Next Official Meeting: February

Discussion in 'Nashville, TN' started by Elan-Rai, Jan 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus

star 4
    Just wanted to start a thread for our next meeting. We need discuss quite a bit of things for the months ahead.

2. T-Shirts for the Premiere
  3. The Official Line-up
  4. Which theater we are going to see EP2
  5. Details regarding Celebration

6. I am sure there is more to talk about, but I will edit this post and add more as we see fit. :D

Any ideas on a meeting time and date? I was thinking the first week in February would be nice. There would be plenty of time to get things in order before these events creep up on us. If everyone agrees, post the day you feel is best for you and then we'll take a quick vote on it. ;)
  7. k kanos Jedi Master

star 4
    Weekends are better for me, but knowing that Hama only has Tuesdays & Wednesdays off, I guess anytime after 6:30 p.m. on those days would be fine.
  8. Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus

star 4
    Hama's days will switch to Thursday and Friday off starting in February. Does a Friday night sound good to everyone?
  9. audiogirl21 Jedi Knight

star 3
    uhm...anytime Fri. is good for me.... i have class mon.-thurs til 6....
  10. Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus

star 4
    How about February 1st then?

If so, anyone have any suggestions as to where to meet? ;)
  11. k kanos Jedi Master

star 4
    How does Mexican sound? Maybe Cozymels or Rio Bravo? Both are off the Mallory Lane Exits In Cool Springs.

We could meet in the ice cream parlor at the Thoroughbred too.
  12. Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus

star 4
    I'll vote for Cozymel's since I LOVE that place. Our, like kanos said, the Thoroughbred's ice cream parlor. Whaddya think?
  13. Vee Force Ghost

star 3
    Can't make it -- I'm back at school (up in Martin), I have a job during the week now, and two huge assignments that will dominate my weekends until mid-March. But do let me know how things go.

However, I wanted to let you know that I got ahead of a full lobby of people Friday night at the Thoroughbred with Fandango.com tickets simply by holding up the printed-out e-mail confirmation to the back window of the ticket booth. Saved me twenty minutes in line and allowed me to actually get a seat. :D
  14. JediToren Jedi Master

star 4
  15. Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA

star 6
    Never been to Cozymel's. Whatever you guys decide is fine by me.
  16. Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus

star 4
    It is a coastal Mexican-style food. I think you'll enjoy it.

Any ideas on meeting grounds after we eat? I mean, I think Cozy's has a decent area. We'll just need to get there early enough (being as it's a Friday night) to reserve enough seats.

I need a running count of who all is in.
  17. k kanos Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm in. :) What time?

Vee, I'm glad somebody had success with Fandango.com You are the first that I know of. I wouldn't rely on them for SW Episode II tickets though. Besides, that kind of defeats the purpose of waiting in line with a great bunch of STAR WARS fans like us :D
  18. Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus

star 4
    7PM

Although, a few of us should get there earlier or call in to reserve enough seats.
  19. Lady-Rai Jedi Padawan

Lady-Rai and Baby-Rai shall be there to eat and listen as well. Because Baby LOVES Cozymel's. And Father-Rai (Elan) says the Baby has to be engulfed in Star Wars. Might as well start now. :D
  20. audiogirl21 Jedi Knight

star 3
    as of now, i can come....
  21. Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus

star 4
    Ok, as of now I have:

Elan-Rai
    Lady-Rai
    Hama-Ryu Kinnebi
    k kanos
    JediToren
    audiogirl21
    d8camjordan3
    justibone
    ChewieTitan
    Scruff
    ToyMaster

Let me know if I've left anyone out. ;)
  22. padmeamidala55 Jedi Master

star 4
    Unfortuntley I won't be able to come to the mtg in Feb.BUt i am sure somebody will tell me what happened. got to go for now see ya later
  23. Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus

star 4
    Thanks for stopping in, PA55.

One of us will fill you in on what we all discussed.
  24. Vee Force Ghost

star 3
    That was actually the second time I had success with Fandango. The first was the first Friday that LOTR was out. My parents live in Lewisburg and it's not a bad drive up, but being forty minutes down I-65 doesn't allow for youthful impulsiveness and Fandango makes sure we're not all sitting on the sidewalk eating fries and grumbling at each other until the next showing.

But of course, I wouldn't use it for SW. :D
  25. d8camjordan3 Jedi Master

star 4
    hey everyone i go to college in nashville and i may be able to make it to the restaurant but not to the movie in May because i will be back in memphis by then...
  26. Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus

star 4
    We'd be glad to have you, d8camjordan3.

If you are definitely coming, let me know. I am trying to keep a running count of who's coming so I can reserve seating. ;)
  27. justibone Jedi Padawan

I haven't posted here before, but I would like to be at the meeting on the 1st. I'll be driving up from 'bama (I work in Huntsville).
  28. ChewieTitan Force Ghost

star 2
    I'll be working that night, but I might can leave for the meeting and go back in to work afterwards. I've never been to Cool Springs. How far is it from Aerostuctures (Briley pkwy/Murf. rd. - next the airport)? What time would I need leave work to get there by 7:00?
  29. k kanos Jedi Master

star 4
    Welcome Justibone! That should be quite a drive for you. This sounds like it will be a good meeting.

Chewie Titan, it will probably take you about 20-25 minutes depending on Nashville Traffic. So you will probably need to leave between 6:30 and 6:40 p.m.
  30. Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus

star 4
    Hey Chewie, I don't know how long you get for lunch, but it'd take you EVERY BIT of 20 minutes or more to get there. And then, the meeting would be around a few hours I'd say. I'll add you to the list if you know for sure you'll be there. Hama, k kanos and myself will probably go up there early to make arrangements for reservations. Let us know what your plans are. ;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.