter.

9. firstsonofsolo

Feb 2, 2006
    My apologies Jack I jotted everything down for the next two months right before I ran out the door. No disrespect by any means so only RL or 501st approved costumes for this event sorry guys!

10. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    none taken. :)

11. dialswiftjustice

dialswiftjustice Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    Reference the March of Dimes walk, we will NOT be allowed to put up a tent and table like last time. This is per the coordinator. Ill post where we can meet and change shortly.

12. Zedd

Zedd Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 20, 2007
    Just out of curiosity, why would some High School kids care if, oh, say, The Emperor had normal black cloth rather than 5-strand black monk's robes? Or if Qui-Gon had the SAME EXACT belt as in the movies?

Just wondering...

13. thatsMISTERwookiee

thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2005
    I am not arranging this event with high school kids. I am arranging this event with the adult event coordinators at the high school and they were told that the costumes would be movie-quality, hence it is limited to 501st/Rebel Legion approved costumes only. If you have either a 501st Legion or Rebel Legion approved costume you are more than welcome to attend.

14. dialswiftjustice

dialswiftjustice Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    Hey guys, want to thank those that came out to support the toy drive. Thanks Cat for letting us use the canopy it was definetly a life saver.

I also appreciate that some have volunteered to help at some up coming events. The Cosco event and the Grad night party are exclusively 501st however, and we have enough 501st members showing up to help.

Thanks again!