1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events: Supanova: Sydney (17th-19th June), Perth (24th-26th June)

Oz Comic Con: Melbourne (11th-12th June), Sydney (10th-11th September)

FF:WA Next Outer Rim Committee Meeting

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Darth_Soup, May 15, 2002.

?

Next Outer Rim Committee Meeting

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
Sat 18th of May 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Sun 19th May 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Fri 24th May 1 vote(s) 7.7%
Sat 25th May 8 vote(s) 61.5%
Sun 26th May 4 vote(s) 30.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Soup Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Well If you don't mind doing the whole Pizza after thingy, we could do this meeting at your place if it is convenient for you.....

We will just have to find a lift....

DS
  2. SithLeia Jedi Youngling

star 4
    So which place is it at?

LD is giving a lift to toniwaan, cause i thought we were going to DS & FA's place, what do i tell the person that sent me an email yesterday , where the next meet is, cause i've gave them DS & FA's address.
  3. DavidTBrookes Jedi Youngling

star 1
    When will we have confirmation on when and where the next meeting is because I want to attend so I need to know so I plan my movements??? Can someone email me to let me know???

Thanks.
  4. soneil Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Having it here is fine. Wherever it is, I'm sure we'll confirm it and post the address at least by Thursday. Our place is in Dianella near the Galleria anyway.
    I could pop out and pick up DS & FA and a couple of other people that aren't too far out of the way while Susie holds the fort for the early comers. People did taxi runs for me when we didn't have a car so I don't mind doing it now. :)
  5. FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Padawan

star 4
    That'd be fantastic soneil :)

Do you need people to bring chairs? Or do you think you'll have enough chairs there for everyone?
  6. SithLeia Jedi Youngling

star 4
    thanks guys and girls, i just wanted to get it sorted out so i could tell these two guys where abouts to go :)
  7. Darth_Soup Jedi Youngling

star 3
    OK then, official post type thing!!!

Date: Sat 25th of May
    Time: 7.30pm
    Location: Soneil's Place, He can either post it on here or PM him for the address....

Hope to see everyone there....

DS
  8. soneil Jedi Padawan

star 4
    We should have plenty of chairs. We've got a dozen inside plus the ones from outside if there end up being that many people (might be a little cozy with that many though :) ).
    The address is:

41b Kensington Ave
    Dianella

Our street's off Wellington Rd, just down from the Galleria.

If you need more details, phone me (steve) or Princess Lego (susie) on
    9275 4792 (try this one first)
    Or 0400 660 061

As I said, I can pick up DS and FA. I can also pick up 2 more people if they're in the same general area.
    If anyone needs a lift then post here. Say the area you live in and we'll see if we can send someone out your way. I'd hate for anyone to miss it because the can't get there. We've got several people coming from very different directions so chances are, there's someone not too far off your course. DS mentioned pizza. For the new folks, we usually put in about $5 each for anyone who wants to order pizza at the end of the meeting so bring some cash if you want to eat. :)
  9. Aztek Jedi Master

star 4
    You got transport problems SK ?
  10. DavidTBrookes Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Just letting everyone know that I should be there. I just have to organize my movements for the weekend.
  11. Master_Kaustin Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Hey all,

I live in Victoria Park, And should be going to the meeting... If someone would just tell me the night it would be good... and if any1 needs a lift.. i have a few seats... call me or email me

0438901924 or darranprice@telstra.com
  12. FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Read a few posts up... Saturday 25th of May.
  13. MarkI Former TFN Games Staff

VIP
    star 1
    Like I've mentioned before, I live in Leeming and transport is a problem (from everyone's addresses here I feel like I'm on the other side of the world!!) Just kidding. Can anyone help?
  14. Dingbat Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Anyone here live near, going through, or willing to go to Mt. Claremont? I think I'll be in need of liftage also.
  15. Stinky_jawa Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Im in the general area of FA & DS! (hmm, that didnt come out right ;) )

but u have to be willing to go down herdsman parade.. talk about chaos.. the roads being ripped up left right and centre. If you want a clean car.. this is not the route for you ;)

Any takers?
  16. SoulKrusher Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Hmmmm, ok look I've said this before and I've been ignored so I'll say it again, lets hope people dont take this the wrong way thou, I mean no offence by it.

The last three posts have been from people that need lifts to these places. I know how hard it is to make your way because in the past people have gotten upset with me as I haven't shown. This is going to be a big problem in the future I think, especially if more younger members come on board. There must be a way around this to make it easy for people.

