Spok, WA ????? NEXT MEETING Sunday, May 13?????

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JarusSarn, May 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JarusSarn Jedi Master

star 4
    Ok everyone, it's been two weeks since our last meeting, so I'm calling this one, Casey and I have some important ideas to discuss with the group about meetings.

The meeting will be on this coming Sunday at the park close to Nick's house (a name please Nick :D) at 1 pm. Please try your best to attend this meeting, as we will be addressing some important items, and will need your input! Here are the main topics we'll be discussing...

1. Episode 3 Opening Night (which auditoriums are we all in, and what do we want to bring to the theater)
    2. Lilac Parade (what will we do this year if we're accepted and what do we want to shoot for next year...)
    3. Meetings - Casey and I's proposal for a new Meeting schedule/format
    Monthly Meeting - Mandatory for all "Active Members", meaning those members who wish to retain an "active member" status. Meetings would consist of general information about upcoming events and individual clubs...
    Clubs - We think that we need to develop smaller focused clubs in the group to focus on different aspects of SW fandom. Members would not be required to be associated with any specific number of clubs, it would simply be a perk for being in the group.

These will be the main topics of discussion for the next meeting. Also, I'd like to start a list of potential clubs, and suggest that the monthly meeting be held on the first Sunday of each month...

Potential Clubs
    Book and Comic Club
    Costuming and Prop Club
    Gaming and Roleplaying Club
    Fight Choreography Club
    Collecting Club

These are the best I can come up with right now, if you have any other suggestions or revisions, please feel free to add them.
  2. Daramin_of_The_Way Jedi Master

star 4
    One small, tiny, itsy-bitsy, baby of problem; barely worth mentioning *indicates it was very small*
    Next Sunday is Mother's day.
  3. JarusSarn Jedi Master

star 4
    Gah! See, this is why people shouldn't leave it up to me to schedule things!!! Fine, Saturday then! Aaarrgh!
  4. Eledaia Jedi Knight

star 3
    It a no-go for Oo_la_la and I at all this weekend. Our mom's birthday is the 6th and then there's mothers day, so the whole fam is coming up this weekend to hang out.
  5. mightyd4 Jedi Knight

star 2
  6. Daramin_of_The_Way Jedi Master

star 4
    I can't make it Saturday either. :oops: Sorry
    Two more weeks and then my life will be back to abnormal
  7. JarusSarn Jedi Master

star 4
    Ok, well someone else pick a date then! Because every time I pick one it's wrong... But we do need to meet soon, really soon, since we've got two events sneaking up on us soon, and we're never prepared enough for them, Bloomsday went great, but it could have been better (Kelli looked awesome :D) So, someone else pick a date (not two weeks away, Erich you're schedule will not settle down at all, you just need to pencil the meeting in, like you would with any other engagement...) How do you all feel about a Friday evening meeting? Or is that totally out of the question? Don't just say "no, that's not good for me..." let us know when you WILL be available for a meeting. Thanks.

Thanks for the name of the park by the way Nick :D Liberty Park...
  8. Daramin_of_The_Way Jedi Master

star 4
    How about Monday, the 9th in the evening?
    We could meet at Shari's or some other food place in the Valley.
    As soon as school, and tennis season are done, I will have lots more time. Lots.
    And fortunately, it all gets done in time for ROTS!

9. JarusSarn Jedi Master

star 4
    Monday the 9th is fine with me, and if it's not, I'll MAKE TIME to be there :D because I love you all sooooo much... :p Anyway, what say you all???
  10. mightyd4 Jedi Knight

star 2
    I work Mon-Thur 1pm-11pm.

All other time can be worked out for me.

Nick
  11. Daramin_of_The_Way Jedi Master

star 4
    Of course, we must consider Casey's schedule as well.
    Friday, the 13th, evening? We can still meet in a food place.
  12. TK-3374 Jedi Knight

star 1
    mon-fri after 4pm ok. and weekend free
  13. JarusSarn Jedi Master

star 4
    Ok, so shall we shoot for 6pm at a food joint then? Nat, could you get a mod to change the title of this post to Friday, May 13, Please, Thanks.
  14. mightyd4 Jedi Knight

star 2
    I'll be late Friday (in the middle of the shift change, earliest I could make it is around 7pm)

Nick
  15. JarusSarn Jedi Master

star 4
    I don't think it'd be a problem nick, as long as you don't mind being late, we'll save all the important discussion for then... besides, I anticipate that we'll have a few stragglers...
  16. Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR

star 6
    Request sent.

John, did you know that you can choose the colors of your name for as long as you have VIP status (which was granted due to helping out with the volunteer table @ C3). It's under the admin option button.
  17. JarusSarn Jedi Master

star 4
  18. JarusSarn Jedi Master

star 4
    HIGH CONTRAST!!!

hehehehehehe.... this rocks...
  19. Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR

star 6
  20. JarusSarn Jedi Master

star 4
    while it lasts... oh... now i'm sad...
  21. Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR

star 6
    Eh, they only let mods keep colors forever :p and that's only while they are active, so it's a short forever 8-}
  22. Raph1613 Force Ghost

star 4
    Friday the 13th works for me. Are we definite on the time and place?

I still need my sabers back. Did I ever mention that I HATE loaning out my stuff. So I rarely ever do it, but C-III was a special occassion and I wanted to help out. But now I'd really like to have my stuff back ASAFP. Talk to me people. Literally. You all have my number. I don't know when my next Internet opportunity will be.
  23. JarusSarn Jedi Master

star 4
    I tried to leave a message on your machine Alfredo... guess it didn't work...

anyway, we're still trying to decide on a place, any suggestions??? food place? Erich mentioned Sharis, anyone have any objection to that?
  24. TK-3374 Jedi Knight

star 1
    i would rather not go for food, if you want to eat something bring it with you or eat before. i feel obligated to buy something if we go somewhere and i have ne extra money atm. i say the park by Nicks house, weather permitting.
  25. mightyd4 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Just a request.... those who I'm saving tickets for, it would be super if you had money for them at the meeting!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.