main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Niagara, ON Next meeting

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Cow_Girl, Jun 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yebbed-Crage

Yebbed-Crage Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2001
    I agree! The first thing that we need to know is if people want to have a meeting. The next thing we need to know is if those people want to do something afterwards or not. Then we need to know who can come and who can bring what. Chris suggested a BBQ, but our BBQ is full of bee hives and very low on propane. Is there someone else who would offer up their place??

2. Cow_Girl

Cow_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 15, 2001
    Sorry Guys, But if there is anything going on this weekend I just found out I won't be able to make it due to some personal issues. I'm really, really sorry.

3. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    I'm still free this weekend.

Flexible schedule for any day.

4. Sabia_Ronit

Sabia_Ronit Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 12, 2003
    Justin and I also have a flexible schedule for the weekend.

If we end up just having a meeting everyone is more than welcome to come to our apartment (it will give me motivation to finish organizing everything). If we decide on a potluck or games night, etc. we can host that too, our only problem is that we do not have a BBQ.

In terms of a meeting, we really need to discuss some specific events including:
    Forceball
    Grape and Wine Parade ---->It is only 80 days away!

I really hope that we can do this soon.

5. Yebbed-Crage

Jun 3, 2001
    Well how about we figure out a day.....

Friday is out, Chris gets home too late from work.

Should we start a vote for saturday or sunday???

Is there any other interest out there besides Steph, Justin, John and myself (Chris and Kaitlyn are included in that obviously)???

6. legoman

legoman Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 14, 2002
    I work Saturday and Sunday night, but I'm good till 4 or 5 both days. My house and BBQ are also available if we wanted to do a lunch thing instead of dinner.

7. Sabia_Ronit

Mar 12, 2003
    We are free all day/night Saturday and until about 3 on Sunday.

8. Yebbed-Crage

Jun 3, 2001
    Well it is looking like Saturday afternoon is the time for the meeting. By those who voted, the people showing to this meeting are as follows:

Coming
    Debby (& Kaitlyn)
    Chris
    Steph
    Justin
    John
    Steph
    Marcel
    Andrew

Not Coming
    Dana
    Chris and kids
    Tim
    Bayley
    Laurie & Henry
    Leigh

Stef and her friend John said earlier in this thread that they may come. We are still missing imput from a lot of the members. If you can't make it, that's ok, but we need to hear from you. It is very disappointing that people call themselves members of this club when it suits them, but when we need to get together to discuss things, no one speaks up. I am missing going to the cottage for this "meeting" and would appreciate some feedback! Since no one has made any offers, it looks like we will meet at Brock. We need to decide on a time. Can we please organize it so that Andrew can come to the meeting and still have time to go home and get ready for work?? Is 1:30 too early?? How does 2:00 sound??

9. Sabia_Ronit

Mar 12, 2003
    I did make an offer to meet at our place, but if Brock would be a better facility then I understand completely. Just let me know. :)

1:30 is great for us!

10. jadepadawan

jadepadawan Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 12, 2002
    as long as i know the time i am visiting with friends the rest of the day

11. speederScout

speederScout Jedi Youngling

May 5, 2005
    If it's at 1:30 I may be a bit late I have to be in Hamilton at 11:30. Also, where at Brock?

12. Sabia_Ronit

Mar 12, 2003
    If it's at Brock then we're probably meeting at the Walker Complex Cafeteria. If you need directions I can post some, or you can consult the campus map here.

13. Amidala_wannabe

Amidala_wannabe Jedi Master star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    I think 1:30 may be too early for John and I, He's only leaving Maryland at 5, and it's about an 8 hour drive without stopping, and if he does that he'll be only getting in at 1. I don't think he plans on driving straight thru, so is there something going on afterwards that we can get too?

I'd really like to be there, and John want's to meet everyone. :)

14. jeigh

jeigh Jedi Master star 3

Mar 21, 2002
    I won't be there. I have plans in Oakville for Saturday night, and it'd be silly to drive all the way to St. Catharines from Hamilton, then turn around and go all the way back.

15. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    ok we are set...

Saturday 2pm (edit) At the Brock cafe

Sorry to those that can't make it.

I will be sure to give 2 weeks notice for the pool party/bbq so that we can give everyone time to plan on being there.

16. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    I thought somebody would have posted a meeting summary by now. OK, here goes:

Cheque for $917.75 delivered to Women's Place from the Ep 3 fund raising.
    Next YJN get together: Saturday July 23rd or Sunday the 24th?. Pool party BBQ. Details to be posted very soon I hope.
    Forceball Tourney: Social event where we invite local FanForce chapters to come and try to take away the trophy from us. August 20th weekend
    Grape & Wine parade application to be filled in on Tuesday by yours truly. Possible location change from school. Details again to follow.

I think that was the big things decided amongst all the chatting.

17. Java_Jedi

Java_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Hope everyone had a good time. :)

*mental note--- check board more often*

Maybe we will make it out next time.

18. Cow_Girl

Cow_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 15, 2001
    Thanks for the summary John! :)

19. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    I will have to touch Base with Tim to start getting the ForceBall threads going and get some team interest now that we have a date!

Also, Stephanie and I will be throwing together the Grape and Wine information and sending that out to other Chapters. Hopefully John got the forms all done and we can proceed with everything. Stephanie and I look forward to helping organize and make things go smoothly this year!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.