main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Next Meeting....When and Where

Discussion in 'Archive: Tulsa, OK' started by Forceofvader, Jun 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Forceofvader

Forceofvader Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 15, 2000
    Sorry I haven't posted in the last couple of days. I've been way busy with work and haven't had time to think or play. So here we go

The next meeting is sceduled for the 13th of July. Here a couple of things I would like to go over...

1. Now that Trek Expo is over I feel that we should elect a local rep. With Jake gone and me not able to keep up with the group we need to get someone or someones in place to handle the responsibility.

2. Next work out a trip to the Smithsonian(sp?) exhibit in Arkansas. I would like to see if we can take a day trip out there as a group and have a blast.

3. Also a plano convention is coming up in August and I'd like to get as many as we can down there to have a great showing.

4. Go over Trek expo pics and video. We can go over all the fun we had this last weekend.

If there is anything else anyone else would like to bring up we...as usual it's an open floor.

I would also like to make an evening out of it if everyone's interested. Here's what I propose: We schdule the meeting later in the afternoon and after we go to Laser Quest and then the drive in. We can go shoot the hell out of each other then catch a couple of flicks that night. Everyone I talked to really enjoyed going to the drive in on Sat including myself and asked me if we could do it again. This time we may bring the grills :)

2. MysticTrunks01

MysticTrunks01 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2002
    Sounds good to me BDK. I'd love to shoot your sorry Vader butt! MWA HAhhahahahaha

3. Shadoe42

Shadoe42 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 30, 2001
    I vote for someones..plural...this is way too much for one person. Heck it may be to much for two people. But we do need an official city rep to do all the emails to TFN and what not. That person is not necassarily the head of the group Just the TFN rep for the city. We actually have a pretty good setup going and split of duties now but it is nothing official. A lot of stuff goes on behind the scenese that folks don't know about. Phone calls and such to make sure someone is covering the various things. Speaking of which I would like to thank everyone for stepping up after Jake had to step down and getting the things we needed done for Trek Expo. Again I would list folks but I don't want to forget anyone. You know who you are :) Much thanks.
    Now we just need to keep it up.

okay enough rambling from me.

Ed

4. FaceLoran

FaceLoran Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 10, 1999
    Because the meeting is only a week before Kenzi and I have to move, I don't know if we'll be able to make it. Sadly, it sounds like a lot of fun. As far as the official TFN city rep is concerned, Ed has a point about it not having to be the "leader" of the group. The rep. is really just a contact-point for the group and TFN, alerting our RSA, Nabooty_Call, whenever we need to.

5. MysticTrunks01

Apr 25, 2002
    ANyone one of us Me, Ed, Lisa, or Billy (first three where mentioned before, i added Billy because, i dunno, he posted before me?) would make a fine Rep, all that a rep would do is let TFN know what we are doing. Jake just happened to be Rep and LEader. They really don't have to go hand in hand. Everyone say someone you would trust being a rep and we'll have that person be it.

As for the leader ship of TFF we'll just keep doing what we are doing. Kinda a counsel thing. Its worked great so far.

6. Shadoe42

Aug 30, 2001
    I totally agree on the leadership thing. The council works great. Right now we are small enough we don't really have to have an official council BUT...it would be nice. Also something else we need to consider is...how big do we want to get? Right now we have a nice group of folks. The larger this thing gets the more organization and handling it will require. I am not advocating anything just pointing out some stuff I have been thinking about. We have all been doing what we can so far. I doubt this will change.

Although perhaps the load needs to be spread a bit more. Mike1 is spread a little thing as am I. I am sure the rest are as well. Even the size group we have now takes a lot of planning for things like Trek Expo and what not.

Which brings me to my next point. Conestoga. Honestly I am not personally interested in going to this in an official capacity. It is less than a month away at this point and we just finished a whirlwind organization. Really do not want to go right back into that. With Plano, and then Trek Expo/Defcon next year we will have plenty to get ready for. Plano in August I think will even be pushing it depending on what we want to do. I doubt that we can get a booth now although I can look into it if we wanted to. That is going to take an outlay of cash though for hotels and what not beside just con admission.

um..what else..had stuff I wanted to put out to you guys but have forgotten it now heh...oh well I will post it when I remember it.

7. MysticTrunks01

Apr 25, 2002
    Where is Conastoga anyway? If we do go, lets just go as a group, wear our shirts and have fun.

Honestly i'm not even sure about Plano right now. Hotel, food, admission, buying cool crap i don't really need but want anyway.

I have to be honest Trek Expo drained me. So maybe that is why i'm not bright and excited about it yet, maybe a few more weeks i'll understand more.

8. Forceofvader

Aug 15, 2000
    Ed...
    You have a good point about limiting size. I feel that we shouldn't limit ourselves on any level. The more people that we have the more people we will need to organize. Why limit the possibilities?

As far as Conestoga...Ya'll can go. I don't plan on it.

As far as Plano...It's never too late to get a table. Ya know who would be a great contact...GARY...He knows Ben(who runs the shows) very well. He has always organized the tables for us.

9. MysticTrunks01

Apr 25, 2002
    Where is Conestoga?

10. Shadoe42

Aug 30, 2001
    It is in Tulsa. And it is very small. From the webpage looked like mostly gaming stuff. Might be interesting but right now I have no oomph for more Cons hehe

And my point about size of the group is mainly just something everyone should realize. If you think the organization is a little haphazard now...wait till you go from 20 people to 200.... the bigger we get the harder this gets to organize and direct. Not saying we should limit size. Just saying we need to be aware of the facts and the ramifications.

