main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA Next Meeting?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Sith_241, Apr 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sith_241

Sith_241 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2001
    When is our next meeting? i cant remember!

Edit: Locked per request of members

2. AnakinWisler

AnakinWisler Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2002
    This will be your guys' third meeting so I congratulate you guys...you're almost official! ;) :D

This means that you guys will be electing "offices" and officers. I would highly like to recommend that Dan aka Sith_241 be considered for the position of CR. :cool: It seems to me that he has done the most out of any of the rest of the IE members to make this club as "good" as it currently is. I understand that I am not at all part of your club so you guys probably don't give a care for what I have to say, but I have been to all of your guys' meetings (desert/movie marathon) and Dan seems to have taken charge and the position of LEADERSHIP not only there, but also on the boards. Of course, this is just my opinion, but it would be most wise of you to reconsider your LEADER. He seems to be the most "mature" of the group. :)

3. tk-7603

tk-7603 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 9, 2003
    I herby endorce Dan Norgan as CR for the IE fan Force!

As the only member of the jedi council, i say (waves his hands around) dan norgan will be CR.

4. Padme_Anakin_Fan

Padme_Anakin_Fan Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 22, 2003
    I agree. :) Dan has demonstrated the most leadership on the forums. He has organized many of the meeting agendas. He should not be rewarded by being made secretary, but he should be Inland Empire?s City Representative.

Dan Norgan for IE CR!!!

5. Anakin_Skywalker_X

Anakin_Skywalker_X Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 9, 2002
    OK! Here we go! I could just wait for Anyone of are ?real? Members to come on to this thread and bark there augment in my defense, but I really don?t think anyone knows what I have been doing for this club better then my self (well and of course my right hand) Before you stared make suggestions and comments like that, Wisler, you should probly get your facts straight! (First I want to say Dan this is not a personal attack towards you I just have defend all that I have done)

First off, do you even know who started the club?

Secant movie marathon: If you want, maybe you should go back to the posts and see who really brought all that on anyway. I (being Brandon) saw that SDSWS (yeah lets not for get were my roots came from..SD) had this movie marathon the weekend (right before I had asked Linda if she would create an Inland Empire Fan Force board for me) I was so sad that I missed it, that I ask if SD can do it again but with all 5 movies! Then everyone jump in and said ?hell yeah!?

Third The Desert Trip: I herd (again being me and no one alts) that SD was planning on going to this desert because Linda told me about it the scent I started the IE borders up. I then (after personally rounding up anyone I knew that like Star Wars to check out the new IE boards) Went out and played for a tent 250$ that could accommodate most of if not all of the new IE members. Then, with the help of Court, Organized peoples rides, food, and a place to sleep the night before the trip (i.e. Carl?s house and took care of food that night by buying pizza for everyone) and at the desert made sure we all had lots of water (not just water but Fiji water! Yeeaaa!) And Planed the Laser Tag event the night before.

Fourth The IMAX trip: For the first time in a long time, I had not check the SD boards for a while (one because I was in the middle of mid terms and two that was the job I had asked Dan to do, sense he is on the borders constantly) so unfortunately the IE never herd about the IMAX trip. So at the last minuet I had to thro together a privet trip for the IE to go watch the EP2 on IMAX, although I would have once again love to have gone with SD, because, you know the more the merrier.

Fifth ask each and every Star Wars fan that is on here ?who brought you to these borders??
    And see how many say: Dan and how many say: Brandon. I have personally walked around everywhere trying and found SW fans (and so has Court, who well be my vice president if I am elected) to my knowledge Dan has only brought in his sister (who is awesome!! And actually is worth like 5 members ;) ) but still, again I am really trying to not make this a personal attack because I like Dan allot ?he?s a good friend? But I am very angered that some people seem to think that just because someone is on the force.net almost every secant of ever day is more qualified to run a club/Fan Force, as a oppose to some one has "been" running ever sense the being. But I just had to say this, now I am done and we well do this the far way, and the way it is suppose to be done? with a vote at the third meeting.

Witch, in case you have not noticed, the last three people who just posted will not be attending, So maybe its time we here from ?real? Inland Empire Fan Force members that have actually seen what Dan has done and what I have done, and not people that have NO idea what?s going on in are club except for what they read.

6. AnakinWisler

Aug 7, 2002
    Brandon, you're absolutely correct. :) YOU have recruited almost all of the I.E. members. Good Job! :D And it seems that you have spent a lot of your own money to finance some events. I'm sure you can buy your position. :)

EDIT: spelling and grammer

7. OddeBogodde

OddeBogodde Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 24, 2002
    Before we found out that we had to wait three meetings to elect our officials, we all did a "mock" election, Dan was voted in as Secretary I belive? Its nothing official, but Dan's our guy to get things together.

Brandon, calm down, I know you're angry but try to remember that anger leads to the darkside and none of these guys were trying to make a personal attack against you. I'm not too sure of their reasoning behind choosing Dan, but it doesn't matter, they are not IE. Padme Anakin Fan hasn't ever met him.

