main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mary Next Meeting

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Mogook, Nov 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yaddel

yaddel Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2002
    well for the Tim Zahn thing I think the 501st might be there, so that would be cool! Thanks for the pics, you know I would be happy to host a meeting at my house if people want to come, we have a great Star Wars room, well all the stuff is packed right now because we are painting, but I'm sure we could get it done in time for a meeting/party :) I thought, however, I read something on this board about people not wanting to go to other peoples houses. Anyway, having meetings at peoples houses would rock, I could bring my baby along then :) Events and Parties do sound like fun, thats why I had suggested the picnic and the halloween party about a year ago. Anyway, I'm up for whatever you guys are!

2. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    There's nothing wrong with meeting at someone's house. It's frowned upon at first because the group is new and there's not as much familiarity between the members. The only issue may be getting new members to go since they haven't been to previous meetings and met any of the members.

3. Isbeth

Isbeth Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    Look here Galactic Senate thrives while we flounder. Members such as Mutt jumped ship and can we blame him as they do more things than we do. We never established a way to elect officers or establish dues. Part of that reason is we don't do anything. Mogook says there is no interest, I say that people don't want to join a group that does nothing. How do we plan on serviving the non-movie years if we can't hold interest. I have no problem hosting meetings in my apartment or at the planetarium, but people don't wish to drive here. I say set up a calendar for the rest of the year. Do fun things, go bowling, see a movie, play games, do laser tag (How often have we tried to get that together?) go shopping for action figures. Set up a schedule, do the event, promote it weeks in advance and just hold it and be there even if no body comes. That's what we did for my birthday planetarium get together. Only DRK_HMLT and family came, but we had fun.

4. yaddel

May 19, 2002
    Well I am off to Disney this week, but I will happily volunteer my house for the next meeting/party to celebrate the 2 year mark :) Ofcourse my house is small and I can't have any small kids over, mine tends to get sick really easily, sorry about that, but otherwise it would be fun to get together, and we could even have food!

5. Takwolf

Takwolf Jedi Master star 2

May 9, 2002
    Yaddel
    How was Disney?

Tak

6. yaddel

May 19, 2002
    It was great, we had fun shopping at the Star Wars store too, ofcourse we spent way too much money :) If you get a chance you should go to the Star Wars weekends, I hear they are a blast!

7. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    Are you talking about the Star Wars Shop in MGM with the Star Tours ride? Or is there another Star Wars shop?

8. CodeName_Targeter

CodeName_Targeter Jedi Master star 5

Nov 7, 2003
    Hello to all! It finally connected in my brain after running into the first SW fan I've met in person for years that's not family that there's actually other SW fans in this state and that maybe I should say hello.
    But anyways, I'm located about 2 1/2 hours from Baltimore just south of the Delaware border and I don't exactly have a way to get very far from here for another two years, but anyways, I'm babbling again, so before I make more of an idiot out of myself than usual, I'll just shut up by saying that I'd be interested in meeting other SW fans in Maryland if I can get the chance.

:Targeter:

9. saerah

saerah Jedi Grand Master star 7

May 13, 1999
    Perhaps I can get to a meeting this summer...I'm located up at Deep Creek Lake.

10. KnightThomas

KnightThomas Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 31, 2004
    Hey guys! I'd be willing to join up! I've been a Star Wars loner for a pretty long time lol. Most of the freaks I know are into anime and stuff like that, so no one understands my need to dress up like a Jedi lol.

I'm not a newb with cons though, I was at the recent Balticon and going to Otakon tomorrow again. So I'd just like to know how I can get involved!

11. saerah

May 13, 1999
    No meeting anytime soon?

12. Eva_Pilot04

Eva_Pilot04 Jedi Knight star 7

Nov 15, 2001
    Heh. It's been a while since there was a meeting, saerah. I think the last time we had one was before our good buddy moved to the Azores. :p

»Who dares wins«

13. DARTHIG88

DARTHIG88 Jedi Master

Mar 28, 2002
    I`m up for it!!!!!

Sorry I havent been here for sometime, got alot of stuff on the plate so to speak [ band job family ]
    I`ve started to loosen the grip on somethings to free up sometime..

I`ll keep checking back to see what we all come up with...

Hey Helmet your so far away now we can`t see you playing with your dolls hehehe

14. Isbeth

Aug 28, 2001
    Hey, I am up for it even if Mogook isn't. I wanna do a SW thingy at the planetarium on Sept. 25th. with the 501st. hanging out. But you would have to come to West Virginia to attend. Am thinking of having folks over for a game night in November sometime. Anybody interested? We could discuss our movie plans.

15. saerah

May 13, 1999
    I was looking to do a meeting before winter arrives...I'm sure you all know how rough Garrett County can get.

16. F16WarBird

F16WarBird Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    Howdy gang!

Joe from the fledgling Philly FF checking in. I just wanted to say Hi. Hi!

As a member of a new FF, I would really like to take I trip down I-95 and visit my southern neighbors. Would anyone object if myself or other members of Philly visit you at your meeting?

Joe

17. Eva_Pilot04

Nov 15, 2001
    Not at all. You'd be quite welcome... assuming we could ever manage to organize another one. Hell, you'd probably outnumber us. :p

»Who dares wins«

18. F16WarBird

Aug 5, 2004
    LOL! Things are tough all over my friend.

I guess it's illegal in MD to advertise free beer at a meeting. We're kinda stuck with that law too. lol

19. Eva_Pilot04

Nov 15, 2001
    We'd welcome the free beer too. :p ;)

»Who dares wins«

20. Isbeth

Aug 28, 2001
    I am for the committe to free beer. :D I think it is criminal to keep it captive. [face_devil] Let's liberate it!

21. F16WarBird

Aug 5, 2004
    Well, have your executive council organize the meeting and maybe I'll bring a few "friends". ;)

22. Eva_Pilot04

Nov 15, 2001
    w00t!!!

*cough*bring guiness*cough*

;)

»Who dares wins«

23. F16WarBird

Aug 5, 2004
    You can get that anywhere. I would bring some Philadelphia natives with me (Victory, Stoudt's, Flying Fish, Independence). Just don't ask me for cheese steaks, soft pretzels or hoagies. And no, I don't start my sentences of with "Yo!". LOL!

24. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    So, what's going on with the next meeting? I'm in Annapolis, wondering if I might be able to make it.

25. saerah

May 13, 1999
    There doesn't seem to be a next meeting ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.