main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spok, WA Next meeting???

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Eledaia, Feb 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediCloneCT

JediCloneCT Jedi Youngling

Oct 25, 2004
    Correction- I should be in town at 3PM.

And here's another reason to see Constanine: DarkHorizons says it'll have the Hitch-hiker's Guide trailer. :D

2. The_Cheeser

The_Cheeser Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 16, 2005
    Hi everyone. I have only just joined the group, but I wanted to lend my suggestion.
    First, I think seeing any movie during a gathering is not a great idea. In my opinion it should be a social atmosphere that encourages nice conversation and meeting new members, which, I am. Eating places that have a very open area like some godfathers or red robin are usually good. Playing games like mini golf or laserquest are fun too. I don't know if someone is in charge, if you all (we all) just make a suggestion and then whoever's is best is just picked. I have some ambitious ideas about Star Wars in spokane, but I need others to bounce my ideas off.

I am really looking forward to the next (my first) meeting whenever and wherever it may be.

3. JarusSarn

JarusSarn Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 10, 2004
    Heh, heh... Well Cheesy, technically Nat (Earwen) is "in charge", she is the "Chapter Representative". But we're really more of a loose group, and we just kind of go with whatever works best for everyone.

We've done at least one movie party before, the idea with this get together, would be to go to a movie, and then do something afterwards that would be more social, e.g. mini golf or lasertag. And we're more prolific than most groups in the sense that we usually have a meeting every weekend as opposed to the tipical once a month or once every two weeks. Normally our meetings consist of us just "hanging out and playing video games" which ends up being *very* social. One thing you'll learn quickly about this group is that we love being around eachother, we're a pretty close-knit group.

Go ahead and shout out your ideas, but be warned, we've probably already discussed the same ideas at one time or another, HAHA, but don't let that discourage you, we don't bite, well, most of us anyway *cough* Kelli *cough* :D (maybe that's just me...) *rubs his bite wounds*

4. Daramin_of_The_Way

Daramin_of_The_Way Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2004
    Please Jarus *rolls his eys* Eledaia doesn't bite.
    She hits and only if it's deserved or if it's you.
    Welcome, Cheesy. I don't even think we've decided what is going to happen next meeting. Shows how organized we are. :D

5. Raph1613

Raph1613 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2004
    The weekend is almost on top of us. What are we doing?

* sounds of crickets in the evening *

By the way, John, I love the sig. Very classy! :)

6. JarusSarn

Feb 10, 2004
    Thank's Alfredo, It needed to be updated anyway ;)

7. Raph1613

Raph1613 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2004
    I'm not sure when/if I'll be getting back to a computer before Sunday.

Somebody give me a call and tell me (as soon as possible) what we're actually doing and on what day.

8. Eledaia

Eledaia Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2004
    Ok, well, here is my input. I suggest we do the whole movie thing, either Hitch or Constantine (I'm leaning toward Constantine myself) and play mini-golf on Saturday evening. We can do the movie first or mini golf first, I don't care.

THEN, on Sunday, our regular meeting day, y'all can come over to my house for a social meeting. Amy and I will try to get a projector and someone can bring another TV and all of the x-boxes we have available. If you don't want to do the x-box thing, then bring your board games and we'll have a tournament! Another idea is for Jon to bring his *Original* Trilogy on VHS and we could have a true Star Wars night. This way, we meet twice to make up for the fact that we went 2 whole weeks without hanging out. I never knew I could miss bludgeoning Jon so much...

If we do it this way, then our new members can wait until Sunday to join us in an atmosphere that is more conducive for integration...MWUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

And for the record, I don't remember biting anyone, but if I did, we'll just have to make sure our meetings don't fall on the full moon anymore...

PLEASE POST ASAP SO I CAN CALL CASEY AND ALFREDO WITH THE FINAL DETAILS!

Yes, and like Nat said below, new people are welcome to join us at both!

9. Earwen_Lightrider

Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2004
    Sounds good to me as long as it is Saturday evening since I am attending my friends wedding at 3:14 that afternoon.

The get together on Sunday sounds good as well :)

Also, new members you are still welcome to attend both if you would like to :)

10. JarusSarn

Feb 10, 2004
    WOW, a whole weekend of Star Wars buddies!!!

MY PRAYERS HAVE BEEN ANSWERED [face_dancing]

Seriously though... woohoo! This sounds like a good idea, I might even be able to get Will there :rolleyes: No guarantees though. I'm completely willing to pack up the "box" if I need to (this time I'll remember to bring all the networking crap [face_blush]) I'm all for the two-night idea.

I never knew I could miss bludgeoning Jon so much...

I knew there was a reason you woke up in the morning [face_batting]. By the way, nice word... "bludgeoning"...