I will agree that Brandon was the one who started the IE, he was the one who has gone out to find new members, he is the one who has planned every event that we have been to. Dan is the man, still, he makes sure that we dont miss anything that is going on with the SD crew, he also starts the threads on what we discussed in each meeting. Dan is instrumental to the IE, and I GUARANTY he will have an official office. But Brandon is out leader, through, and through.

8. AnakinWisler

Aug 7, 2002
    I agree with the fact that PAF's "vote" really shouldn't count due to the lack of her attendance at events. You're a nice person and all, but if you attend events and meetings, your voiced opinion will be taken more to heart. :)

9. Sith_241

May 23, 2001
    OK, the way i see this, is the nobody id challenging your position as Supreme Chancellor if IE Brandon. What they are pushing for is me being City Rep, which as i understand it is the person who moderates the IE board and is generally in contact with FF and other FF chapters. That is not the same as Me (dan) being president. I personally dont want to be president, im fine with being secretary, but as some have said, CR requires a person who is on often.
    To the others: is this what you are trying to accomplish or do i read you wrong? Im ok with being CR but id rather not be Chancellor. So really Brandon they are not attacking you, and niether am i, i think what they are trying to get across is that perhaps the IE needs a CR that is on just a bit more.

10. Sith_241

May 23, 2001
    But back to ymactual reason for starting this thread, as i understand it, the meeting is the weekend of the 19-20th. Which day is it going to be on? Which is better for everyone?

Also, if need be, ill be Vice CR if brandon still really wants to be CR.

11. Rogue_Granger

Rogue_Granger Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2003
    To Dan's question....Any day would be fine! and as far as the whole...debate thingy...I agree with Brandon. I think it's ignorant of people to pass judgement when they aren't aware of the work that has gone into this club...one of the reasons Brandon hasn't been on as much is because we are trying to recruit new members( I should know I've been helping)...we have been busy posting things on campus and talking to people about the club. Don't get me wrong...I love Dan, however I think there is more to being Chancellor than posting(I know that wasn't really the debate anymore, but I had to throw my two cents in)I personally, think Dan should be Vice-CR....
    Okay I'm finished now ;)

12. Sith_241

May 23, 2001
    CR/Vice CR....it doesnt really matter, but if i were one it would be ALOT easier for me to organise here....and dont worry, i dont want to be chancellor, its fine if brandon does that.

13. Padme_Anakin_Fan

Padme_Anakin_Fan Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 22, 2003
    Carl is correct that I have not met Dan in person. Actually, I haven't "officially" met any of you, as I too have a busy school schedule. All I am saying is, from my online perspective, Dan has shown the most and best leadership of the boards. :) This is not a personal attack towards Brandon or anyone else. Brandon is a very nice and sweet boy. This is just what I have observed. I have never seen Dan post anything vulgar, obscene, or use any form of bad language on the boards. I think that Dan would be the better representative of your city over Brandon.

I just have defend all that I have done

A true leader does not seek self-glorification

But I am very angered that some people seem to think that just because someone is on the force.net almost every secant of ever day is more qualified to run a club/Fan Force

I agree. But it takes a lot of work to be a CR. More work then I would EVER want to devote to a message board. The CR's do a great job and give much of their own time towards it. Prehaps then it would be better to let someone else who has more time on their hands take care of the job? :)

14. Anakin_Skywalker_X

Sep 9, 2002
    Like I said "Real" Inland Empire Members. [face_plain]
    And besides I agree that Dan should be Vice CR if it is at all possible to have two CR becaues I was not aware that you could have more than one, but if we can I say HELL YES FOR DAN VICE CR!!!! :)

15. Rogue_Granger

Mar 10, 2003
    I wasn't going to say anything...however, my big mouth won't stay shut....
    PAF~ "All I am saying is, from my online perspective, Dan has shown the most and best leadership of the boards" All you have is your perspective...which is incomplete at best.
    Dan is doing a wonderful job of the duties that he was given...namely posting what goes on with the meeting agendas...(I'd invite everyone to go look at the first meeting agenda...I was the one to post it...)
    However....Brandon should be given the title and powers of the CR. Yes, Dan has posted the second meeting agenda(per his duties as secretary). Dan SHOULD be given vice-CR status, it at all possible. But I think Brandon should be given CR. After all what good is the postion if you can't enjoy the powers....

16. AnakinWisler

Aug 7, 2002
    Like I said "Real" Inland Empire Members

Yes, I too would love to hear from "real" IE members. But only 1 other member has posted in your favor. I don't know why...maybe they don't agree. :)

Board presence is one thing. Dan displays that without any argument. However, he also displays an unparalleled quality of keeping on SW topic. This is a SW FF forum, and SW related discussion should prevail. Unfortunately, I don't see that with the current people in office. I see a mostly recreational personalized chat forum dedicated to a bunch of friends catching up on worthless trivial crap that they didn't talk about during their schoolday breaks.

And just because we who have posted in favor of Dan being CR are not in the IE, which has been thrown in their faces so well ;), is all the more reason to listen. As that is the image that has been put forward to the outside. One of ineptitude by the current "leadership." :D

However....Brandon should be given the title and powers of the CR.

