main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Det, MI Next Meeting Time?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Qonas, Jul 21, 2008.

?

Next Meeting Time?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. Sat. July 26th

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Sat. August 2nd

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Sat. August 9th

100.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qonas

Qonas Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2003
    Alright, since we're obviously slightly off-schedule, lets figure out what day will work before we really hit on finding a new location. So do we want to try for this weekend, next, etc?

2. MSWCC

MSWCC Jedi Youngling

Jul 9, 2008
    As much as I want to see some activity here, I'm not sure what day would be good for me to go to any meeting. To be honest, I'm part of the MSWCC and we are trying to schedule leadership meetings, as well as a club meeting. So, I'll lurk on this and once y'all have a day/location set, I'll see if I'm available. Just for the record, I'm in Shelby Twp/Utica area.

3. CTATigger

CTATigger Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 29, 2004
    August 9th, I am working 10am to 4pm. Would be open to having a meeting that evening!
    Where? (our house is available)

4. Qonas

Qonas Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2003
    Ya know we always have the meetings at night. :p 7pm good?

You guys don't mind if we use your place again? We need a permanent location badly, I just haven't been able to really get out and search recently. My driving's pretty much limited to wherever I need to go to try and find a new job. :p I see we do have a couple new people around, so directions for them may help too.

5. CTATigger

Sep 29, 2004
    Ok, we would be up for 7pm on August 9th at our house in Warren!
    If you want to come, please RSVP by PM here or email me at chrisrhood at aol.com and I will send you directions We live off of 14 Mile Rd. between Dequindre and Ryan.
    (If there isn't enough interest, we'd like to know that as soon as possible because August is prime cruising time on Woodward for folks with classic cars and we would be out there if not at home for the meeting.)
    Mike, if you have phone numbers or private emails, maybe you can contact people too--I know I thought this board was closed because the domain lapsed on the old entry page to R2Detroit. I just happened to click on an old link I had bookmarked before that page was put up. I can send Kyle a message via Facebook.

6. CTATigger

Sep 29, 2004
    Ok, I have had a message back from Kyle that he and possibly his Mom would be able to come to the meeting/party at our house on the 9th at 7pm. Mike, I am guessing you are planning to come? MWSCC, you and any of your collector club friends are invited.
    Anyone else? Bueller? Bueller? Please post here either way if you are reading!
    I emailed Susie and Jon but had no response. I tried to email Scooby but the email bounced.
    If anyone has emails to contact folks off this board, please pass along the word.

7. Qonas

Qonas Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2003
    Scooby reads here again, and I have his number so I can just call him too. As for others, I sent a round of messages to people on Facebook in the Detroit area who had Star Wars as an interest. No takers, though one was at least polite enough to reply back saying they don't have time between work and college.

Yeah, I definitely plan on being there heh. I've spent the past week and a half just moving around non-stop so it'll be nice to be able to sit and relax a bit.

8. Scooby_Wan_Kenobi

Scooby_Wan_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 22, 2002
    Hey guys, I know I had voted for August 9th, but I now have my kids that weekend. I had to fly out to LA last week and last weekend was supposed to be my weekend, but I had to switch because I was out of town.

I'm not even going to try to get you to switch weekends. I'd like to say we could have the meeting at my place, but again, I'll have my kids and it would be to much to handle the fab 5 and try to hold a meeting.

Sorry, :(

~Steve

9. MSWCC

MSWCC Jedi Youngling

Jul 9, 2008
    You missed me. I'm on facebook and didn't get your invite. No big deal.

I was thinking about the meeting but can't do it yet. First, the date doesn't work for me, the 9th is when Shelby Twp is having it's annual fireworks and we are having just a couple people over. Second, I need to hookup with the peeps from MSWCC and get that back on schedule. Third, I'm getting involved with the 501st and will be meeting with them. Too many things going on. At some point I hope to be able to meet up with y'all and such.

Have a good meetin'

10. CTATigger

Sep 29, 2004
    Steve, we could add Scotty to it and have the Super 6!
    Seriously, if you wanted to bring your kids or have us over there with your kids, that would be ok. Otherwise, hopefully we can figure it out the next time so you can make it.
    MSWCC....LOL, seriously everyone says they want to keep R2Detroit going and get together, etc., but everyone is always too busy and other commitments are more in the forefront and this is exactly why we can't seem to get anything going.....Hope you will have time in your busy schedule to meet up with some local Star Wars fans one day:)

11. Qonas

Qonas Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2003
    Ah yes. If there's two things R2-Detroit is known for, near-last second cancellations are one of 'em. (Indecisiveness being the other. :p ) Anyways, I think we should actually push the meeting back then. The whole point of it is going to be getting the group on its feet, planning out the future and all that. It doesn't really help if only 4 people are there, 3 of which are me, Todd, and Christine. :p Does that make sense?

12. CTATigger

Sep 29, 2004
    Ok, I will send Kyle a message through Facebook that we are once again postponing due to lack of response.
    Hope we can get this together sometime down the road! Would love to see all you guys again!
    Watch for us in the red and white '58 Plymouth cruisin' Woodward this week:)

13. Qonas

Qonas Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2003
    Alright. It shouldn't be completely postponed, but we do have to push back the date a bit. Figure on the weekend of the 16th, 23rd, or 30th. Of course, in typical fashion, I'll be off camping next weekend (15/16/17) but if majority goes for that weekend, have at it. :D

So, which weekend? :p

14. Capt_Piett

Capt_Piett Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2002
    I'm not sure about a date - but any Saturday runs into me working at 1100PM that night. Sundays work a lot better for me - but I can make Saturdays work.

Just let me know when something is going down and I'll try to make it.

15. CTATigger

Sep 29, 2004
    Either the 23rd or the 30th would work ok for us so far.
    What about Steve? How is the kids schedule looking?
    Where are we meeting? Steve's place? Our place? Or somewhere else?
    We are happy to have people to our place. Like I said before, we have more seating now than we used to.

16. Scooby_Wan_Kenobi

Scooby_Wan_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 22, 2002
    Hi everyone,

I leave for LA for two weeks on the 19th. So pick whatever date works for you guys. I will just have to make the next one.

Sorry, but when I can make some dough, I must go!

~Steve

17. Neutron_Force_45

Neutron_Force_45 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 11, 2004
    Hello Everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Really miss you guys :(.......How about using my house on the 30th?
    Anyone game?*****

Steve you told me you'd be gone for 3 weeks?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.