Mary Next Meeting

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Mogook, Nov 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus

star 6
  2. saerah Chosen One

star 7
    I was hoping for one before winter gets here.
  3. Isbeth Force Ghost

star 4
    Open house at the planetarium with the 501st. on Sat. September 25th. 1-4 p. m.
  4. saerah Chosen One

star 7
    Where is the planetarium?
  5. Takwolf Jedi Knight

star 2
    Is it the one in downtown Baltimore?

Tak
  6. Isbeth Force Ghost

star 4
    No it is in the high school I teach in Hedgesville, WV. Go to our website here. Click on the planetarium sidebar. Open house is from 1-4 p. m. on Saturday, September 25th. The Tri-State Astronomers and the Shenandoah Astronomical Society will be manning telescopes to safely view the sun and the 501st Carida Garrison and Old Line Garrison will provide security. We are 90 minutes from Washington, DC and Baltimore, MD.
  7. saerah Chosen One

star 7
    I think that is about 2 hours or so from where I am at. I take Route 50 down through Hampshire County when I go down to Dulles..I think that is around the Rte 50 area?
  8. Isbeth Force Ghost

star 4
    It is off of I-81, take I-70 and go south on I-81 to the 16W exit to Berkeley Springs. It is on Rt. 9 in the high school on the right after the James Rumsey Vo-Tech School. It is about 15 minutes from I-70's I-81 exit.
  9. saerah Chosen One

star 7
    Ahh, okay. So that would be about 2 hours 15 minutes from me since it takes 2 hours to get to Hagerstown.

I wish I lived closer to Balto/Washington!
  10. saerah Chosen One

star 7
    Can there be a meeting in, say, Hagerstown? I really want to get to a MF meeting after all this time, but the winter will be here soon in Garrett County. I don't travel too much during the winter.
  11. F16WarBird Jedi Youngling

star 4
    When is your next meeting?
  12. saerah Chosen One

star 7
    We don't have a meeting scheduled.
  13. Jedi_Insurance_Guy Force Ghost

star 5
    When would everyone like to have a meeting?
  14. saerah Chosen One

star 7
    I'm all for it--but as winter gets nearer, the weather gets worse up here and limits my ability to travel.
  15. Jedi_Insurance_Guy Force Ghost

star 5
    Stop making excuses saerah. :p

j/k. I guess the snow doesn't bother me as much. I have a 4x4, and I'm really good at driving in the snow, so I could care less.

Ice is the only thing that bothers me, but that just means a person has to be extra careful when driving.
  16. saerah Chosen One

star 7
    I have a 4x4, but that's no better on ice for the most part.

You've never seen a rough winter up here, have you? :p
  17. Jedi_Insurance_Guy Force Ghost

star 5
    Actually, saerah, I have. I also been in some pretty nasty blizzards in various parts of maryland (the type where you get 2+ feet in the course of one day), and I drove to Michigan from the Eastern Shore in a bad ice storm for thanksgiving years ago.

And I know 4x4 doesn't help with ice. What DOES help with ice is having a father who taught you how to drive on icy roads when you were 15 years old in a manually tranny 1991 Isuzu Trooper.
  18. saerah Chosen One

star 7
    I can do ice, i just don't like to risk my life too often :p
  19. Jedi_Insurance_Guy Force Ghost

star 5
    Wuss. :p

j/k.....man, I would love to have a meeting in OC during the winter. All those great bars/clubs with NO TOURISTS, cheap hotel rooms, etc.....
  20. Isbeth Force Ghost

star 4
    Having lived in Buffalo, NY for 25 years. Any kind of snow and ice does not phase me the slightest. It's these other people who have no clue how to drive in it that are scarey. :eek:
  21. CodeName_Targeter Force Ghost

star 5
    Ooo... OC in the winter! I like that idea... plus it's not too far away from me. ;)

:Targeter:
  22. Jedi_Insurance_Guy Force Ghost

star 5
    Isbeth, I couldn't agree with you more!

And Targeter, I like OC in the winter too. So abandoned, yet soooooooo much fun.

I even still go to Northside Park for the Winterfest of Lights and ride the trolley thru the park while sipping hot chocolate.
  23. saerah Chosen One

star 7
    It would take me 6 hours to get to OC :p
  24. F16WarBird Jedi Youngling

star 4
    <perk> OC?

If you guys had a meeting there, I'd have to rent a room. If I rented a room, I'd have to bring more Philly people with me. If I rented a room, had more Philly people with me, and went to your meeting, I believe that would constitute a party in certain states. ;)

That is, if I was allowed to come to your meeting, bring more Philly people, yada, yada, yada.
  25. Jedi_Insurance_Guy Force Ghost

star 5
    A party in OC.....hmmmmm, this gets better with every post.

F16, bring all the Philly people you like! Just make sure they're all hot chicks, and none of them is my ex-girlfriend.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.