main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Madison, WI Next meeting

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by ROGUE_NINER, May 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ToxicNed

ToxicNed Grand Poobah of Madison WI - FF CR star 4

May 2, 2002
    Well, Tuesdays I'll be golfing with the co-workers. Thursdays have me occupied also. As for the 4th, I'm out. Let me know what other times work for you guys, and I will do what I can to show. If it's after work, all the better since I work on the East side.

2. Forcebewitya

Forcebewitya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 7, 2002
    Well good news for me I finally got a call back from Dominos so I have an interview tomorrow. Who knows what will happen after that. Also I will be here this week but the week after that I will be out of town in Indianapolis (hopefully do some scouting before CIII next year :p) no, I really am there for a writing camp at Taylor University. It is only for that week so I will be back for that weekend (not sure of the date is it the fourth?) anyway I still am free. Does anyone know when Rythm and Booms is? I always go to that, usually to sell soda with some friends to make a few bucks, but maybe I could locate you guys there. That or sometime this week would work out maybe Wednesday? Well keep in touch.

Forcebewitya!

3. ROGUE_NINER

ROGUE_NINER Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 2002
    I believe its the 3rd of July
    the 4th is on a Sunday

4. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    yeah I believe you're right. Anyway my interview went well and they hired me on spot so I'm working this Tuesday and Wednesday I think 4-9. But any other day this week would work out.

Forcebewitya!

5. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    Where you working?
    It doesn't look good for me, Job wise I haven't heard anything from them, since my interview.

6. Rick_Sith

Rick_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 2, 2002
    Looks like we will have to meet beginning of July sometime.

Maybe July 5th?
    Not sure when Rhythm & Blues is going to be held. I heard that they almost weren't going to have them this year. Something about not having enough money. Now some of the local businesses chipped in to get the fireworks going again. Guess we could check out Madison.com for the time and date.

Anyway, my weekends have been very busy lately, so during the week is good for me. According to everyone's schedules, Monday evenings are probably the only real free evening for everyone.

Should we start a new topic for this meeting or wait until the next one to start a new topic?
    I vote to wait until next time since we have plenty about this meeting already here.

OH! and Congrats on getting the job with Dominos, Brent! I'm assuming it's the one on Cottage Grove Road, since that is closest to your place.

See everyone soon. Have fun!

PS: Brent, tell more about that writing camp thing...sounds interesting.

7. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    Yeah, I think we should keep posting here. Monday the 5th looks ok for me. I work on the 4th and 3rd so I doubt I'll be working that monday. But I also now have a job at Gloria Jeans in the mall (btw I am working at the cottage grove Dominos). Anyway I'll keep you guys updated.

About the writing camp. It's a week long camp at Taylor University in Indianapolis. It is with some guy that writes books about good writing. So hopefully it will improve my writing. Right now I am working on a Star Wars fan fic. Its all original characters, and it is now 41 pages long on word. So its getting pretty big so I have to wrap it up. You guys'll have to read it sometime. I mean it takes awhile, so maybe when you have time. I can send it to anyone who wants it through email. Keep me posted.

Forcebewitya!

8. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    Its July 3rd.

Cool might have to stop by either place.

At the moment I'm free when ever.
    I've applyed at a couple more places, maybe I'll hear back from them.

9. Rick_Sith

May 2, 2002
    That writing camp sounds like fun. Wish I could go too. When you get that fan fic done, you gonna post it here for us to read or what?

OK, back to business at hand...
    Sounds like the 5th of July is a winner for most of us.
    Now the question is what time and where?
    I'll leave that up to you guys for sure, since I have that whole day off.

Post soon!

10. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    The 5th of July should work out for me. I work on the third and the fourth. But I think I am free on the fifth. The writing camp is a blast! I'm writing from one of their computers in the lab. Our professor Dr. Hensley is really intense, but good. He sure knows how to hold your attention. I dont think I drifted once, Which is amazing because usually I always fall asleep. Anyway about the Fan Fic, thats a great idea about posting here on our board. I mean I tried posting the first chapter on the writing board but no one read it. I guess its quite the task to get people to read your stuff. Anyway I look forward to the meeting and should be checking almost every night this week.

Forcebewitya!

11. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    I guess it depends on when we meet
    During the day a park would be good
    it shouldn't be to bad weather wise, though there is a chance of thunder.
    Then there's always East towne.
    Then again we could always meet at a resterunt for Lunch or dinner

12. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    Then again we could always meet at a resterunt for Lunch or dinner

That might be fun. I would be up for that but the cost might be an issue depending on which resturante we're going to meet at.

Forcebewitya!

13. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    yeah, Cost is an issue for me too, so it wouldn't be an expensive place.

14. Rick_Sith

May 2, 2002
    ok, since you guys won't force anyone else to do what you REALLY want (LOL), I'll name the place and time.

Fazoli's at 11am Monday July 5th. Bring some money for lunch. The breadsticks are on me.

See you there.

15. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    Sounds good to me

16. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    Awesome, sounds like a plan Rick, one thing where is Fazolis? I know (more like I think) it is near the mall..so some directions might be nice. Well I hope to find it and if I do I shall see you guys tomorrow.

Forcebewitya!

17. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    That was nice
    we should do that again.
    though it would be nice if people would remember what time we were meeting :p

18. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    Yeah, it was a good meeting. I like Fazolis! the breadsticks are great and that soda lasted me the rest of the day. We should defintitly do it again.

Forcebewitya!

19. Rick_Sith

May 2, 2002
    Yep, I had fun too.
    Sorry about being late. I had company over and forgot the time I mentioned here.
    Either way, I still had fun.

We should start a new thread for an August meeting.
    Who's turn is it this time?

20. ToxicNed

ToxicNed Grand Poobah of Madison WI - FF CR star 4

May 2, 2002
    Sorry guys, my parents came out yesterday. Let's think of something grand to do for the next outing.

21. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    Sorry guys, my parents came out yesterday. Let's think of something grand to do for the next outing.

Ok, here are my ideas (and I think it's my turn to start the thread and everything so I'll get right on that)...Well...since I'll start the thread I can just post them in there.

Forcebewitya!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.