main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nash, TN Next Official Meeting: February

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Elan-Rai, Jan 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. obi_john

obi_john Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 5, 2001
    Well, I was holding out hope I would get to make it but I am going to be on call that weekend. I am trying to switch with the other guy so I can make it. Whts the latest I can let you know?

John

2. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    Probably the Wednesday before. I will probably call and make reservations Thursday night or early Friday.

3. ChewieTitan

ChewieTitan Jedi Master star 2

Dec 26, 2001
    I just get 30 minutes for lunch, but I was going to take a leave early. How would I get there from Aerostructure? I can get on I24 or I40 either one. Which would be the best, and how do I go from there?

4. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    Take 40 west to 440 west. Get off at 65 south and take that to Exit 69 (Moore's Lane). Go east on Moore's Lane to the restaurant.

5. Scruff

Scruff Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 1999
    I've been around TF.N a while, but new to this forum. Thought I should get to know some fans closer to home. I'll make every effort to be there.

6. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    Hey Scruff!!

Glad to hear from you! I'll add you to the list. ;)

7. Toymaster

Toymaster Jedi Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    Hello,

There is a good chance that I can make it to this. Since I'm the new guy and I won't recognize anybody, what name should I give them up front? Just wondering.

Thanks!
    -Toymaster

8. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    Why don't we call ourselves the "Lucas party"? It's kinda Star Wars-y, isn't likely to be duplicated by another group, and is technically correct (Lady-Rai's maiden name is Lucas). That way the host(ess) can seat us together, and we don't have to worry about trying to figure out who's who.

9. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    Lucas Party sounds good to me. ;)

10. k kanos

k kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

May 1, 2000
    Does one of our admins want to notify TFN of our upcoming meeting so they put it on the main page under the Fan Force city meetings? You could give a link to the website with directions. It's just a suggestion. :)

11. JediToren

JediToren Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2000
    I'm sure Hama can make the post since he is a global admin for FF.

12. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    So can Elan-Rai. He's got access to the announcement page.

13. Jagon Tor

Jagon Tor Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 26, 2000
    Hey! I never knew so many Star Wars fans lived so close. New to the forum, so be gentle, and save a seat for me and if posible my sultry wife...i love meetings...

14. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    I posted to FanForce.Net about a week ago, but I guess it got rounded off the page. I may have to add it again as a reminder.

15. k kanos

May 1, 2000
    This sounds as if it will be our largest meeting to date. This is GREAT that most of us in our Fan Force chapter are actually getting together as a group. For Episode I, we had great difficulty in gathering everyone together for a meeting. When we lined up for Episode I, just about everyone in our group didn't recognize each other. Moff Joker and I seemed to be one of the few who actually made a point of meeting in line. There really wasn't a cohesiveness to our group then. I think our experience in line for Episode II may far surpass that of Episode I. This is going to Rock big time! :D

I think Hama and Elan rai would agree with me when I thank everyone ahead of time who is making an effort to attend the meeting on February 1st at Cozymels. Your presence and input are much appreciated. It should definitely make our time at the SW Celebration and waiting in line for tickets for Episode II a more enjoyable experience for everyone. :)

Thanks for suggesting it Elan-rai!

16. RocketX

RocketX Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 24, 2002
    Hi, I just found out about this group. What kinds of things do you do? How often are meetings, etc?

17. k kanos

May 1, 2000
    This quote from our website at Nashvilleforce.com probably says it best:

"While this community's roots are in the FanForce city forums, the purpose of all FanForce chapters is to connect with and form a family of local Star Wars fans that host and participate in events. Every so often we get together as a group to do a FanForce Event. An event might be something as simple as getting a bite to eat at a local restaurant, or going to see a movie as a group. But every few months there are opportunities for major events such as camping out for next Star Wars movie or attending a a Science-Fiction convention."

You are more than welcome to join us at Cozymels on February 1st at 7:00 p.m. :)

18. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    I posted to FanForce.Net about a week ago, but I guess it got rounded off the page. I may have to add it again as a reminder.

It's still in the archive. Just change the date on it, and it will get bumped to the top.

19. MatRags

MatRags Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2001
    Howdy Nashville from AR
    I'd luv to come to your meeting but I seem to be stuck in this barren state.

I just wish more fans in AR would come out frome under their rocks lol.

Have a great meeting,
    David "Mat Rags"

20. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    Hey all! :)

Hama, I was feeling helpful, so I bumped Nashville's announcement back up to the top of the FanForce main page. ;)

Have a great meeting, y'all! :)

21. ChewieTitan

ChewieTitan Jedi Master star 2

Dec 26, 2001
    I'm going to take off work for meeting instead of leaving for a couple of hours. I'll be coming up I24 toward Murfrees. How do I go from there? Is the restraunt close to Cool Springs Gallery? I've never been there before, is Cool Springs like a mall with clothing stores? My wife is going with me and we are going early and shop before the meeting.

22. Scruff

Scruff Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 1999
    Chewie, if you're coming from Nashville, you should take I-65, not I-24. (towards Franklin) On the other hand, if you come up to Murfreesboro from somewhere further East or South, then take the new 840 to Franklin. (or Hwy 96)

23. padmeamidala55

padmeamidala55 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2001
    you guys are going to have fun, Wish I could be there, but i am sure somebody will tell me what happens. Well guys have fun

24. d8camjordan3

d8camjordan3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    i just want to make sure none of you are serial killers

lol

25. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    i just want to make sure none of you are serial killers

Well, Elan-Rai is, but I've got him under control. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.