Yes there is public transport available and the train line seems to be the way to go. But when you have to catch a bus at night, very dodgey stuff. Unless there is someone out there willing to pick all these people up, people will be missin out. If people want to come then yes they have to make their own way there HOWEVER lets make the meeting place somewhere more convient, more accessible. With this growing number of people, we will need places that cater for larger amounts. We are expanding so its time for change.

I have a question as well: Why is it that all these meets happen on a Friday or Saturday night? Why? I don't know how many other people work or have problems with attending at night but I just think that we should have some day stuff. Catching trains & busses would be easier thats for sure. I no longer have this problem now thou as I have a car <phew> but it is a problem for some other people out there.

You other people that will have problems, can you suggest anything that would make it easier for yourselves? In the past I didnt speak up & look what happen, so please tell someone if this sort of thing bother's you. I just don't want the same problem that happen to me to happen to other people, its not very pleasant.

If we want to expand nows the time to make the changes. I've said it again.... Your call!

EDIT: <sorry if I upset people but we do have a problem here, it will only get bigger>

MARKI: Leeming ay? Welcome to the Outer Rim, I'm north of Joondalup.
  17. FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Padawan

star 4
    With P.O.G.S (Perth Order of Gothic Societies) our first meeting was at the Moon (no, I'm not joking. There is a café called the Moon). It has a large number of chairs, it's not too noisy to have a meeting, and it's in the city (well, Northbridge really). It's just opposite the central TAFE campus... They're open Monday to Friday (5pm till late) and Saturday and Sunday (11am till late).

They are a little pricey, but you get a basket of chips that will generally fill up 2 or more people... It's a really nice place... And the train station isn't that far from it, and it's open during the day on Saturdays and Sundays...

Just a suggestion... :D
  18. Kartanym Jedi Knight

star 6
    I'd prefer something during the day in the city somewhere. It's easier for me to get to and the transport at that time is better.

Might I make a suggestion to push the meeting back to next saturday, so we can sort all this out.
  19. Loadeddog Jedi Youngling

star 2
    I sugest we look into booking Fast Eddie's meeting room
    I don't think it costs at all
  20. FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Damnit! If I'd read that a couple of minutes earlier I could have asked Jester about the cost of Eddies... Oh well, he'll be on in a bit, so he might be able to answer that.. :)

As for pushing the meeting back, I don't think that will be workable... There is a lot of things that need to be discussed. If there are a lot of people that can't make it because of transport issues, we can discuss having the meetings at a different place at the meeting, and then get back to everyone about it. If not, we can maybe book the Eddies meeting room for tomorrow or something like that...

But hey, I'm not in charge, that's just my 2 cents worth... *looks at Darth_Soup* Your turn... :D
  21. Clone_Magician Jedi Youngling

Just taking this oppurtunity to remind everyone that the OR Quiz night is on Saturday the 1st of June at 5PM at the Peninsula hotel, Maylands.

That is, NEXT Saturday, just making sure ppl don't go double book themselves ;)

EDIT: actually, JL is correct, nothing to see here, move along...
  22. SithLeia Jedi Youngling

star 4
    I thought it was the 2nd of June, Sunday night?
  23. Darth_Soup Jedi Youngling

star 3
    In answer to many questions.... No the meeting cannot be pushed back, we havent had a committee meeting in months and I have a load of stuff to get organised and for a large chunk of it, it needs to be organised before the Quiz Night.

Secondly, SK, you have valid points, but next time bring them up at the meeting where they can be efficiently discussed. And the main problem you had with getting to meetings is that you never asked for a lift.....

And the reasoning behind having the meets at night: Most people work during the day, and we have to attempt to cater for everyone, so therefore the logical time to have the meetings is at night.

As this is one of the major things I wish to talk about, and it concerns everyone, especially the people who can't make it, If you can't make it tomorrow night, send me your opinions on when/where we should hold the meeting, via e-mail (president@outerrim.ii.net) or PM, and we will discuss it with all members who are present.

It is easy to give your opinion even if you are not there......

DS
  24. Sith_Jester Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Eddys- you need to book in advance and I *think* you get either a discount or free coffee for each person if the booking is for more than nine -HOWEVER- this is a vague recollection as I was not planning on organising anything at the time I read the leaflet and stored it in my FRAM instead of my IMRROM.

Call them and find out... and don't worry about the time they are always open :p

Fast Eddys
    (08) 9321 9455
  25. soneil Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Dingbat and SJ. You're not all that far out of my way if I'm picking up DS and FA so I could include you guys too. Anyway, give me a call to confirm if you want lifts and to let me know where to go to pick you up. I kinda know where you live SJ but not the exact number.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.