main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jack, FL Next meeting!!!!!

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by yoda1248, May 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yoda1248

yoda1248 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 6, 2005
    Hey, do we know when the next meeting at gotham will be......i miss those meetings that we use to have when we first started.....i know sw weekends is coming up but maybe sometime after that......Thanks....Joshua

2. Anakin-and-Padme

Anakin-and-Padme Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2005
    Hey. We are meeting up at Mama Fu's on the 29th of May for a costuming event. There is Always a meeting afterwards where we discuss what's coming up. Why don't you join us?

There is talk of organizing an armor party for Gotham sometime soon, but you'll have to ask Disney Steve about that.

3. JaxAnakinSkywalker

JaxAnakinSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 21, 2006
    Hey! Where have you been man? I haven't seen you on in a while? Have we ever met?

4. macewndu73

macewndu73 Jedi Youngling

Apr 10, 2005
    Agree w/Joshua. Would like to meet Gotham after SW weekend. Maybe this can be set up as well for those of us interested.

Long live 90210 "But Brandon, I can't miss the party and my hair just will not do what I want. Can I borrow your gel?"

Damn I miss that show, luckily I can still tune in via the computer.

5. Leia214

Leia214 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 24, 2004
    A LOT of people still want to meet at Gotham.

6. Anakin-and-Padme

Sep 2, 2005
    I suggest reading Steve's post about the armor party that is getting planned. That is the only Gotham meeting in the works at the moment to my knowledge as we do have one meeting monthly currently at Mama Fu's. We'd love to see any of you there. It really shouldn't keep everyone from showing up if they really want to meet no matter where it is. I'm sure we can also plan another meeting at GCL at some point after the armor party meeting as well. We have a pretty busy schedule going right now at the moment between a costuming event monthly for Star Wars Monday's at Mama Fu's, Star Wars weekends, Guardian Ad Litem Charity event, and an upcoming GCL armor party. It'd be nice to see some of you at any of those events. The FCJK is a busy group now days.

Hey, why don't you guys take a moment to think about doing some "out of costume" Charity work to help get the FCJK name out there for children at the Guardian Ad Litem event? We could always use some more people and it is for a great cause. It isn't at Gotham, but it IS an FCJK event and an important one at that. We would love to see all of you get involved.

7. ImperialOrder

ImperialOrder Jedi Youngling star 2

May 19, 2005
    The month of June is gonna be busy, and I have high hopes of a possible good turn out at the costume event. I'm really trying to get that going. We could hold a meeting there at the same time, if people want. Let's work together on seeing if we can get something set in stone on the meetings at GCL. I don't want to turn away existing members though, due to a fight over this. Maybe we could hold another meeting at GCL in July too, as well? But I really don't want the costume event turning into just a meeting, I really really really want it a costume building event. Because I know people have a lot of questions about their costumes and I think it'd be fun. But please, please let us not argue over this again.

8. Anakin-and-Padme

Sep 2, 2005
    Someone was arguing over this?

Hey Leia. Welcome back.

Hey Commander Steve - how about quarterly GCL meetings? It would be super redundant to do them more often than that since we do have Moe's expected of us every month, but I don't see where quarterly would be a bad thing.

9. ObiWanAmanda

ObiWanAmanda Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 10, 2005
    Hey, sounds good to me. Just want to drop a little bug...did you realize what "Day", May 29th is???? It is Memorial Day :) so are you still going to troop at Mama Fu's this night??? If so we may not be able to troop, I think we are going to be out of town, (not sure though)...many others may be too..just a thought. Let me know :)

10. Anakin-and-Padme

Sep 2, 2005
    May 29th is still a go. I dont' think anyone realized when we made the schedule that it was Memorial Day, but it was posted long ago and can't be changed without some major disappointments. Kids showed up last time with lightsabers in hand they were so excited to see us and are ready for hte next one. Ani and I will go no matter what because we don't have any major plans. Hope others can make it too, but we do understand those who can't with the holiday and all.

11. ImperialOrder

ImperialOrder Jedi Youngling star 2

May 19, 2005
    Don't see why quarterly wouldn't work. Well, what does everyone think? ????? At least Memorial Day doesn't fall on my birthday again. And that makes me happy.

>Steve

12. Twin_solo_Durron

Twin_solo_Durron Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 30, 2003
    oh i hope that i am not working...

13. JaxAnakinSkywalker

Feb 21, 2006
    May I just say..... Oh! Not the hair gel! Anything but the hair gel! Ahhhhh!

Heh, anyway... I think it's great to do as many meetings as you want at GCL! I honestly will not likely be able to attend unless I can find a babysitter, which is hard for the two hours once a month at Mama Fu's with my mother that works with me, and I'm already calling in serious favors, thoughts, and sweat into doing the Charity Banquet with the guys. Unfortunately, those things have to come first with me.

I'm saying that mainly for Chris because I would hate for my kids to trash his place. Maybe when they get older.

14. Leia214

Leia214 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 24, 2004
    I don't think it's necessary for you to HAVE to attend - that is the point of having multiple meetings that work for everyone. I completely understand about the kids - it is a tight area and there is lots of temptation for the younglings.

15. DairNimiris

DairNimiris Jedi Youngling star 2

May 19, 2005
    I'm not so sure I agree with the multiple meetings theory. Nobody's requiring anybody to attend meetings or events, but keeping them focused and few helps keep the group together.

Think about it. If we had a group of FCJKs that figured "hey, why bother with the monday meetings over here when I can easily go to the Thursday meetings over there?" You'd be encouraging the group to separate into what's convenient, rather than come together for what is best.

16. Anakin-and-Padme

Sep 2, 2005
    Nimiris while I see your point the thing we gotta remember is right now that is pretty much the way it is happening. We can either still be part of the same group or not. It'd be better to have the big group that SOMETIMES all meet up for an event than 2 smaller ones that try to avoid each other at all costs. Not cool.

There will have to be communication right after every meeting though to make sure EVERYONE gets the info in the end here on the board. I guess we gotta start keeping minutes???

We can work it out. No worries.

17. JaxAnakinSkywalker

Feb 21, 2006
    Luis and I have an idea that we will be presenting at the next Mama Fu's meeting. We think it should straighten out a lot of our problems. You should definitely be there if you want to hear it.

Oh, and Dwight. I'm getting a new chess board. I'll play ya after the event!

18. Solo51

Solo51 Jedi Youngling

May 17, 2005
    Hey,
    I miss those meetings at Gotham City. This is where I first met the group. Leia214 glad to see you back and when the group meets at Gotham I hope to see you there! I start watching the boards again for details on our next meeting there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.