Um...stating your reasoning to coming to this decision would be a good idea. ;)

All you have is your perspective...which is incomplete at best.

True. We ALL have our own perspectives. When I joined the SD FF there was absolutely nothing that would violate the TOS. It is a family friendly place to gather and discuss STAR WARS! So I attended their meetings and events and found them to be a great group of people. I am fortunante to live in SD and be apart of their club. If I lived in the IE, I would have been totally turned away from Fan Force, mainly by the contents of your group. :)

17. tk-7603

tk-7603 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 9, 2003
    sometimes its really hard to belive that my dad is a youngling! jeez! He sure doesnt act like it! :D

18. Sith_241

May 23, 2001
    ok, so our next meeting will be April 20th.

19. Rogue_Granger

Mar 10, 2003
    Okay guys....
    My reasons for Brandon being CR(besides the fact that he deserves it...) is simply this. I think that he is a "Natural leader". He has organized this up from nothing, and has done a damn good job of it. I'm sorry that you think our threads are so frivilous....however, in the Harry Potter thread(the site of another infamous battle)we discussed how Star Wars pertained to HP. What other things are there? I promise to hereby stay "on topic". I am sorry. It however also seems that there are those of you from the SD boards that have participated in these conversations....
    And by the way Wisler... He didn't need to "buy" members...people naturally respond to him.

The stuff that you are refering to hasn't happened in a very long while.(IE off-topic)

Oh....and since this thread has to do with the DATE of the next meeting, I believe that one shouldn't throw stones when one lives in glass houses! (have you noticed that this is a little off-topic?)

Okay I'm finished now....

20. Genvieve-Weasley

Genvieve-Weasley Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 24, 2003
    Thank you Brandon for being such an excellent leader! You truly are the one with the ideas.. you are a natural leader! I know you should be given CR powers :). I do appreciate what Dan has done, but what he has done was post things that you bring up. Dan is making an awesome secretary but Brandon is the reason that there is an IE fan force and plans our trips and our book of the month club. Brandon has close contacts with most of the IE members and can find out our thoughts on a regular basis. well our next meeting we will probably be discussing elections, but my vote will be for Brandon, and I'm sorry Wisler that i couldnt support brandon sooner! Though when i heard of any questions in brandons leadership I had things to say.. Thanks the Jawa has spoke her mind :)

21. TDMRHDSpeeder

TDMRHDSpeeder Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 10, 2003
    I am a REAL IE member and I say Brandon for CR. He's the one that got me and many other people into the club. I have always loved Star Wars but probable would of never joined a SW club if it wasn't for Brandon.

22. Anakin_Skywalker_X

Sep 9, 2002
    I really don?t understand why you are taking these cheap shots at me Wisler, and over a topic that don?t even concern nor affect you. I consider you a good friend and some one who I look forward to seeing every time I go back to visit the SDSWS. And I am taking these low blows, pretty personally.

?Forum dedicated to a bunch of friends catching up on worthless trivial crap that they didn't talk about during their school day breaks.?

Your absolutely right Wisler, we are a bunch of friends. That was the point if I recall of making a fan force. Its not like I have know them for years, I just moved here remember? Y do you think they are my friends? Could it be because they like Star War too? Most of them consist of people in my Drama class but come on. I know you want to be an Actor and or Director Right? Tell me a Drama class or a film class that you couldn?t find a Star Wars fan in? All most anyone that?s trying to be in that biz loves Star Wars am I right? So just because I have personally taken people to our school library and walked them through the process of becoming a Fan Force member, doesn?t mean that they are less qualified to be A Star Wars fan and post here. The more the merrier! And if I hadn?t done this the only members right now would be me and Dan AND THAT?S IT!!!!

Anyway ?this bickering is pointless? I have already said that I would love to have Dan be Co-CR but even if I wanted Dan to Have the CR position I couldn?t because he is leaving for San Luis Obispo in like 4 months so it would be pointless. But once he gets up there I will expect to see a San Luis Obispo Fan Force with in like?three days ;)

23. Sith_241

May 23, 2001
    actually your right....ive already found enough members up there to start one....and dont worry guys, ill still be a member of IE, ill be back at least 1 time a month so ill still be Vice CR, cause ill still be on the boards. Anyway, im fine with Vice Cr!

24. falcon_flyboy

falcon_flyboy Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 3, 2003
    now its time for my two cents.
    all though this dicution is allmost spent, there is still one thing i would like to know; why are members of the SDFF geting invoved in the governmental workings of the IEFF. I realise that we are ment to be a large community of SW fans, but there is a reason the fan forces are split up like thay are.
    as for me, my vote has been for brandon from the begining.

25. Sith_241

May 23, 2001
    seeing as this thread just seems to be putting our 2 FF chapters at odds and maybe huring some some feelings, im going to have it closed. So then we can all still be friends....And if your flamed someone, just apologize and move on guys...it all about SW, not petty crap like this!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.