main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Orlando, FL NEXT MEETING!!!

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Ia-Bou, Sep 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RogueScribner

RogueScribner Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    I can't find it in the phone book. Not as Philly's or Fillie's or anything in between. Are we sure this place exists? :p

L8r

2. Sabacc

Sabacc Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    Just a conspiracy of cartographers, eh?

3. RogueScribner

Jan 17, 2004
    Well, I'd like to lock down what this place is and where it is so I can update the site. So if anyone has any concrete info, it'd be much appreciated. :)

L8r

4. Ia-Bou

Ia-Bou Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2001
    well, there is a all you can eat China Jade buffet by fasion square mall....it is just down the stret a bit

5. JediScout

JediScout Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 2004
    Itll never stop now will it?

6. Pikaroth

Pikaroth Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2002
    I actually laughed-out-loud at Dale's comment above. It's priceless.

Brandon

7. RogueScribner

Jan 17, 2004
    I can't help but laugh. Heh heh.

Anyhoo, I'm up for eating at the restaurant we've been discussing. I'm just trying to verify the name and address. Like I said, I couldn't find a Philly's or Fillie's or anything in between in the Yellow Pages. I know the restaurant exists; I've eaten there before. Does anyone live or work in the area? Can you do a drive by to see what it is?

L8r

8. Ia-Bou

Jul 15, 2001
    what, are you guys four? If no one can prove it is still there then maybe we should eat somewhere else. I drove by it at least 2 months ago so if the phone book is older than that it is probably still there...it is part of a hotel on the corner of 50 and I-4....maybe if we find the hotel we can call and ask them :).

there is nothing wrong with changing a meeting place...if we didnt discuss things we would be a dictatorship, or an empire and I am no darth vader

9. JediScout

Apr 8, 2004
    Ia, dont stop taking your medicine. And its not a dictatorship, we all voted and picked a place. Anyways youre way too short to be Darth Vader, voice isnt deep enough either. Maybe somebody can shot by there sometime this week and see if its still there. Or we just wait and if its closed be run somewhere else.

10. JediScout

Apr 8, 2004
    Good times people, good times.

11. raiza123

raiza123 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 18, 2003
    Well, I'll be in the downtown area this weekend so I'll take a peek and see what they're called & post it. UNLESS someone else does between now & then.

Melanie

12. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    We did not vote. On the 13th I asked if we should make it Philley's and not one person said yes. Mike said he'd like to lock it down, but didn't happen to say what restaurant it should be locked to. When Ia makes a suggestion, I think some people are a little too sensitive. Relax. -Campbell

13. JediScout

Apr 8, 2004
    Your right we did not vote, but it was mentioned and everyone agreed to Phillies. Campbell even said Works for me, isnt that some sort of acknowledgement? By rereading this thread from the beginning, it pretty much looks like thats what everyone agreed on.

On another note, maybe we should change the place, wouldnt seem right if we decided on something and actually went there to our first decision.

14. raiza123

raiza123 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 18, 2003
    Maybe we could try something like Bucca di Beppo (spelling?) at the Florida Mall or I'm sure there are other locations. It's served family style Italian and since we're one big happy family perhaps we'd like that?
    OR visit the new site and I'll make some other suggestions and perhaps a poll?
    Can you say tease(r)?

Melanie

15. RogueScribner

Jan 17, 2004
    I think we should just pick a new place. I did some investigating and I discovered that the hotel the restaurant is attached to is a Holiday Inn. I also discovered that the Holiday Inn has been closed due to repairs since hurricane Charley. Do we want to chance the restaurant being closed, too? I'm assuming it is. Let's eat elsewhere.

L8r

16. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    I agree with Dale- we can't go to our first choice. It's not OS protocol :). I also think Mike has a very good point just above.

Lastly, and this one's the most important. Let's lock this topic (Ia, if you're listening) and keep it all in one place: http://fanforce.roguezeppo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7&highlight=

17. Solo_but_not_alone

Solo_but_not_alone Jedi Youngling star 1

May 27, 2004
    I stopped by the Holiday Inn on saturday, the former Angels there is also closed.
    Sorry folks, looks like another place will have to host the meeting.

18. Ia-Bou

Jul 15, 2001
    oh my goodness im so tired from work lately I cant wait to have star wars fun although after reading through the last couple pages of posts I dont know why I am looking forward to it since no one seems to get along....wheres my pillow...

19. RogueScribner

Jan 17, 2004
    We're just having fun, Ia. Don't get your pillow in a bunch. ;)

L8r

20. Ia-Bou

Jul 15, 2001
    Im so tired of this banter I cant even call it fun anymore. why cant we just act like we would in person. everyone is so civil to each other in person. half the complaining i hear on the boards I cant say I would hear the same people say it in person. Im just so warn out from work that i would like fanf force stuff to be fun.

of course im probably just talking out of tiredness right now anyway

21. JediScout

Apr 8, 2004
    Poo Doo!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.