11. JonnyShogun

JonnyShogun Jedi Youngling

Apr 15, 2002
    I wouldn't really worry too much about Conestoga either...it's a high priced hangout convention. The guests are okay, nowhere near the Expo guests. Talked to Jimmy last night (he's running the Magic, I'm running L5R and LOTR), and he said that last year he sat out there and did nothing because none of the card gamers wanted to pay over ten bucks per day to play. It's too expensive to get in (more than trek expo) for not as much.

John

12. talltrees

talltrees Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 14, 2002
    I am going to blow all of you out of the water!!! [face_devil] Everyone who has ever made me mad, has better watch out. :D I have a list if you are wondering. hehehe! I am all for the next meeting ideas. Do we want to include kiddos and spouces? That way maybe more people can attend the meeting. But, I was thinking we should have the meeting around the time Billy and Kenzi's move. That way, we can help them and then take a break and hang out. That is just an idea.

I don't have much desire to do this next expo. I have me sights on the Hot Springs thing and TX. Altough I thought the Plano expo was in Oct.

I think it is a good idea with the leadership ideas. No one person should have to mod. the boards, get all plans finialized and keep track of everyone. I would love to help in any way I can. I know I am the money woman right now, but if I am needed to do more, I'm willing.

13. Forceofvader

Aug 15, 2000
    Yeah I don't have a problem putting the meeting off another week to make sure Billy and Kenzi are able to go. It's up to them. Also I don't have a problem bringing kidos either. I think the idea of the next meeting being a family event is a great idea. Actually I was kind of counting on it. We could have our meeting and then grab the fams and have some fun.

14. FaceLoran

Oct 10, 1999
    So is this meeting set for the 13th or 20th?

And where will it be? Wizards' Asylum? or elsewhere?

15. talltrees

talltrees Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 14, 2002
    Billy, I think we were going to have it on the 20th, so you and Kenzi can attend. AND you will have a good sized group to help move. :D Not that I would vol. anyone, but you know I am in. Give me a call and let me know when and where. :)

16. MysticTrunks01

Apr 25, 2002
    Dena and i are going to help you too. I wonder if there is such a thing as to many people helping to move... hmmm. LOL JK

17. FaceLoran

Oct 10, 1999
    The more the merrier, in my humble opinion. Actually the biggest need is going be a truck. Does anyone have a full-size truck they wouldn't mind driving to Tahlequah and back? We don't have a lot of furniture, but enough. Our move-in date is July 19th, that's 3 weeks from yesterday, folks. We plan to get most, if not all, of our stuff moved that day and the next, Saturday, the 20th. If you're willing and able to help either day let me know, so I can get you directions to Tahlequah, if you've never been, and set up some times to meet at our place.

By the way, if you can't come all the way to Tahlequah, but just want to help unload stuff in Tulsa, that's great too!

18. Forceofvader

Aug 15, 2000
    Billy if we held off the meeting till the 20th could you attend??

BTW I will help out in any way I can. We may be able to talk Barry into driving his truck down. You'll have to pay for gas though.

19. FaceLoran

Oct 10, 1999
    Gas is no problem. As for the 20th, we'd definitely be able to make a meeting that day.

20. WidowFaerie

WidowFaerie Jedi Youngling

Jun 29, 2002
    Hey I know that you don't know me but I met you at the Trek Expo I was at the table across from your booth. Conastoga is at the Sherdon Hotel the third weekend of July. Also I am a Comittee member for Contact that is in Oct. and we wanted to know if you wanted to go. It is a new Scfi-Fantasy convention. I didn't know who to get in contact with so I just thought I would leave a message here and if someone could email me at widowfaerie@aol.com then I can let the others know if you are intrested... And you should go to conastoga they to a star wars thing every year that is horrible and someone should show them what real costumes are cause you all have it topped they are absolutely beautiful.
    WidowFaerie

21. Forceofvader

Aug 15, 2000
    Hello Widow,
    Thanks for the invite to conestoga but as a group I don't think we'll be planning on it. It's too soon for us after Trek Expo. Now Contact on the other hand is a possibility. We haven't talked about it as a group but that was one of the things I was planning on bringing up at our next meeting. I tried contacting someone about it today but didn't get anywhere. I figured I would wait till during the week. I would love to talk with you about it somemore. I'll contact you via email about more info. Thanks

Mike AKA BDK

22. Forceofvader

Aug 15, 2000
    Alright it's settled then. We will have our meeting on the 20th at 4:00. After the meeting we can go to Laserquest, grab a cheap dinner somewhere and then hit the drive in to top off the evening. We'll have more details for everyone later.

Mike

23. pinata242

pinata242 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2002
    Sah-weet. I can't wait open up the lasers on a couple of you. Use this as a warm-up to some paintball action. Does laserquest take reservations on saturday nights? I'd be worried about not being able to get in.

24. QueenOverVader

QueenOverVader Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 2002
    Paintball Paintball Paintball!!!!

I'll check on reservations.

25. MysticTrunks01

Apr 25, 2002
    Reservations won't hurt, but also i don't think we'll have to worry about getting in, they run game every 15-30 minutes or something close. But i can't wait to put a lazer through all of you.. MWAHAHAHAHAHahhahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.