main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

W.VA Next meeting!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Ithorian, May 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ithorian

Ithorian Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2000
    OK, since so many have asked, I'm going to throw a date out there. . .

Saturday, June 4

As usual, that's based on chapter approval. You guys can hash out the time and location, but I was considering possibly some bowling, perhaps?

Also, I'll have a revised version of the official bylaws posted on the website soon. I'm still trying to figure out how to word some of the fiddly bits. :p

2. -Fettish-

-Fettish- Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2003
    That works for me, as long as we meet after 5pm. Otherwise I'll be in class all day. I can't miss another Saturday, they will get mad at me...

3. Darth_Raptor

Darth_Raptor Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 21, 2002
    I'll check on that date and make sure I can make it. Evening time is fine with me whenever we do meet. You were thinking Valley Lanes for the meeting?

EDIT: June 4th is good for me :)

4. -Fettish-

May 7, 2003
    Oh please lets not go to that place full of screaming kids... :(

5. Wraith_wolf

Wraith_wolf Jedi Youngling

Feb 23, 2005
    Well, I work until 5 myself, so I can be there as long as the meeting is sometime say about 530, 6-ish? Im fine with valley lanes as a meeting place, but if others prefer not, perhaps someplace to eat? Bob Evans or some such?

Im looking forward to Halloween this year, I hope we do have another party. I'm working on a massively cool costume. =D

6. Phoonzang

Phoonzang Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2005
    I can be there any time after 6. I have an odd schedule with work. I work monday Tuesday, Friday Saturday 10 hour shifts. If you want to start them anytime, I may be a little late. Whatever works best with you all, is fine with me, Im very flexible on my part.

Phoonzang

7. Darth_Raptor

Oct 21, 2002
    ^Bump^ for all our new friends. If you can or cannot make it on the date proposed let us know!

8. Zoomer

Zoomer Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2005
    I can possibly make it that evening. I might have something with model railroad club that day in Parkersburg though.

Has a final location been decided upon yet? I know I'm not a member yet, but may I suggest if the weather is nice that evening, maybe meet at a park? VA, or Norwood Park?

Zoomer

9. Ithorian

Apr 13, 2000
    Actually, I like the park idea. We haven't had an outdoor meeting since. . . well, since last spring. :p

How about it, guys? VA, Norwood? We could do Fairmont again. We did Valley Falls before.

10. Zandoran_Celix

Zandoran_Celix Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 16, 2005
    Valley Falls would probably be good for me, even the grafton park.

Yeah i know...I am trying to find a close to home place so that maybe i can actually convince my parents tog ive me a ride.....

11. -Fettish-

May 7, 2003
    I haven't the slightest idea where VA Park or Norwood Park are... I'm more familiar with the Fairmont area. However, if we meet at one of the Clarksburg parks I'll see if the husband can take me. I'm sure he knows where said parks are located. Otherwise, I'll need some directions... :)

12. Zoomer

May 22, 2005
    The Clarksburg parks are easy to find. Directions would be no problem. And I'm familiar enough with Fairmont to know where Wave-Tech park is at least.

13. TieDyeWookie

TieDyeWookie Jedi Youngling star 1

May 21, 2005
    I wouldn't be able to make it on the 4th. I have to work and I just took a weeks Vacation to go to Atlanta. I am however off on the 3rd. If by some chance the date would be moved.

I know I'm new and everything but I really would like to participate. Someone please let me know if the date changes.

14. -Fettish-

May 7, 2003
    Let's decide on a definite date/location for this meeting. :)

15. Darth_Raptor

Oct 21, 2002
    Well I can't make it on the 3rd, but I can on the 4th. Location dosent matter to me, and I know how to get to all the ones listed so last call if there is a location you really want or dont want before we pick one.

16. Zandoran_Celix

Zandoran_Celix Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 16, 2005
    4th is out for me

17. Dotanis

Dotanis Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 10, 2002
    I'm opting for the 4th myself the 3rd just doesn't work out with my schedule. Lets say about 7:30 or so at Norwood Park there in Nutterfort. Questions, comments, observations? =)

-Dot

18. Ithorian

Apr 13, 2000
    Norwood at 7:30 works for me. Everyone else?

19. -Fettish-

May 7, 2003
    Works for me. I need directions coming from Fairmont... :)

20. Zoomer

May 22, 2005
    That sounds pretty good. I might stand a good chance of making that. I'd like to meet you guys. I think I met Fettish that night at the Mall, and her husband.

And Fettish: It's easy to get to Norwood Park.

From Fairmont: Some of this you probably know...

I-79 South to exit 119.
    Rt 50 West to Joyce Street exit.
    Go left at the light at the end of the exit ramp.
    Go straight on that road and follow the road past Hardees, and the Mountaineer Mart. You'll come to an intersection, with McDonald's on the right. Go straight. In fact, go straight through all the lights. You'll pass Go-Mart, and Dairy Queen on the left. Look for the Nutter Fort Fire Dept. on the left, and the park is on the left a short distance after the Fire Dept. The entrance is almost across the road from Domino's Pizza. Hopefully that's not too hard to follow. It's actually easier to get to than it is to describe.

Zoomer

21. -Fettish-

May 7, 2003
    Most likely my husband will be bringing me. He's
    more familiar with the area than I am.

I'll print out the directions for him. Thanks! :)

22. Darth_Raptor

Oct 21, 2002
    It's basically across the road from Grandma's House, the furniture store (the big red barn). :)

23. -Fettish-

May 7, 2003
    LOL!!! I have no idea where Grandma's house is either! :p Mike and I will find it, no worries...

24. TieDyeWookie

TieDyeWookie Jedi Youngling star 1

May 21, 2005
    I can't make it. I need to work. I've already called off twice this week after getting back from Atlanta due to a scorching case of Cunjunctivitis. I'm actually going to the doctor today. It's not clearing up at all and I need meds.

But I hope I can make the next meeting. If I have enough advance notice I can switch my work days if it's a Saturday and be able to attend. Until then I'll have to live vicariously through you guys.

Does anyone know what happened to the WV Fan Force web site? I can't seem to open it with my browser.

25. Darth_Raptor

Oct 21, 2002
    You have to work at 7:30 on a Sat? :( I feel for ya!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.