Next Meeting?

Discussion in 'Killeen, TX' started by Jedi-Blade, Jul 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi-Blade Jedi Padawan

Ok did we say where the next meeting will be for sure? If so please say again for the older folks that don't hear to well.

2. Tandeer Jedi Knight

star 3
    You're not hard of hearing Keith, we never did decide! *L*

According to Brian, the Area Rep that I report to, if 3 of us go to the Austin party, we can count that as a meeting and be official!!!! Also, it doesn't have to be a MEETING, any event that we plan, that has at least 3 of us, will be considered a 3rd event and will get us Official! *S*

I will be going to the Austin Pool Party as I belong to that group as well. If our 2 single fella's decide to join me (HINT, HINT *L*), then that's 3 and we are official! *L* If not, how about we go ahead and close out this month with a Tuesday evening meeting and then start meeting on a Saturday in August?

OKAY... Here goes... Tell me what ya'll think or want to do. *S*

Whether or not 3 of us go to the Austin Pool Party, we will have our next meeting on Tuesday, July 23. The big question is WHERE? We should do it in Killeen, until we start on the weekends, then we can venture out to Temple, Harker Heights, Belton, Copperas Cove, until we find a permanent home for us. *S*

Any idea's on where to meet next time? It should be someplace relaxed, kid friendly and not expensive.

As for when to meet in August, bring your calendars to the last meeting in July and we'll figure it out! *S* All my Saturdays are booked except the 10th and the 24th. *S*

Another thing is, how OFTEN do we want to meet? Think about that please. *S*

I am still waiting on word from Aaron Allston about the Logo and I'm gonna buzz him again.

Let me know if anyone comes up with a poster idea or a place to hang them when we do get them. *S*

Debby
  3. britt1 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hi all! I probably will not be going to the pool party as Austin is a little far for me for an evening.

Don't really have a suggestion for the next meeting place per se. Does Applebees have a meeting room? What about CiCi's?

Saturday meetings in Aug are fine with me but I may be out of town on the 24th, not sure yet! I would really like to keep meeting twice a month if possible...gives me something to look forward to :)

We should also follow up with Ashley. She is a nice addition to the club.

Take care!
  4. Jedi-Blade Jedi Padawan

NO NO NO CiCI's people that place is a nightmare.

How about we try out the Gatti's Pizza place in Temple this time around. Like I said they have a seperate room thats closed off to the rest of the place. It's off of I35 going north. I think you know of the place Jim. Check it out since you live nearby. Ask for a kid named Corey tell him DieSki sent you. Now mind you he will have a few choice words to say but I am sure he will show you the meeting room. This room will hold about 40+ people. All we have to do is order a few pizza pie's and we are set. Corey is one of the managers there.
  5. RangerPrincess Jedi Master

star 4
    Interesting. I really don't know how it would fit in my tight schedule, I play things by ear mostly. If we do decide to do it in Temple or somewhere else besides Killeen, be sure to give me directions. *vbg*
    I really like the idea of us having our own little room to ourselves, grand idea.

--Ashley aka RangerPrincess

Edit: I know a couple of places were we might have our own room also, the question is, what type of food would you guys like? That is really important for me to know, also.

6. Tandeer Jedi Knight

star 3
    Do you really know of some resturants that have private rooms Ashley? I thought they were few and far between in Killeen. Speak up girlfriend! We need a Home!! *VBS*

I don't think the guys mind what kind of food, just so long as it's not expensive and the place is kid friendly. *S*
  7. britt1 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I haven't had the chance to go by Gattis yet but was talking with a co-worker and she saw roaches there while picking up her pizza this week. Just the thought of that grosses me out so I am not sure if we should consider them a viable option. Nobody has ever commented on the Starbucks idea. Not sure if you all like coffee or not but it is a nice place with tables inside and outside. I have seen people from church have their Bible Study's there. Anyway it is an idea.
    I did like the pizza place last time but wish it was on the east side of town :)
    I also may be bringing a friend with me this week. He works late a lot so hasn't been able to come yet.
  8. Tandeer Jedi Knight

star 3
    Well folks, since I totally lost track of the days here, lets meet at Jason's Deli again. It's large enough and open and is kid friendly. *S* Since this will be our last evening meeting, maybe we can come up with idea's for places to meet on the weekends that might not be open/viable on weeknights. *S* Everybody grab your calendars and let's pick some dates and scope out some diffeent places to meet. I'm anxious to hear what Ashley has in mind. *S*

3rd meeting...(makes us OFFICIAL!!!)
    Tuesday July 23rd
    Jason's Deli in Killeen
    7:00pm

Tell a friend, bring someone with you! *S*
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.