main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY Next Meeting?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Drk Father1, Jun 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drk Father1

Drk Father1 Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 18, 1999
    Hello everyone! The cook-out saturday went great! It was nice to finally put some faces to the folks that post here regularly.

Several ideas have been passed around for our next meeting so I figured we ought to go ahead and start a new thread to discuss ideas.

The two main ideas I've heard are: Trip to Cincy to see AOTC on the Digital screen, and a day at Kentucky Kingdom.

I'm up for both, although I'd really like to go see the Clones on digital before they stop showing it. Maybe we could do one in July and the other in August? They would be our next two meetings that we need in order to be recognized as an official chapter!

What's everyone else think?

2. Unicron

Unicron Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 5, 2002
    Count me in for either one, though my first choice is to see the film in digital again before it's gone.

-John

3. Darthcrawford02

Darthcrawford02 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2002
    Yeah, I would like to get atrip going up to Cincy before it disappears from the digital screen. It might not be a bad idea to go befor the end of June, before all the other movies come out.May be Saturday the 22nd. What does everyone think?

4. bossknopp

bossknopp Jedi Youngling star 1

May 5, 2002
    Can someone find out if it will be there through the end of July?I couldnt make it till maybe the very last weekend if then July isnt lookin too good for a roadtrip.I like Kentucky Kingdom,the zoo,a bats game or the planetarium.Aug.would be better for a roadtrip thats just me though.So we only need two more meetings before officially being recognized?That is supercool.I think meeting new ones would be tough haveing them come all the way to cinn.we need to add members and it has to be done in a very easy to find place.If we do drive up for the movie I wish shirts could be made up already.Let everyone Louisville has come out in FORCE man I crack myself up.Gotta go guys.

5. Bunny

Bunny Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2002
    Here's my two credits:
    Isn't the ticket price to Kentucky Kingdom $33? That's kinda steep. I mean, my personal opinion is that for the time being maybe meeting places could be either free or relatively inexpensive. I think that the platetarium is a neat and apropos idea, by the way. :) I'd kinda like the library as a meeting place maybe. The main library (on 4th street) still has places for groups to meet, I'm not sure if it's expensive or not, but I can phone them and find out.

6. tinkerwench

tinkerwench Jedi Youngling star 1

May 29, 2002
    I love the idea of KY kingdom - but agree with the price issue.

I'm working at the Wall Street Deli down at the jewish Hospital Outpatient Care center. Want me to ask my boss of it's ok to meet there?

They have a loft dining room and we could be up there. - lots of folk come through there - there has to be at least one or 2 fans among them. LOL

I also like the zoo idea - give the kiddies something to do.

7. Bunny

May 24, 2002
    Did a little internet digging on the library thing just in case (we can always stick flyers in every sci-fi book they have haha). LOL! Meeting rooms are free to use but must be reserved in advance (but that wouldn't be a problem). Anyway, for the interested, here's the link:LFPL
    The loft at Jewish sounds nice too!! There are so many suggestions that we could really do all of them in time. :)

8. Drk Father1

Mar 18, 1999
    Cool! We really do need to keep most of our meetings cheap/free and easily accessible to everyone. KY Kingdom, the Zoo, and a Cincy Trip could be extras for those who want to go. (And I'm open to all three!!!)

With our next meeing we really need to decide how we want to organize ourselves, and maybe come up with some designs for T-shirts, etc.

By out third meeting we need to choose someone to be our Cityrep.

This is great! We've finally got things really moving!

9. Unicron

Apr 5, 2002
    Is Bob still with us? He had posted something a while back about possibly having a place we could meet.

I'm up for just about anyplace, though the thought of driving downtown doesn't sound too appealing, unless it's someplace that's got easy-to-get-to parking. I despise parking in downtown Louisville.

Also, Austin sent me the pic he took at the cookout last Saturday. I put it up on the website this morning...too bad no one thought of breaking out a camera until almost everyone had already left! :)

-John

10. Bunny

May 24, 2002
    -With our next meeing we really need to decide how we want to organize ourselves, and maybe come up with some designs for T-shirts, etc.-

It all depends on what kind of t-shirts we're talking about having made. There is the print-out iron ons and the professionally printed. I'm a member of Star Wars Chicks and we had our official t-shirts printed up a few years ago, and because we used the words 'Star Wars' we had to have official Lucasfilm licensing (which took us months to finally get). If we use a hand drawn picture of a ship or character and the acronym 'LASE' then we'll be good on the legal front. :)
    There are several things we can do for advertising and organisation! I've got about a million ideas! ::giggle::

11. jediknightcox

jediknightcox Jedi Youngling

Mar 23, 2002
    I like the idea of using "LASE" Bunny, please bring your ideas to our next meeting.

12. HARPER

HARPER Jedi Youngling

May 17, 2002
    Hello all. Glad to see the meeting at Cherokee Park went well. Wish I could have been there.

