main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mary Next Meeting

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Mogook, Nov 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CodeName_Targeter

CodeName_Targeter Jedi Master star 5

Nov 7, 2003
    *shakes head, confused*

So wait... I'm confused... I got lost at the hotel part...

Oh wait. Nevermind. I get it...

So we'd be having a joint FF meeting then? Or seomthing like that...

:Targeter:

2. Jedi_Insurance_Guy

Jedi_Insurance_Guy Jedi Master star 5

Jul 27, 2004
    We're just joking, Targeter. I doubt we'll be having a meeting in OC anytime soon. Too far for most people to travel.

3. CodeName_Targeter

Nov 7, 2003
    Ah, okay, gotcha. Sorry, la brain es not working too well at the time.

4. F16WarBird

F16WarBird Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    Actually, I was serious. We want to come down and visit your FF, attend your meeting, and get to know our neighbors afterwards. :)

5. CodeName_Targeter

Nov 7, 2003
    Ha! So I wasn't that far off... *sticks tongue out at her fellow MD FanForce member*

Like I said before, that would be pretty cool... I usually end up in Philly a great deal for various reasons, usually because the local airport is crap and Philly is the nearest, but anyways...

6. Jedi_Insurance_Guy

Jul 27, 2004
    Wicomic Airport = crap? No way! :p

F16, I know you were serious. What I meant was, I don't think many people would go for the idea of going all the way to OC for a meeting. Me personally, it wouldn't bother me in the slightest. I grew up down there and I go down most weekends. But most of the members live near Baltimore, and some even live out in the far, far, far west.

However, if any of you are ever interested in having a meet in OC, let me know! I'm all for it!

And as for the hotel comment, I would definitely be getting a room. My parents live only 30 minutes away, but I've made the "drunk" drive from OC to Salisbury and Snow Hill before, and it's not likely an experience I'd like to repeat - even in the off season.

7. F16WarBird

F16WarBird Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    Baltimore sounds good. I've always had a good time there. I haven't been down there in quite a few years. The last time I was in MD was to see "Kix" play at Hammerjacks. If you know what I'm talking about, you are officially old, but definately metal. :)

8. CodeName_Targeter

Nov 7, 2003
    J_I_G, this is the Eastern Shore we're talking about here, of course the drive is going to be bad, drunk or sober. ;)

EDIT: Baltimore sounds cool too, I'll probably bribe my aunt and uncle into letting me stay with them by offering to baby-sit.

9. Jedi_Insurance_Guy

Jul 27, 2004
    Baltimore is cool. Lots to do there.

10. saerah

saerah Jedi Grand Master star 7

May 13, 1999
    I'd do OC, but it better be worth the trip :p

11. Jedi_Insurance_Guy

Jul 27, 2004
    I'd do OC, but it better be worth the trip

o_O

12. saerah

May 13, 1999
    It's a six-hour drive :p Same distance as New York City for me ;)

13. Jedi_Insurance_Guy

Jul 27, 2004
    I can't imagine you driving all the way to OC. You didn't even want to drive to Baltimore! :p

14. saerah

May 13, 1999
    Well if it's going to be a good meeting :p

I'd drive to Baltimore if:

(1) I knew where the heck I was going. I know Towson Town Center and part of downtown. Oh yeah, and BWI.

(2) If everyone, or a lot of MD'ers, were to attend.

15. Jedi_Insurance_Guy

Jul 27, 2004
    I agree with you there. How many MD FF'ers are there?

Baltimore isn't that hard to find your way around in. Much easier than Philly or DC, that's for sure.

16. saerah

May 13, 1999
    Still, I don't like going somewhere and not knowing exactly where the heck I am going :p I'm all about the details when it comes to trips.

17. Jedi_Insurance_Guy

Jul 27, 2004
    I know the feeling. When I first started working in Baltimore, I had to use mapquest to find my way to and from work. Now, it's not as bad, and I can get into and out of the city on a number of different routes with ease.

The only problem I can see if we had it "in" Baltimore would be parking (for some). If we had it out in the suburbs, parking wouldn't be as much of a problem.

I would like to know how many "members" there are in the MD FF. Is there so kind of official membership list that someone keeps? Anyone know the answer to that question?

18. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    At this point, it's hard to know any many "members" there are. There was a point that we had several regular posters in this forum.

19. saerah

May 13, 1999
    I'd honestly like to see it revived...I wasn't able to contribute much in the past due to distance, but I'm willing to do a little driving here and there.

20. Padawan915

Padawan915 Jedi Master star 6

Oct 1, 2002
    Myself and Joe (F16) are definitely willing to come down to a Maryland meeting and hangout with our Southern Fan Force copatriots. Don't worry, Philly is here for you, even if you find us a little bizarre in our methods of invading other Fan Forces. ;)

21. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    I'd really like to be able to make it whenever it is sorted out.

Not sure how likely I'll be able to go if its more than an hourish away from Annapolis, though...

22. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    Hopefully some of the older members will start returning. That way, if we do have a meeting, we'll have a large attendance.

23. saerah

May 13, 1999
    We can recruit new members as well.

24. Jedi_Insurance_Guy

Jul 27, 2004
    I think recruiting new members would be a grand idea.

Also, Targeter, I'm sure you probably already knew this as you still live down there and I don't, but the lights are up in Northside Park now, and apparently the first night it was free for everyone, and free hot chocolate for everyone.

Methinks that after a long night of barhopping in OC this coming holiday weekend, I may have to go see the lights.

25. saerah

May 13, 1999
    I'll advertise about this on a couple local boards :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.