main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA Next meeting: the evening of Saturday August 17th.

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Aunt Jar Jar Mimah, Jul 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aunt Jar Jar Mimah

Aunt Jar Jar Mimah Jedi Master star 5

Oct 10, 1999
    We don't have the time or activity yet (we have to wait until the movie and times are published for that date). I'll pm you the date and place though. Maybe that's enough to post it. I'll let you know the rest later.

2. Lord_Darth_Vader

Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2001
    Ok, I just got back from seeing "SIGNS" with my sister, and all I can say is, if you plan to go see this movie, DO NOT - I repeat DO NOT see it with a moderate to full bladder, because you will pee yourself! This movie is ABSOLUTELY a great movie!!! And trust me - in my occupation, nothing scares me much any more. But, even I, yes I, jumped a few times!!!

This movie has no blood and guts, it just scares the pee out of you!!! And yes, I would love to see it again, and again, and again!!! So, if everyone wants to, I am up for seeing SIGNS again. And yes, I will be buying this movie when it comes out on DVD!! It was that good!

It is funny, with a dry sense of humor but very scary. And the story itself is very well written. I loved the story and how everything comes together. Everything is a SIGN. ;)

So that is my take on M. Night Shamalan's SIGNS.

This movie kicks a$$!

3. Elvish_Jedi

Elvish_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 16, 2002
    hmmm... i think he mighta liked it.

4. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    How could you tell Elvish? ;)

5. Elvish_Jedi

Elvish_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 16, 2002
    it was hard to tell the way you put it, so i guess the Force just sorta told me. :p ;)

6. Master_Jedi_Cecil

Master_Jedi_Cecil Jedi Youngling star 1

May 28, 2002
    So, LDV is saying we should see Signs on the 17th. Cool. It looks perty god.

7. crutag-ventor

crutag-ventor Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2002
    Hum? [face_mischief] LDV I take it we should eat after the movie. ;)

8. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    Yes crutag, dinner afterward. This movie will scare you.

9. Jandor_Tarvin

Jandor_Tarvin Jedi Master star 1

Jun 15, 2002
    LDV

I take your enthusiasm for this movie as a SIGN that you would like to go see it again?

If so, I am all up for that.

10. CalQdeX

CalQdeX Jedi Master star 2

Mar 29, 2001
    what time?
    I think Ill be busy untill 4-5ish

11. crutag-ventor

Jan 29, 2002
    I will be booked after 6:00pm.
    I have a ?SWANK? party I cant get out of. :(

12. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    A "SWANK" party crutag??? Ummm, when I was younger that meant something, I think is very different than what you are talking about. ;)

13. Aunt Jar Jar Mimah

Oct 10, 1999
    You will be booked after 6:00 Crouton? Meaning you'll be busy all evening. :(

14. crutag-ventor

Jan 29, 2002
    Jennifer?s younger sister Rebecca is going to France for a year. :( She leaves next week, so her friends are giving her a farewell party. There will be lots of wine (for the French effect) and about 12 girls. :D I will be the only man there so I guess it won?t be all that bad. ;) But I will miss you all depending on when the meeting is set for. So do we have a verdict yet? :cool:

15. sacul-1138

sacul-1138 Jedi Youngling star 5

Nov 9, 2000
    If My Wife's schedule is the same as most Saturdays I'm avail to attend after 4pm.

16. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    hey crutag!!! NEED ANY COMPANY!!?? ;) ;) heh heh heh

17. Aunt Jar Jar Mimah

Oct 10, 1999
    Darn, we've lost Crutag. And I'm sorry I don't get to see your wife again too. I'm glad it looks like everyone else is making it though.

Going with our original plan of seeing a movie around 7:00, it looks like we have a couple options:

6:55 Signs (running time 106 minutes)
    7:00 XXX (running time 113 minutes)

Let's meet at 6:45 just inside the theater doors. I suppose people could actually see either movie.

Where should we go afterward? There's a Starbucks down the road on Arden, and there's Leatherby's a little further down the road. Or should we have a very late dinner somewhere that's open that late?

18. G-Dub

G-Dub Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 20, 2001
    I'll be there, hopefully along with the fetching Mrs. Dub. As for afters, I would be firmly behind either Starbucks or Leatherby's, though just this past Saturday night I reaquainted myself with that Raspberry Royal Fudge thingie they have, and I'm still recovering from the sugar shock.

19. fn_clone

fn_clone Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2002
    I should be able to make it. It doesn't look like I'll be able to make the fanfilm meeting beforhand though, and I don't know how long I can stay after the movie. Some friends and myself go down to the river on Saturday's for a time of worship. We usually leave around 10 or 11, so I'll just have to wait and see how things work out that night.

20. crutag-ventor

Jan 29, 2002
    Hay fn is this river worship thing an organized event or just among friends?

21. fn_clone

fn_clone Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2002
    crutag, it's basically unorganized and among friends, but I don't see any reason why other peole can't come if they wanted to. My friends have been doing it for about a month now, and this last saturday was my first time. We were there until about 3 in the morning. All in all, it was pretty awesome.

22. sacul-1138

sacul-1138 Jedi Youngling star 5

Nov 9, 2000
    I wont be able to go to the Movie due to some commitments the Wife has. But I should be able to make it to the Fanfilm part of the meeting..or at least hope to.

which I suppose is a good thing since I'll be getting up early in the Am for the radio show and should get some rest before hand.

23. Aunt Jar Jar Mimah

Oct 10, 1999
    Darn, I'm sorry we'll miss you.

24. Jeremyguy

Jeremyguy Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 1998
    Hmm, things are looking good for a movie on Saturday. When Elvish and Cecil get back from band camp tomorrow, I'll see if they want to go, too.

25. Aunt Jar Jar Mimah

Oct 10, 1999
    Sounds good!

Uncle Jar Jar Mimah and I are going to see XXX (the newest Bond franchise). It runs almost exactly as the same time as Signs though, so feel free to choose what you want.

Like I said, I'll be there at 6:45, just inside the theater.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.