Sac, CA Next official meeting: October 31st at 10:30 pm at the Esquire IMAX in Sacramento

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Aunt Jar Jar Mimah, Oct 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aunt Jar Jar Mimah Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I know we already have a good IMAX thread, but I wanted a title announcing a meeting to catch everyone's eye.

The Esquire IMAX confirmed they'd release the movie at midnight for us, so we're going to meet at 10:30 right in front of the theater. A large group from the 501st will be there in costume, and we're encouraged to dress up as well. The movie should be amazing, and it should be a great time for all.

Nobody needs to be in bed before 3:00 AM the next morning, I assure you. This is a once in a life time experience!! (okay, or twice if he makes the next movie into IMAX).

I can't wait!! I'll see everyone there!! :D :D :D
  2. JoeSunrider Jedi Master

star 4
    Count me in, definitely. Not sure if the girlfriend can come due to school, but I will be there no matter what.
  3. Elvish_Jedi Jedi Master

star 2
    i don't care about school the next day. i'll be there!
  4. TionneHawk Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Hell yes Elvish!!! I will be there regardless of my statistics class the next day.
  5. Aunt Jar Jar Mimah Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Woo-hoo! :D

Sleep is for wimps!
  6. pacman Jedi Knight

star 1
    what? and like going to class on an hour's worth of sleep in a new thing for me? :)
  7. Jeremyguy Jedi Master

star 4
    Sounds good.

Elvish - good luck convincing Mom. :p
  8. Elvish_Jedi Jedi Master

star 2
  9. sacul-1138 Jedi Youngling

star 5
    I'm really curious about how the movie will change. I read that Lucas needs to cut About 20min from the film. (don't ask me why)

I'll be there. not sure if I'll be dressed up or not (kinda doubt it)

Warren Zevon once said "I'll sleep when I'm dead"
    Which is really strange now since He's dying.

(realizes 75% of the people reading that don't know who Warren Zevon is..and runs away)
  10. JoeSunrider Jedi Master

star 4
    We're all showing up in costume, right? Cuz the girlfriend and I are gonna be Anakin and Padme for Halloween. Anyone gonna alert the local news or anything?
  11. pacman Jedi Knight

star 1
  12. TionneHawk Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I'll be in costume Joe and the 501st most definitely will. ;) I'm not sure how we would go about alerting local news...Auntie, any ideas??
  13. JoeSunrider Jedi Master

star 4
    The only reason I bring up the news is because Auntie said something about LucasFilm wanting us to promote the IMAX version. Wanna fill us in, Auntie?
  14. TionneHawk Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I remember her saying something about that too at Sunrise Mall. If Lucasfilm knows its fans, they will be prime advertising fodder.
  15. qui-gundi_14 Jedi Knight

star 1
    that school thing is a real bust. but i don't care i'm going my brother and i will definetly be there on the 31st.
  16. qui-gundi_14 Jedi Knight

star 1
    does anyone know how much this costs
    cause i need to know so i can riase the money
  17. Aunt Jar Jar Mimah Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I'll contact the 4 local tv stations and KFBK (radio news station) as well as the Bee. We'll see if anyone is interested.

Qui_Gundi, IMAX tickets are generally a little more than a regular movie ticket. I bet it'll be about $10.

Lucasfilm would very much like us to make a website, if anyone is interested. It could just link us, the 501st, the Esquire ImAX and maybe a yahoo maps site for directions. There's talk that they will reward us for hyping the event, but I don't know if that'll actually happen.

18. JoeSunrider Jedi Master

star 4
    Hmmm...I have a paper to write tonight, but maybe I can get the bare bones of a website up. Any particular Rogue Force logos I should use?

EDIT: When do tickets go on sale? Do we pre-order them, or do we just wait in line before the first showing?
  19. MattesKrymsod Jedi Knight

star 2
    KFBK, eh?
    Reward, eh?
    Eh, eh?

Hmm, I really really hope I get to go.
  20. JoeSunrider Jedi Master

star 4
    Get to? What would prevent you from going?
  21. Aunt Jar Jar Mimah Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    As we get closer, they might be available via fandango. Let's keep checking.

Joe, that's great. I just heard from a 501st guy that he's interested in doing a website too. I'll send you his e-mail address, if you're interested in working together.
  22. JoeSunrider Jedi Master

star 4
    Auntie, you GOTTA post the second we know when tickets go on sale. No way I'm missing this.
  23. qui-gundi_14 Jedi Knight

star 1
    i can put it upon my website to tell poeple
  24. Master_Jedi_Cecil Jedi Master

star 1
    Hmmm. the 31st is a thursday. hey. it's halloween! i'm not sure if i can make it. some relatives who will be visiting are leaving that day. does anybody know how long EPII will be at the IMAX?

25. fn_clone Jedi Knight

star 3
    Just dropping in to let you guys know that I'll be there. I reserved my ticket this afternoon. Oh yeah, if anyone didn't know, you can order tickets online and they'll hold them for you at the box office there. I definitely have one friend coming with me and a possibility of a few more. I'm pretty excited about it.

I guess I'll throw something else out right now. There's going to be a youth rally (any age is more then welcome) this Friday the 18th at a church I'm involved in. There will be probably around 100 or so people there, at least that's what I'm told. But yeah, if anyone is interested at all, just send me an email at jon@madballoon.com and I'll give you the details.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.