main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mary Next Meeting

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Mogook, Nov 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    Isbeth has expressed concern that we haven't had a meeting in a while. So I think we should open discussion for our next meeting.

Remember, official fanforce meetings should be in Maryland. But get-togethers don't necessarily have to be.

2. Isbeth

Isbeth Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    Thanks for posting this, Mogook. We have not met since September and saying good-bye to DRK_HMLT. What with Christmas coming up, maybe a January meeting can help get rid of the post Chrismas blahs, except the weather in January is usually awful. :( We could have a bad weather date. :) And March we will be two years old. [face_shocked]

3. yaddel

yaddel Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2002
    We could try to have a mini Holiday Party, or is everyone too busy? At my house everyone has been sick for a month, guess thats what happens when a 2 year old starts school :(

4. TehJon-Outcast_GOD

TehJon-Outcast_GOD Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 22, 2003
    Mini-holiday party sounds nice, but it would be hard for me to do it on a weekend.

*sigh*

Blasted job. :p

»Who dares wins«

5. yaddel

May 19, 2002
    I could do a weekday, but I'm sure the rest of your have work during the week. Where would we have our little party? I guess space is always the issue, I wish there was more free space available, did we ever end up meeting at the library? They usually have good space, and its free :)

6. Isbeth

Aug 28, 2001
    See related post, here. We need to invigorate Maryland Fan Force. Plan a fun get together plenty of time in advance and start bonding and making new aquaintances prior to the next movie coming out. discuss books and Clone Wars cartoons.

7. DRK_HLMT

DRK_HLMT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    Boa Tarde everyone! That's good evening in Portuguese. Yep, I'm here and finally got my DSL hooked up. Yeah, they have DSL on the Island can you believe it! Well, I'm stationed on Terceira and it is Sooooo beautiful here! I walk out my back door and BLAM! There's the ocean. Of course I can't swim from where I am cause it's a big cliff. But they have a beach down in Praia.

So how is everything in Maryland? I saw that it's starting to get cool there. I think the high here was about 68 degrees.

I haven't met up with many hardcore Star Wars fans yet, but I'm pretty sure I'll find em once I start talking about the fan clubs in the U.S.

Well, I'm back now so you guys might see me popping in from time to time. And thanks for the going away party. I'm glad to have been able to get together with you guys one last time before I left.

Well take care all!

8. Isbeth

Aug 28, 2001
    Great to hear from you, DRK_HMLT. Give Terry and Brandon and Trevor a hug for me. Whatya do for Thanksgiving? Bar-b-que a turkey? Was just thinking of you today and wondering how you are. Do you get Clone Wars down there? Will you have to wait longer to see EPIII? The Azores sure beats an assignment in Iraq, I dare say. :D

9. yaddel

May 19, 2002
    Do you think the lack of meetings is due to the fact that we don't have a good place to meet? I know for me, it can be hard to drag a 2 year old to any place there is food, she wants to eat for about 5 min, then she wants to run around and explore and bother people, thus I don't get any meeting time, just running around a lot. I find that meetings go much better for us when there is no way for her to get hurt or lost, thus a library meeting room, or something like that. I can offer up my home as a meeting place, but I was not sure that was considered safe. Anyway, I would love to get to actually know you all in person :)

10. mon-mothma

mon-mothma Jedi Master star 2

Mar 7, 2002
    Hey DRK_HLMT, good to hear from you! Tonight it's going to be about 25 degrees here in The Land of Pleasant Living. Doesn't sound much like where you are, that's for sure. Do you get to catch any South Park down there? We're still waiting to see the LOTR episode. Speaking of LOTR, we've got our December 17th opening day tickets and are counting the hours until Return of the King. From everything I've read it looks like this one will be the crowning glory of the trilogy...no pun intended. Anyway, good to hear from you and happy holidays to you and yours!

mon-mothma

11. Isbeth

Aug 28, 2001
    Mon Mothma, I am by no stretch of the imagination a LOTR fan, but enjoyed reading the Dec. 29th. issue of Newsweek in the library to learn of the movie. I will be interested in hearing what you real fans have to say about the film and am hoping someone will suggest going to see it. It seemed to help last time going with all of you who seem to be really into it, so I had someone there to ask questions about it.

12. DRK_HLMT

DRK_HLMT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    We only have one theater over here so it might be a while before they show LOTR RotK. They haven't even showed Matrix Revolutions yet Arghh! But they said it will be here next week. They are pretty good about showing the latest movies. They are just a little behind from the U.S. Plus its right up the street from my house! I can just walk there when I want to go see a movie. Yeah, it's not as nice as the Muvico (no stadium seats) but it does the job.

13. mon-mothma

mon-mothma Jedi Master star 2

Mar 7, 2002
    I think that a meeting somewhat like the Two Towers meeting last year would be a great idea. If we got together for lunch at our classic Wendy's and then went over for Return of the King, it would be pretty cool and would be a good way to get a movie in to talk about while waiting for Episode III.

A thought? Anyone?

Son of M.M. and M.M.

