main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY Next Meeting?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Drk Father1, Jun 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zam-the-Assasin

Zam-the-Assasin Jedi Youngling star 2

May 29, 2002
    Hey guys! Long time no see! SOrry I havent abandoned you , I have been working my butt off at my new job, so I havent even had time to psot, but alas I am here, and I WILL be attending the next meeting......just letting everyone know that I am still alive ;)

2. Drk Father1

Drk Father1 Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 18, 1999
    Work is EVIL. I really need to win the lottery so I can quit and devote my life full-time to Star Wars! :D

By the way, our next meeting is posted on the main Fanforce Page!

3. CreatureCreator

CreatureCreator Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 31, 2001
    You and me both. These 70+ hour weeks are eating into my ability to build props and costumes.

4. Zam-the-Assasin

May 29, 2002
    I hear ya creature, I havent had much time to work on my costume.........but fret not, a true fan's work is never done! ;)

5. Bunny

Bunny Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2002
    ::pout:: I can't sew to save my life. That's OK though. I just want a cloak, that's all I want. :)
    Is anyone going to wear a costume to the meeting? I'll wear my Star Wars trousers and my Sith Academy t-shirt.

6. Zam-the-Assasin

May 29, 2002
    Well....I wanted to wear my leia costume but I *really* don't think people outside of our group would understand in the least why a girl is walking around in such a strange outfit.....:eek: (hmm...i wonder why? its just a bikini top and a skirt with the sides completely cut off and held together by metal hooks ;) )
    But alas, I will probably be wearing a star wars shirt, and hopefully my ewoks skirt that I am currently working on. :D

7. Drk Father1

Mar 18, 1999
    Well....I don't think anyone would mind, but okay.

8. Darthcrawford02

Darthcrawford02 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2002
    Well I plan to see everyone July 20th.
    I do plan to stay longer this time.

Later

Patrick

9. obi-wan-bartak

obi-wan-bartak Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 26, 2001
    I found a room at Bellarmine College we can use, im still working out the details with the public relations persons there, but in Horigan Hall on the top floor there is room CC 124 The Cralle Lounge holds at least 30 people with a conference room CC126 right next door. It is a non-smoking facility, but there is a patio right outside the lounge area that is for smokers. Plus its air-conditioned. Once i get the final details ill post them here. I guess ill try to see if we can have the room for the August meeting. See ya obi-wan-bartak.

10. Drk Father1

Mar 18, 1999
    All right! Way to go! That's what we need.

11. Unicron

Unicron Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 5, 2002
    The day of the next meeting there is a RiverBats game downtown at 6:15 PM, so there'll probably be lots of folks around downtown. Where's a good place to park? I've only been down there once before.

-John

12. oggiebendoggie2001

oggiebendoggie2001 Jedi Master star 1

Jun 12, 2002
    Hey, gang! It's great that everything seems to be coming together. My fiance and I would love to make the meeting, but unfortunately, weekends for us are completely booked between now and the end of July. If anything changes, though, we'll be there! :D

There are a couple of public parking lots around the park. There's one under the I-64 bridge. The entrance is on Preston Street before it curves round to become River Road. If you follow Preston around to River Road, there's another lot there. However, with a Bats game going on, spaces are likely to be at a premium. There's also parking on the opposite end of the park, near Joe's Crab Shack. I don't recall how much is public and how much is paid, but again, given the proximity to Slugger Field, it may be crowded. There's also a pay lot across the street from Slugger Field, and possibly some of the garages would be open, too.

Bruce

13. Zam-the-Assasin

May 29, 2002
    Hey, Bruce, I like your user ID ...hehe...I love that fanfilm, although my personal fave was princess android ;)

14. oggiebendoggie2001

oggiebendoggie2001 Jedi Master star 1

Jun 12, 2002
    Thanks! I think I saw somewhere that there's a special edition of Hardware Wars, but I haven't been able to view it. Princess Android is pretty cool, too! :)

15. Drk Father1

Mar 18, 1999
    I hate to mention this, but I thought everyone might want to know, there is a lot of stuff going on at Waterfront park that weekend. Not only is there a Bats game, but there is also Pirates on the Waterfront (noon to 5 p.m.) and Operation Brightside Volleyball tournaments.

There will probably be plenty of room for us to gather and hang out, but parking may be a issue. I'd hate to have some of us pass on the meeting because of it.

Any thoughts from the rest of you?

16. Unicron

Apr 5, 2002
    ICK. That's what I was afraid of. Man, I hate parking in downtown Louisville.

I don't think I even want to know what that Pirates thing is about. :)

-John

17. tinkerwench

tinkerwench Jedi Youngling star 1

May 29, 2002
    Why not do the Cherokee park again?

It would solve the problem of crowds as the rest of the city will be downtown from the looks of it!

18. FarmboyKatarn

FarmboyKatarn Jedi Grand Master star 2

Feb 26, 2001
    BAH!! I just checked my calendar, it turns out I'll be in Michigan that whole week...frag. I guess I won't be able to make it, see you all next meeting.

19. ObiRoddy

ObiRoddy Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2002
    Would anyone be interested in a lunch meeting in addition to the weekend night meetings you have had and are discussing. Some of us have work schedules or other commitments that prevent meeting in the evening.

We could meet and different locations around town on a regular basis eat lunch and talk Star Wars.

Any interest??

20. Drk Father1

Mar 18, 1999
    I wouldn't mind meeting anyone at any time when it comes to star wars!

And maybe we should consider Cherokee Park again...we at least all know where to go, and parking isn't a problem. And we still have plenty of time to change the location...

21. Zam-the-Assasin

May 29, 2002
    YEa, I was just thinking about that waterfront thing again, and I am almost POSITIVE that parking will be a problem, the good thing is, Cherokee probably wont be as bad, since 4th of July will be over with and all......I think cherokee would be better, because no matter what, if we meet at the riverfront, we will all have to pay for parking, and I know that I cant really afford it :( **sigh**
    But......i guess we should all cast a vote on this.

22. obi-wan-bartak

obi-wan-bartak Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 26, 2001
    As Yoda would say, Clouded is our meeting location is , lol. Oh well i can meet anyone for a meeting, or meeting planning meeting.etc. Im in between jobs right now, so i have tons of extra time.

23. Bunny

Bunny Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2002
    The meeting is officially at Cherokee now, right? LOL! Just wanting to check. I think it's the best because of the crowding at the waterfront that weekend. :(
    Oh, and I'm BROKE too, Zam, so it's cool. I'm all in favour of free stuff. The free-er the better. LOL

24. Zam-the-Assasin

May 29, 2002
    Yay! Cherokee again! woo hoo! Im sure it will be much more fun this time around since we have more people! woo hoo ! [face_laugh]

25. Unicron

Apr 5, 2002
    I've been in Chicago since Thursday for the WizardWorld convention. It was pretty cool, but I was there mostly for "TransFormers" stuff rather than "Star Wars." Parks Sabres was there with a booth... man, how do they NOT get sued by Lucas? Oh well...

So, the meeting has been moved to Cherokee Park, is that right? If so I need to change it on the website, I guess. Cherokee Park, same place as last time, on Saturday, July 20, at 7:00 PM? Is that right?

Man, we have *GOT* to find some indoors place to hold regular meetings at so we don't have to go through this each time.

-John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.