1. Attention Guest.

This region will undergo restructuring. For more information regarding this process, please visit this thread

Next Meeting

Discussion in 'Orlando, FL' started by raiza123, Apr 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. raiza123 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Well, since we have so many things going on in May - canoe trip, star wars weekends and the ever hopeful dinner (possibly to be combined with a SW weekend?). We didn't sign up for for our next library day. I have the form to fax, so what date should we put? Something in May -OR- skip it and just choose a later date in June?

Melanie
  2. Ia-Bou Jedi Knight

star 3
    I propose the 19th of June... the dinner being the meeting for May. I would propose the 12th, but Im a flower girl in a wedding.

hows it sound?

3. Ruckus Force Ghost

star 3
    I'd say we should set a poll and vote for the day we want, but Palpatine will just pick whatever day she wants.
  4. JediScout Jedi Master

star 1
  5. Ruckus Force Ghost

star 3
    Sadly... it seems too true. Personal agendas and going against populous wishes on polls and such. Hmm... I suspect she may also be raising a clone army. I always had my doubts. If there had been a better alternative.
  6. MarasBlade Force Ghost

star 1
    I would love to be able to go to a meeting but the 12 and 19 of June I will be out of town.
  7. Ia-Bou Jedi Knight

star 3
    ok how about the 5th of June
  8. Sabacc Jedi Master

star 4
    I have high hopes that this is not the beginning of the end.

I may try to hit MGM on the 6th of June (one weekend day is hard enough to take off) so I can't commit to anytime before the Weekends are over.
  9. jedigirl99 Jedi Knight

Unfortunately on the 5th I have to take my son up to North Georgia Military College for Orientation as he starts this Fall. I propose the next weekend? Or the following because I don't think my husband is going away on military training this June, so it would be pretty much there forward an open month. BTW, I will be at the first SW Weekend on the first Friday for anyone else showing up.

jedigirl99
  10. RogueScribner Force Ghost

star 4
    This is starting to get ridiculous. Ia, if you want to poll people for a meeting date (of any kind, actual Fan Force meetings, or dinners, or whatever), that's fine. Give people a choice between dates and let them have their say. After a week or so of input, make a decision and stick to it no matter what anyone says. It's unfortunate that everybody can't make every meeting or outing, but that's life. All of this flip-flopping of dates is getting out of hand and for some of us it makes it difficult to get the time off. The sooner a date is locked the better for everyone involved.

I'm not trying to start any trouble here, but this current system is too disorganized to be effective.

L8r
  11. Ruckus Force Ghost

star 3
    Perhaps a poll is in order?
  12. siul-fer-nando Jedi Knight

star 2
    im so sorry for not go to the metting last month but i was in Puerto Rico visiting my attachments families and my little padawann lerner.
  13. Ruckus Force Ghost

star 3
    Did you see the chupacabra? I hear its alive and well in Puerto Rico.
  14. Ia-Bou Jedi Knight

star 3
    well if i did pick a date and stick with it.... what has happened in the very old past is that two people show up... we have to start with a date n order to find a date that works. I dont read minds to know the best date to pick
  15. LoboStele Jedi Knight

>> I would propose the 12th, but Im a flower girl in a wedding. <<

Wait....aren't you a little old to be a flower girl?? lol

-Aaron
  16. raiza123 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Maybe she's a flower woman. Geez, he's employeed, has more time on his hands and becomes even more of a smart Alec! Hey A, are you going Saturday?

;)
  17. Ia-Bou Jedi Knight

star 3
    did I write flower girl? ohh... oops :p

hey actually, aaron, david wanted to be a ring barer but chris said he was too old and needed a shower :p
  18. Sabacc Jedi Master

star 4
    Geez, Ia, please stop quoting Bret Easton Ellis.
  19. Pikaroth Force Ghost

star 3
    Wait, wait... what?! It is Stefanie and I that always quote Ellis, the absolute finest author the world has ever seen. I re-read a few of Ia's posts, and I have not seen, by what I remember, a single Ellis quotation, and I've read all his novels, worship them, really.

Very few people are able to quote Ellis; it takes years of practice and study, as well as a dark sense of humor.

Speaking of that... where is his newest novel?! Come on, we want, nay, we need, more!

Brandon
  20. Ia-Bou Jedi Knight

star 3
    ok this is the final descesion:

The next meeting is on June 19th
  21. RogueScribner Force Ghost

star 4
    So who all is going to the meeting? Through sheer luck, I have the day off so I'll be able to attend.

L8r
  22. raiza123 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Most likely I will be attending barring any problems (there is a little drama going on that I hope will be resolved Weds.) Ia I believe is going too. Ia, did you contract the library? If not, where will we meet? :)
    Melanie
  23. Sabacc Jedi Master

star 4
    Sigh. "Signs point to no." Very unlikely that I'll make this meeting. Saturdays are always hard for me, but this directly follows 3 requests for SWW and nearly a week off as my Dad Vader visited till today.

Hope youse guys that do make it have a good time. I suggest eating at a very vegetarian unfriendly establishment so you can get it out of your system by the time I see you again. :D -Campbell
  24. Ia-Bou Jedi Knight

star 3
    I just sent an email to Minica that our meeting is on the 26th of June

sound good?
  25. JediScout Jedi Master

star 1
    That sounds good to me. Gives me a little to to relax after these 5 weekends that I really enjoyed. Thanks.

Dale
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.