14. Yodadoesyoga

Yodadoesyoga Jedi Youngling

Dec 17, 2003
    hey...new member here...just wanted to elt you know im very interested in attending....most of my friends are sick of hearing me rant and rave over Episode III and the CLone Wars cartooon. Im probably the only fan here who has watched Phantom Menace about 50 times in the past two months. Im not kidding though maybe slightly exaggerating, but not by much. Oh yeah, anyone close to Baltimore?

15. yaddel

May 19, 2002
    Hi Yodadoesyoga, and welcome! I live in Columbia, I know lots of us live in central maryland, so not far from Baltimore! Hopefully we will be able to meet again soon :)

16. Fipe_Naz-mero

Fipe_Naz-mero Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 4, 2002
    Hello everyone:
    Its good to hear that things are moving on again. I really would like to go to a meeting again. Since the major factor for me is my military duty, I have to plan ahead to ensure that I can attend. So far I wanted to suggest January 3rd, but I thought that maybe a lot of people might be recovering from New Years. Then I thought about the 10th, but duty calls. So, that leaves 17th, 24th and 31st. As for a place I'm not good at finding places near Baltimore area... unless people decide to take a trip to Southern MD. But that was just a crazy idea. But, maybe we could try it for summer time, less scary to drive due to weather.

DRK_HLMT I want to say sorry I couldn't be there to say good-bye to you. But you are remembered always. I hope you have a better and brighter year this New Year.

For those of you who ware interested in creating Star Wars replicas, you should look into this: R2D2 . It's a website that tells you how to create your own R2D2 unit.... is awesome. I know, I know, it looks expensive, but I'm considering it.

Well, I hope everything is going excellent for each and everyone of you. Happy holidays and Happy New Year. Merry Christmas.

May the Force be with you... always.
    Fipe Naz-Mero, JK
    USA-NE REGION
    MARYLAND FAN FORCE COUNCIL FORUM
    CALIFORNIA MD

17. Jercen

Jercen Jedi Youngling

Dec 18, 2003
    Hello all. New to this but love Star Wars and am looking for others who do.

18. Isbeth

Aug 28, 2001
    Looks like it is time to meet agian. Whatya say Mogook? :confused: Meet the new folks.

19. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Yeah, we may have to find a time to meet to let the new members introduce themselves and meet some of the members here.

20. Isbeth

Aug 28, 2001
    I will be going to spend Christmas in Ancaster and Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. While there, I will try and get to the Young Jedi Niagara party. Go here to read about it. Why couldn't we have done something like that? :confused: We could have collected Star Wars Toys to give to "Toys for Tots" or something and get some press in The Baltimore Sun. Anyway, he's hoping we can finally get our act together for the new year. It is discouraging to hear of all the great things other groups do and we sit here and languish. :( Mogook, you need to pull it together, or if not, pass along being City Rep to someone who can unite us and meet more regularly.

21. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    I think collecting toys for Toys for Tots would have been a great idea.

And as for meeting more, a lot of the interest has dwindled. Only now is it starting to pick up a little. I think if we can guarantee a good attendance, then a meeting would be worthwhile for everyone.

22. Jercen

Jercen Jedi Youngling

Dec 18, 2003
    I will assure that I will make the meeting if you see it up Mogook.

23. Isbeth

Aug 28, 2001
    You know folks, I just checked the old threads and Feb. 9th. will be our two year anniversary of our first ever meeting. This is only a day away from the Feb. 8th. Tim Zahn thingy at Borders in Frederick, MD. Wouldn't it be nice if we could get together and have dinner afterwards at either Pargo's or Olive Tree or Golden Griddle or one of the restaurants around there? This is only one hour away from me. Anybody gonna be there? I am so envious of other fan forces that have an active group and lots of members, especially after the fun time at the Young Jedi Niagara get together in Ontario. Feb. 8th. in Alexandria would be cool too. Please don't let our Fan Force die!

24. yaddel

May 19, 2002
    I know it is really hard to find space to have meetings, where do other groups meet? I could come way more often if we were not meeting in a mall or place to eat, I have to bring my 2 year old and she would just go nuts, if it was a library, or other conference type room, I could bring along some toys and she would be fine. What kind of activities do other groups plan together anyway? I'm just curious :) Thanks!

25. Isbeth

Aug 28, 2001
    I went to the "Young Jedi Niagara" Christmas party in Thorold, Ontario where I met some of the folks from the group in Buffalo, New York, my old home town. They took part in the Santa Claus Parade in Toronto and just did an activity at the Niagara University basketball game. They sold pictures at the game as a fund raiser. The party was held in someone's home. The basement was filled with lifesize SW figures on the wall and we had a gift exchange and watched the holiday special and shmoozed. Here are pictures of their past events. Here are links for the "Calendar of Events" for Young Jedi Niagara. Here is info on the "Toronto Long Line" group which was also in attendance at the party. And this is me hiding behind an ewok at the Christmas party. :D It is so sad we don't plan fun events like this. :( If we had fun events like this people would come. Wish I could get folks to come to the planetarium. Too bad no body is coming up to see Zahn at Borders or Olssens, first weekend in February.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.