Nash, TN Next Official Meeting: February

Discussion in 'South East Regional Discussion' started by Elan-Rai, Jan 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. k kanos Jedi Padawan

star 4
    We have Hama to dispose of them if there are. That's the only reason we allow him to hang around [face_laugh] :p
  2. obi_john Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Ok, count me in. I am 95% sure I will be able to make it barring any unforseen problems. Looking forward to put faces with names.

John
  3. Aztecwizard Jedi Youngling

Greetings to One and All, I am very interested in joining this group and would like to attend the meeting at Cozymel's on Friday, Feb 1st. I did show up at Jillian's on New Year's Eve (I was unaware of this forum at the time, I just went by the notice on The Force.net). Anyway, are there any other requirements other than a love of Star Wars? Thanks!
  4. padmeamidala55 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    welcome to the fanforce, you just have to enjoy yourself here that is the one requirment. You will just have to get used to this crazy group.
  5. d8camjordan3 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    MAKE SURE YOU BRING YOUR 10 DOLLAR MEMBERSHIP FEE. THIS WILL COVER ALL EXPENSES!
  6. JediToren Jedi Master

star 4
    "MAKE SURE YOU BRING YOUR 10 DOLLAR MEMBERSHIP FEE. THIS WILL COVER ALL EXPENSES!"

Just to make things clear there is no membership fee. Some of us have chosen to pitch in and pay for website costs once per year. That is really the only fee that exists.
  7. RocketX Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I just can get away to be there. I'm in Nashville and by the time I finish up and hit the highway it will be late (and I probably will not be any fun) Will someone post a breakdown of what went on? When is the next time everyone will meet?
  8. Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA

star 6
    There is no membership fee, though it is customary to bring a tribute of hot wings to FanForce Global Support staff. ;)

I'm sure at least one of us will post a recap of what went on at the restaurant. We plan all different events at different times, and if there is something you'd like to do that would fit in your schedule, feel free to suggest/post it. When a group gets to be more than a couple of members in size, there's no way everyone can make it on a given day of the week or time of day. We'll try to mix things up in order for everyone to be able to participate in something.
  9. JediToren Jedi Master

star 4
    BTW, how expensive is Cozymels?
  10. k kanos Jedi Padawan

star 4
    It's about equivalent to what Rio Bravo's prices are. For entres probably around $7-$9. Add your soda + gratuity and your look at around $10- $12. I think they have cheaper dishes like just tacos, burritos and such also. I haven't been there in a few months, so I can't exactly remember.
  11. k kanos Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Well, let's try this again (dooky board deleted my post! :p )

(Edit) Nope, it just threw it to a new page without showing that page yet. Sorry :)
  12. guber Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Hey yall I'm new and plan on attending the meeting with a friend of mine. We will be leaving from Knoxville in the middle of rush hour so we might be a little late.
  13. Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus

star 4
    Ok, just to give everyone the heads up: Cozymel's won't accept reservations on Fridays and Saturdays. SO, some of us need to get there early (around 6-6:30) and just state we need tables for 10-15 people. They can get crowded sometimes, so try to get there a little early if possible. There are some things I have to do this afternoon, so I might be able to swing 6:30, but 7 at the latest. I will stay in touch with Dylan (Hama) on my whereabouts.
  14. k kanos Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Since I live so close, I'll try to get there by 6:30 and reserve a table(s). I'll let them know that we are the "Lucas" group. So you can ask the hostess when you come in where our group is sitting.
  15. audiogirl21 Jedi Youngling

star 3
    hey all,

you probly won't get this till after, but, sadly, i'm not going to make it. :( grrr.(i've been pretty sick for the last few days...)..i was really looking forward to meeting you all, but..another time. :)
    have fun!
  16. JediToren Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeup we missed you. 12 people showed up, it was fantastic! We ended up paying for our shirts, disucssing plans for Ep2 and SWC2, costumes, and we decided on having a meeting on the first friday of every month.
  17. k kanos Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Needless to say (but I will anyway ;) ), we will NOT be having a meeting in May, as many of us will be at the SW Celebration in INDY. It was however mentioned that we might try getting together at the TRU in Cool springs for the release of the AOTC toys at midnight April 22 (Sunday night).
  18. Aztecwizard Jedi Youngling

Hey everybody,
    Just wanted to say I enjoyed the meeting and getting to meet everybody. I think we have a great group. I am very excited about having a contingency of fellow Star Wars enthusiasts locally. I look forward to the future events and of course AOTC!!!

Aztecwizard a.k.a. Napoleon
  19. k kanos Jedi Padawan

star 4
    It really is remarkable AztecWizard! As many people as we had line-up for Episode I, I was disappointed that we could never really get together and get much accomplished as a group back then. I'm glad to see that the coming of Episode II had brought about not only a resurgence of interest in STAR WARS, but also finally brought us together as a group. I think we have Hama & Elan-rai to thank for that. :)

BTW, I was mistaken about the AOTC toys release date. It is April 23, not 22, which means Monday night at 12:00 the toys should go on sale at TRU:

"STAR WARS: The legendary saga continues when Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones hits the screen on May 16, 2002. Just as it has since Star Wars debuted 25 years ago, Hasbro's Star Wars line is designed to ignite the imaginations of kids and fans everywhere, putting "The Force" right in their hands. On April 23rd, retailers nationwide will introduce Hasbro's exclusive Attack of the Clones product line. Action figures and vehicles equipped with innovative features, and games from hand-held to trading card games are only the beginning of a universe that lets every fan young and old re-live the experience again and again."

20. Scruff Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I didn't even know this group was around three years ago. Ok, I just found out a few weeks ago, but I plan to be an active participant.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.