main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA Next official meeting: October 31st at 10:30 pm at the Esquire IMAX in Sacramento

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Aunt Jar Jar Mimah, Oct 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sacul-1138

sacul-1138 Jedi Youngling star 5

Nov 9, 2000
    For a second I thought you meant you got into a crash and I felt bad for jumping to hyperspace on you after the causeway.

Whew!

But no problem can't let a fellow davis flatlander to get lost could I?

The film was great, I was hoping to get more filming and pics but I know lots of other pics were taken so I'm cool.

I'd love copies of any pics that anyone might have from last night.

The movie was freakin out of this world, the edit was strange and felt like something was missing but all in all it was a good edit, almost everything taken out was something I would have picked...almost.

AND
    The sound rattled the bones I tell ya!!

So out of five death stars I give it five and half death stars!!! (the extra half was for the 3 fot ant and 10 foot long lint on the screen)

2. Aunt Jar Jar Mimah

Aunt Jar Jar Mimah Jedi Master star 5

Oct 10, 1999
    I have three from Pacman that I've already sent to Lucasfilm. I think my Yahoo account may have blocked him from sending more large files. I saved them on my hardrive though, and delted his old e-mail. Pat, if you're out there. Send me more! And did you forward everything to Lucasfilm? I sent the three you sent me, so I could be certain we didn't miss their 12:00 deadline.

Who can I e-mail these pictures and have you host them, so we can post them here?

I just forwarded them to Chris at the 501st too.

3. MattesKrymsod

MattesKrymsod Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 14, 2002
    Beware the flash in the sky!

4. Aunt Jar Jar Mimah

Oct 10, 1999
    One of the Lucasfilm guys just wrote back 'thanks' for all of our work and for the pictures. :D

The pictures they have up at the site now were older pictures, I'm almost certain. I'm eager to see when they update sw.com with new pictures from last night.

Anyone else needing another hit of caffine to get them through the next few hours? I'm dying here! :)

5. crutag-ventor

crutag-ventor Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2002
    It was a blast to see everybody last night! And Storm Troopers are so cool.

6. pacman

pacman Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 17, 2002
    Alrighty, i sent a whole bunch of pics to the Lucasfilm guys, and i "tried" to email auntie the same set but apparently her email client doesn't like me, so I got all of them back.

Since the files are pretty big, and since I sent 12 good pics to Lucasfilm, maybe we should just wait until they update the page and then you guys can download them from there. If not, i'll be more than happy to send them out, except me and my slow dial up connection might take awhile to get them out.

I'm really curious which ones are going to make it on Starwars.com. Update already!! I can't take it any longer! :)

7. Lord_Darth_Vader

Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2001
    I've already got emails from the web site. I need pictures to upload them on our web site!! People wanna see pictures!!! Pac, send me at least one or two if you can right now.

8. count-de-monet

count-de-monet Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 26, 2001
    LDV, I sent you a Pic of me and the Man Leia, pretty funny stuff.

9. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    OMG count!!!!! that is too funny!!!! Its going up on the web site bro!!!!

10. bigdigs266

bigdigs266 Jedi Master star 1

Mar 16, 2002
    I was the "Bearded Leia" not a "Man Leia", I can't wait to see the pic's too.

It was fun last night wasnt' it?

Jason in Sac.

11. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    Hahah, no I made it home safe and sound Sacul. Thanks though!

"Did anyone see that flash in the sky?" We should have taken a picture of that guy. Too funny.

I wanna see pictures!!! I didn't even begin to use up my roll...so I can;t get mine developed yet. I'll let you know when I do

12. pacman

Jan 17, 2002
    Who ever wants me to send them the set of pics i sent Lucasfilm needs to PM me thier email address ASAP. I want to email all of them out while I'm at work tomorrow on their high speed connection.

For those of you who want a set of pics, be prepared for a series of large emails from me. My client, being the pick of junk it is, won't let me send files larger than 3 megs, so i have to break the files up.

13. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    Yo pacman...

I PM'd you and gave you my addy... ?????

14. Aunt Jar Jar Mimah

Oct 10, 1999
    Well you looked great bearded Leia. We were all impressed. I know your picture went to Lucasfilm, darn them for not posting you on the official site! You looked great. :D Welcome to the online boards. I hope you can make it to our next event.

15. bigdigs266

bigdigs266 Jedi Master star 1

Mar 16, 2002
    At first I was going for the George Lucas look but in one week my beard was not going to gray enough. So the bearded Leia came to me as a last minute idea. I'm glad you all could laugh at me. :) I know i was laughing.
    Jason in Sac

16. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    Bigdigs...... you and sacul are up on the Sac Valley Rogue Force site. ;)

Look under passed events

17. Aunt Jar Jar Mimah

Oct 10, 1999
    Sweet! :)

Pacman, we need the rest of the pictures hosted somewhere. How did the pictures from the top of the parking structure turn out?

18. Aunt Jar Jar Mimah

Oct 10, 1999
    Going as George would be cool. You'd have to white out some of your hair and beard though, and wear a pillow for a belly! :) That'd be great to be a George look-alike at a Celebration.

19. Obi1kenny

Obi1kenny Jedi Youngling star 1

May 10, 2002
    Hey Jennifer, (I think I got the name right?) anyhow it was great to meet you on Saturday the rest of your group should have come out to hang that day. I didn?t make it up there all that way until Sat. so missed meeting everyone. But the all day event was great except for Mark being a few hours late.

And the movie was huge!

We hope to work with you guys again, you bunch of rebel scum you.

-Ken ?TK-4321
    501st CCG, PR Modesto Squad

Here are some pics that Mark posted else where:

The bright neon lights of the Esquire IMAX Theatre in Downtown Sacramento.
    [image=http://www.wackychimp.com/uploads/Esquire002.jpg]

Ladies dig the troops
    [image=http://www.wackychimp.com/uploads/Esquire005.jpg]

Hanging with some members of the Sacramento Fan Force
    [image=http://www.wackychimp.com/uploads/Esquire012.jpg]

Oh my gosh, it's Maj. Anthony Nelson and Jeannie
    [image=http://www.wackychimp.com/uploads/Esquire015.jpg]

20. crutag-ventor

crutag-ventor Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2002
    I haven?t seen anybody mention that we are the first pictures on starwars.com and on the home page.

21. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    We are just too cool. There are more pics on Starwars.com by the way. Including a couple more of Sac from the weekend.

22. Obi1kenny

Obi1kenny Jedi Youngling star 1

May 10, 2002
    Right you are. Here is the direct link:
    http://www.starwars.com/episode-ii/news/2002/11/news20021104.html

And a pic of me finally made it on that page too. I'm in trooper next the the my very own Princess, on Vader's right.

[image=http://bikerscout.net/albums/album61/aav.jpg]

23. Aunt Jar Jar Mimah

Oct 10, 1999
    Hi Kenny! It was nice to meet you and others in your group I hadn't yet met. :) I'm a huge 501st fan and look forward to our groups interacting more in the future.

Oh yeah, we Sacramento fans rock. :D

24. pacman

Jan 17, 2002
    Well since all of the emails i sent with the pics i took got returned to me, except LDV, probably the best way to get a hold of the pics is wait until LDV puts them up on the web page.

5k emails acounts are EVIL!

25. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    I got the first three sets Pacman. And I have since cleaned up my mailbox so there's room for more ;) The pics look awesome by the way!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.