main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tampa, FL Next meeting

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Jedijace007, Feb 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedijace007

Jedijace007 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 3, 2002
    So, when are we going to have the next meeting? Its been 2 months since the last one, its about time :)

onward

2. Sereana_Nightstar

Sereana_Nightstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2002
    We meet as friends, nothing formal. We are planning a workshop for March 4. Mega Con is the end of Feb. and that is a get together also. I'm working but Ross can give you info. on MegaCon in Orlando and when it is. The workshop will be really good and in Tampa. Hope you can come.

3. LukeCeremonial22569

LukeCeremonial22569 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 23, 2002
    So far nothing to big but a few are coming to our place for a small work shop on some prop building of the E-11 blaster and do some LED work also on Maries Shuttle as well. Anyone wanting to come by can do so your all welcome to come on over. This will be on the 4th or the 5th, more info to follow as soon as we set this in stone for one of the dates.

4. Annya_Latoure2

Annya_Latoure2 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2003
    I would love to get together with the folks for a July meeting with any new or old interested parties. It will be very informal and probably consist of a workshop and/or movie veiwing. We've got the a pretty good collection of DVD's. I would love to see familiar facaes like Jace and Marie and some folks we haven't seen in a while like Andrea, Brian, Jamie, Matt and Annie and whoever hasn't been able to gather in a while for an evening of friendly conversation and shared interest in the Lucas Arts and other Sci-fi type stuff. SOmeone throw out a weekend date for this and let's see where it goes.

5. jedi-knight-FL

jedi-knight-FL Jedi Master star 1

Mar 16, 2005
    let me know, it sounds like a great idea for this weekend.

6. Ravenjack

Ravenjack Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 27, 2005
    Sounds good, it's been far too long since I've seen everyone. As long as it's on a weekend we can probably make it.

7. briansview

briansview Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 17, 2005
    How about we all get together at my place next weekend for some fellowship and sci-fi fun? I live off countryside Blvd. in Clearwater, Fl across from the Countryside mall.

How bout it, huh?

P.s. As an extra incentive, I do have a Star Wars trivia pursuit game we can all enjoy...........

8. Sereana_Nightstar

Apr 20, 2002
    I beleive I am taken for the next 2 weekends. But I will see what is happening when someone comes up with a date. I do plan to get over to Brandon, hopefully next weekend. I will be taking "on-call" with my new job, so, until I find out what that really entailes I plan to stay put that weekend. Not sure when my turn is yet!!! The 22nd. / 23rd. might be okay for me.

Let's see what everyone else has planned. Movie/dinner would be nice or just kicking back.

9. Darth_Lego_Maul

Darth_Lego_Maul Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2005
    I'd like to, but I'm not sure if I can make it this weekend. I'm having another procedure done on my back this Wednesday, so I'll have to see how I feel after that.

10. Sereana_Nightstar

Apr 20, 2002
    Hey, how is it going girl? Have not heard from you for sometime.

11. Annya_Latoure2

Nov 15, 2003
    Marie is coming over to our apt July 9th at 10am. It is a little early for most, but anyone who'd like to come over an hang out is welcomed. we do live in Brandon now off of Causeway and Providence near Bloomingdale. Email me if you'd like to come by. digitaldgirl@hotmail.com If I don't hear from anyone, I will assume no one else is coming. We were talking about grabbing lunch over here somewhere too. So let me know. We are minutes from the Brandon Town Center.

12. jedi-knight-FL

Mar 16, 2005
    can't make it, I have a wedding to go to, will catch you all another time.

13. Sereana_Nightstar

Apr 20, 2002
    Have a great time at the wedding Brian....will catch you another time...but would re4ally like to see you.

14. Ravenjack

Mar 27, 2005
    We may try and make it, I am not sure yet, but I will email you before sunday and let you know.

15. kotorkid007

kotorkid007 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 4, 2005
    Does anyone know if Tampa is closer to Lake wales than Orlando?

16. Sereana_Nightstar

Apr 20, 2002
    Hard to tell. Check on one of the map programs and see if you can get some distances.

17. Ravenjack

Mar 27, 2005
    Sorry we couldn't make it today, but we want to hang out with everyone again soon.

18. Annya_Latoure2

Nov 15, 2003
    When and where would folks like to get together. Some of us are going to Dragoncon and need to do some planning and costume prep. IF folks would like to start getting together again, we need some input on venues and/or volunteers to host gatherings. I really have enjoyed movie nights and workshops with many of you, but can't really plan anything if there is either no interest or no input. I know we lost a lot of folks to the 501st but they are a big flahy organization that has very detailed and specific marching orders so to speak. We just need some occations when people want to hook up and do something that has to do with Star Wars or anything connected with it. I would love to get some activities going again. Let me know. Post your opinion, interest or disinterest, but let us know. Ross and I live in Brandon. Everyone knows where Marie lives, and I am sure there are other who would like to host a movie night or a game challenge or a workshop or what ever. Speak up. :-B

19. Darth_Lego_Maul

Darth_Lego_Maul Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2005
    I think any of those sounds good- a movie night, games, and workshops. If we can't get everyone to agree on a movie to go see, we can always watch movies at someone's house. I know that Brandon is convenient for us, but I don't know about anyone else. You are all, of course, welcome over here- we live in the Forest Hills area of Tampa. Our house is kind of small and messy, but if you don't mind that, here is an option. It really has been too long since we've all gotten together, so we should make an effort to do so soon.

Ellison and I have recently rejoined the world outside our house. We have family who live across the street from us and have frequent gatherings, but we haven't gone to any of them since the wedding until recently. We couldn't help it- we're newlyweds! So that is why I haven't been too active on the boards for awhile.

20. LukeCeremonial22569

LukeCeremonial22569 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 23, 2002
    Sounds like gathering rumblings coming up, so lets get together if we can before Dragon Con I know some are going and some are not going. Our place here in Brandon is open to all, so how about we all hook up to do something out or here. We have a very nice club house for showing movies or playing games and such, also a nice big pool. Our new apartment is alot bigger then what we had before so now we have lots of room for all. Let the list begin for hooking up.

21. Ravenjack

Mar 27, 2005
    Can't wait to see everyone again. I'm having some car problems at this time so Brandon is a little far for me until I can get them fixed. I would like to get together with everyone soon though.

22. jedi-knight-FL

Mar 16, 2005
    ditto Matt.

let's get together soon everybody.

23. Annya_Latoure2

Nov 15, 2003
    Pick a neutral place that is doable for everyone and we'll get together.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.