Here is what I think on the meeting:

The library is a good idea, as a place for regular meetings. There is a small lot across the street from the York St. entrance which is a city pay lot, but I believe it stops at a certain time. The library itself stays open till 9:00 m-th. We could even pick a branch, if we wanted to. I'm sure they keep the same policy as the main branch. This would might alieve problems that could arise from meeting at the main library.

As far as activities, I would really like to see AOTC digitally. The experiance of the movie in it's true form should prove delightful.

Another activity could be an outing to Otter Creek Park. It's a wonderful place and very beautiful. We could have another cook out and maybe even a camp-out. It's a thought.

Another activity I've always wanted to do is watch the released SW movies and sort of talk about scenes and parts of the movie as the movie progressed. Sort of a SW talk group.

My 2 credits worth.

13. bossknopp

May 5, 2002
    Hey guys the design heading on the web site should be our shirt design on one side with the icon covering the opposite side.I think Phil should be our cityrep he is vader afterall.I agree the expensive stuff should be extra besides we need a quiet area to talk and develope our group.I still want to go to the planetarium its so apporite(sp?).

14. Darthcrawford02

Darthcrawford02 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2002
    I like the idea for the meeting at the library. I am still interested in an unofficial trip to Cincy to see ATOC in digital, If there are any takers. Later and May the force be with you!

15. Zam-the-Assasin

Zam-the-Assasin Jedi Youngling star 2

May 29, 2002
    You guys know I am always ready and willing to do anything for this club so no matter what, no price is too high for Star wars...just my 2 cents :D

16. Unicron

Apr 5, 2002
    I am up for the library idea if it works for everyone else too. I think an added bonus of having it there would be that there's not something cooler to do, like there would be on a trip to the zoo, planetarium, whatever, and it might be easier to decide on stuff like the t-shirt design and all that stuff. And I would like to take a minute to talk to those who've expressed interest (read: willingness :)) to do the website's design and stuff.

As for time, I'll meet whenever. I usually work 7-6 or so through the week and am off on weekends, but if meeting during the week is better for the majority, I'll just arrange to leave work early or whatever.

-John

17. Drk Father1

Mar 18, 1999
    Library's good for me. Actually anywhere is good for me! :D

I work 8-5 through the week and am off on the weekends. Can't really get off any earlier during the week though.

18. bossknopp

May 5, 2002
    Im for the library just need directions.date and time.Please dont make it early morning the later the better prefer Friday or Saturday night.

19. Bunny

May 24, 2002
    I'm off Saturdays and Wednesdays, so either of those days is good for me, but I can swing Thursday and Friday afternoons as well. I can register the room with the library if you all want, as soon as we decide on a time and date! And I agree, I think the library is a good place for discussing the er... 'business' side of things. :)

20. Bunny

May 24, 2002
    ::Another activity I've always wanted to do is watch the released SW movies and sort of talk about scenes and parts of the movie as the movie progressed. Sort of a SW talk group.::

Me too! That would be great! Or playing Star Wars Trivial Pursuit, which is something I haven't done in a patheticallt long time. LOL! :)

21. Drk Father1

Mar 18, 1999
    It would be great to get together with other "true fans" and actually watch the films and discuss them. I always want to with other friends but the never appreciate the finer points! Plus they're just not such a super Star Wars geek like I am! :D

We could even have a game night with multiple games going on at once! Star Wars Trivial Pursuit, Star Wars Monopoly, Star Wars Life, Star Wars Battleship, Epic Duels, etc.....

AAAAAAHHHHHHH! I can't stop thinking about Star Wars!!!!

Breath.....
    Okay, I feel much better now. (Whew, too much caffiene for supper).

22. Bunny

May 24, 2002
    Yeah! I'm more than willing to help with website design! :)! And it will be so great to actually get to play a Star Wars game because no one ever plays with me! LOL! I have SW Trivial Pursuit, Monopoly, Battleship, Simon, and Strageo. I don't have the game of Life yet. Bugger.
    I'm really getting super excited about this now! YAY!!

23. Unicron

Apr 5, 2002
    It seems like Saturday is the best day for most people to meet, but is the library even open on Saturday? If so I'll bet it has limited hours.

-John

24. HARPER

HARPER Jedi Youngling

May 17, 2002
    Keeping everyone up to speed....06/13/02

Meetings: Monthly, somewhere within 6-8 pm on Saturdays.

Louisville Free Public Library
    Meeting Room Site: http://www.lfpl.org/meetings.htm

Library Hours:
    Monday-Thursday 9AM-9PM
    Friday & Saturday 9AM-5PM
    Sunday 1PM-5PM

25. bossknopp

May 5, 2002
    I think maybe a monday night would be good since they stay open longer.maybe 6 or 7.if not maybe 2.30 saturday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.