main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nash, TN Next official meeting: March

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Scruff, Feb 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scruff

Scruff Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 1999
    Is it too early to start working out details?

2. JediToren

JediToren Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2000
    Some of the places we discussed were Shonies, since they have good cheap food and its much quieter there than it was at Cozymels. Napolean (Aztecwizard) suggested we could do it at his work.
    Personally I prefer the atmosphere of a resteraunt, especially Shonies since there is something for everyone to eat there.

I liked the schedule we had last time, either Friday, March 1st or Saturday, March 2nd at 7pm until whenever we decide to wrap it up.

So post with the following info:
    1) Which days can you do
    2) Where you would like to do it (Shonies or Napolean's office)

Right now it looks as if I can do both days, and I prefer Shonies.

3. k kanos

k kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

May 1, 2000
    Not at all Scruff ;) . In fact I was going to post something about that by the end of the week. Friday might be better for me. Where is Shonies?

Unless a catastrophe happens, the shirts will be ready for the meeting :)

4. padmeamidala55

padmeamidala55 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2001
    I can't join you guys then, but don't forget that some of us are mtg tommorrow outside of my building.

5. Toymaster

Toymaster Jedi Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    Friday would be best for me, but I could do Saturday if I had to. Either place is fine as well (can you tell I'm easily satisfied?). Which Shoney's would we go to? The one in Bellevue is pretty nice. I plan on bringing some photos from the Magic of Myth as well as some other cool stuff this time.

See everybody there!
    -Toymaster

6. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    Somewhere in South Nashville or Cool Springs would probably be fairly centrally located for everyone. Whichever we decide on, post an address and directions on how to get there (from a major road).

7. Scruff

May 25, 1999
    Friday or Saturday would work equally well for me.

8. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    Any Friday and Saturday is good for me except for March 8th and 9th.

There is a Shoney's in Franklin on Murfreesboro Road (96) off of I65.

There is also another one off I65 @ Old Hickory Blvd (across from the Waffle House. This is in Brentwood).

9. audiogirl21

audiogirl21 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2001
    march 1st would be better for me (the 2nd is my birthday, plus i think i have a studio lab anyway. ;) )

shoneys sounds good...either franklin or...was it brentwood/coolsprings? ...

10. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    Friday would be best for me as well.

11. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    The Shoney's is in either Franklin or Brentwood... There are no locations in Cool Springs that I know of...

12. JediToren

Mar 20, 2000
    Well I'll put in my vote for the Brentwood location, mainly because its very close to me. It's pretty close to the freeway, I'de say 100-200 feet from the nearest I-65 exit. It's pretty easy to find, it's next to a Captain D's and there is an AmeriSuites behind it.

13. Scruff

May 25, 1999
    Last meeting was at 7:00PM. Should we stick to that, or does anyone have an alternate suggestion?

14. JediToren

Mar 20, 2000
    I think 7pm is a good time and unless anyone has any objections then we should stick with it.

BTW, we need to vote, do we do this on Friday March 1st or Saturday March 2nd? I vote for Friday March 1st but I can make it to either one.

15. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    I'll vote Friday, March 1st.

16. Scruff

May 25, 1999
    Friday, March 1st, Shoney's at Brentwood exit works for me.

17. Toymaster

Jan 19, 2002
    Friday at 7:00 at the Brentwood Shoney's sounds great to me. Should we call ahead and try to get a party room for, say 15 people? That may give us a little more privacy so that we could hear each other talk. Just a suggestion.

-Toymaster

18. k kanos

k kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

May 1, 2000
    It would appear that Friday, March 1st would be best for most people. Let's tentatively schedule for then unless there are weather, traffic, or construction problems. ;)

As far as the agenda goes, I can think of a few things we could discuss:

1) Getting together for the final AOTC trailer. It's supposed to be attached to 'Ice Age' on March 15th (Friday).

2) A few of us need to go talk to the new manager at the Thourougbred about lining up for tickets on or around that time. So far, Hama, Elan-rai, and myslef are planning on going. Hama is off Thursdays and Fridays, so we will probably talk to her then.

3) Costumes. I know that some of us are planning to meet earlier to discuss this, but it might be cool also to bring some home made props and costumes to show what can be done. It sounds like Jedi Toren really know his jedi costumes. Scruff talked about home made lightsabers I thought.

4) Collecting. AOTC preview figures should be hitting shelves in the next few weeks. Where are the being released and who is closest to what stores. It would be cool if everyone in our group who wanted some figures could get them by us collaborating together.

Any other suggestions?

Jumping ahead a little bit- In our April meeting I can think of several things to discuss:

1) AOTC toys are released at midnight, April 23 . Meeting up and where. Collecting in general.

2) Celebration 2. Traveling, costumes, accomodations, meeting up sometime during the convention.

3) When are we lining up. Who's bringing what?

4) Media blitz release, flyers, etc..

19. Scruff

May 25, 1999
    Do we want to tell them we are the "Lucas" party again, or do we want soemthing else? (at Shoney's)

20. JediToren

Mar 20, 2000
    "it might be cool also to bring some home made props and costumes to show what can be done"

I will bring my lightsabres, some spare sabre parts I have bought, and my Jedi pouches. I can't really bring my boots because they are kinda big and I wouldn't have a place to put them at the resteraunt, other than wearing them that is.

21. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    other than wearing them that is.

Yeah, we might have another IHOP incident... [face_laugh]

22. Toymaster

Jan 19, 2002
    So do we want to go ahead and reserve the party room?

23. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    I think the "Lucas party" worked pretty well.

24. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    Scott, you want to go ahead with the reservation?

25. guber

guber Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 22, 2002
    I would like to like to attend but I won't know for sure if I can make it until closer to the meeting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.