11. Earwen_Lightrider

Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2004
  12. Daramin_of_The_Way

Oct 30, 2004
    I will attempt to be there on Saturday, but (and I know Jarus will give me so much encouragement for this) I may not be able to make it on Sunday.
    So far it sounds, good, and while I miss you all, I may not be able to make. :(
    I'll keep you all informed.

13. Eledaia

May 28, 2004
    Ok, update for me: We can watch "Hitch" now because I went to a matinee of "Constantine". Very cool, but again the only Christian perspective is of the Catholic church, which seems to think that it can determine whether a person gets into heaven or not...but a cool movie none the less. On another aside, I work 4-9 on Saturday again, so I can only go to the movie/mini golf if it is an afternoon thingy, which is directly opposed to Nat schedule. What if we made the mini-golf an afternoon thing and the movie an evening thing? I could go to golf and Nat to the movie?

In a side note for those of you who care about my well being (Jarus excluded), I went to the movie today to treat myself after being rear-ended at 10am this morning. I don't know for sure yet if it is totaled, I'm waiting to hear back from their insurance company. It is not as bad as all that, the car is drivable, just ugly. And it isn't worth much, thus it is pretty easy to total...

14. JarusSarn

Feb 10, 2004
    Ok, I was kind of hoping on seeing Constantine, but Hitch will work just as well. Here's an idea, what if we do golf around noonish, then meet back up later (after kelli gets off of work around nine-ish) and see a late showing of Hitch. I can't remember what Nat's schedule is, but this is the best idea i could come up with.

Oh, and I talked to Will, he's headed off to Seattle for the weekend, so he's once again skipping out on me... grrr...

I hate to sound concerned for your health Kelli, and forever ruin my reputation, but have you seen a chiropractor yet? Because that would probably be a good idea...

15. Daramin_of_The_Way

Oct 30, 2004
    Indeed, a chiropractor would be could an a massage would help as well. I know a few places if you want a head's up (I'm not abashed about caring for your health).
    As for the mini-golf/movie idea, maybe we should done one or the other tommorow. While hanging out with all y'all all day sounds like a lot of fun (what can I say, I miss you guys) but it might be less stressful for all concerned. Just a thought.
    In either case, I'm up for mini-golf but a movie after nine will be out for me.

16. Eledaia

May 28, 2004
    Ok, well, someone needs to hammer out the details (not me) for the Saturday gathering, and I'll be in charge of the Sunday meeting. I *might* have something going on Sunday afternoon, so let's plan on 3PM at my house this Sunday. You can bring whatever you want, I don't know if we will have a projector or not. Someone please make the final decision about the times and places for the Saturday meeting...:D

Oh, and I am not injured, I feel strong enough to pull the ears off a gundark!

17. mightyd4

mightyd4 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 24, 2004
    I'm up for mini-golf whenever... but... I saw Hitch with someone last weekend and it's not something I want to see twice, oh it was good, but rather see Constantine.

Whoa...

18. Daramin_of_The_Way

Oct 30, 2004
    Don't look at me. I don't think I'm going to be able to make it on Saturday *shurgs*
    Jarus will not be suprised
    Sunady is still up in the air.
    Crud, and I still need to start on paper for a psych class. Oops

19. JarusSarn

Feb 10, 2004
    Ok, here's an Idea how about we all meet at Northtown around 2pm and play some golf, then Kelli can go to work, and the rest of us can a) Take a break for a few hours b) get something to eat or c) just hang out. We can kill time till Kelli get's off of work, then she could meet back up with us for the movie around 9:30 or so... how does that sound? Post, Post, Post!!!!

20. Eledaia

May 28, 2004
    Well, I think we have a plan. I'm perfectly fine watching Constantine again, not a problem. I will say that I went to the AMC20 and did not see the Hitchhikers trailer, so it might be the missing trailer syndrom that AMC has...or not.

Ok, so which part of Northtown are we meeting at? Shall we meet in the parking lot, or in the Mall? If we say to meet in the lot, will we be able to park close? I suggest we all park, in the lot close to Barnes and Noble and meet just inside those entrance door, in front of B and N. Sound like a plan? I keep asking questions and I doubt anyone will answer, so I'll just call everyone...

21. JarusSarn

Feb 10, 2004
    Sounds good to me ;) 2pm then? Barns and Noble? I've got nothing else to do :p

22. Daramin_of_The_Way

Oct 30, 2004
    Sorry guys, I got called in to work so I won't be able to make any festivities today.
    I'm still planning on making it tommorow.

23. Eledaia

May 28, 2004
    Alright! Everybody come to my house, for some fun. I've PMed the new people, so check your messages for directions to my apartment.

24. The_Cheeser

The_Cheeser Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 16, 2005
    Hey there. I thought I'd post here instead of starting a new one.

Any plans yet? I was really disappointed I couldn't make it saturday.

P.S. The red scrolling thing at the top is old now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.