main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA Next Meeting: Sunday June 22nd

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JedHead1, Apr 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    I'm looking at my events calendar, and it seems like the only good fay for an April meeting is Sunday, the 20th. But that brings me to the date of a May meeting, which has more events scheduled, and the only day I see for May is Saturday, the 10th. Do those two dates seems too close? Should we skip one month over another? Opinions please! :)

2. kay_dee

kay_dee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    Well, maybe if most of us will be getting together for the Indiana Jones premiere, the may meeting can be skipped? The premiere can be our meet up? It doesn't matter to me either way, I won't be able to make it on May 10th because I'll be in Vegas for my B-day to see DD! :cool:

3. Tatooinepadme

Tatooinepadme Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    I vote that we skip the may meeting since we will have a movie to see almost every weekend that month. There will probably be enough people meeting up that way that we can talk about anything needed in a more informal way.

4. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    If no one has plans Memorial Day, maybe the May meeting could be the 31st (Sat) for the 5th anniversary of SFFF. We could have a picnic, or something at someone's house, or just somwhere fun.

5. Ms_Skywalker

Ms_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 17, 2005
    Hey guys and gals,

I've been out of touch lately --- work has been really busy. I would like to make it to the Indiana Jones event. I don't think I can make this month's meeting.

Frack!!!

6. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    Some of us may be going to BayCon on Memorial Day weekend.

7. Harlock415

Harlock415 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
    I was about to mention that. It's BayCon and FanimeCon weekend.

8. NivekSkywalker

NivekSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2006
    i can't make sunday meetings due to church. i'll prolly go to the next movie night.

9. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    So I guess we're not having a meeting this month(?) We could have an informal one in May, before or after we watch one of the films that month. What say y'all?

10. Tatooinepadme

Apr 27, 2005
    Well, the only meeting time I could make this month would be this sunday. But its fine with me to wait till one of the movie events, since they start in two weeks. Go SpeedRacer! I guess it depends on how much we have to talk about.

11. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    Well, if you guys want to have a meeting that's OK. But I really don't think I could go to it this Sunday if I want to attempt to finish up a costume for costume con next week :(

12. docrichsgirl

docrichsgirl Jedi Youngling

Apr 17, 2008
    I'm not sure I can make it Sunday, either. (This is my first post!) [face_alien]

13. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    Wow! Joan is official now :) Welcome to the forum!

14. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Well, it seems like a majority can't make Sunday, so we'll just have an informal one in May, probably before during "Indy" weekend and/or Dale's birthday on the 24th.

15. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Any thoughts on when to have this? Maybe before or after a movie this month?

16. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    Before or after Indiana Jones is fine with me. I'd say first let's pick the show time and place. Then depending on the time of the show - we can have the meeting before or after. (for example, if it were a midnight show I'm not going to feel up to staying for a meeting AFTER).

17. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
  18. Tatooinepadme

Apr 27, 2005
    So I assume we are doing some kind of meeting before Indiana Jones. What time are we thinking of meeting? That way we will know how early we need to get there.

19. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    I'll probably get there around 6 or 7 pm to see how the line is, and maybe get something to eat once more people show up.

20. jedizoe

jedizoe Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2005
    Ok it's me yes the one and only jedizoe[face_peace] !! so i just read threw all the Forums and I was wondering when the next meeting is going to be and if were having one in April? [face_love]:D

21. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    The next meeting is the picnic this Satuday, Ash. We never had a meeting for April cuz people couldn't make it. :( We will definitely have one in June and July to: 1) discuss Comic-Con plans, and 2) for a new group photo at the Presidio and by the GG Bridge for the website (with SFFF shirts, of course).

22. jedizoe

jedizoe Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2005
    Ok cool I wont be able to make the Saturday meeting only cause I have to be in a wedding so I will be looking at the boards to find out where and when the meeting will be. have fun and I will see everyone in the next meeting:D !

23. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    What's a better day for everyone for a Comic-Con meeting this month? Saturday, June 21st, or Sunday, June 22?

For me, if it's Saturday, I have to start at 12 pm and leave by 2 pm to go to a birthday party in Union City.

We could also have it at Tanforan to see Wall-E afterwards if its on Sunday.

24. Tatooinepadme

Apr 27, 2005
    I would request Sunday partly because with those Saturday hours I would have to rearrange my schedule and partly because if its on Sunday hopefully Charles can make it and they are going to comic con so it would be nice for them to be included.

25. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    Oh, I vote for Sunday at Tanforan so we can see Wall-E! I figure with gas prices we should get our money's worth out of these meetings and do something fun afterwards :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.