main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

next two 72 hour fanfilms

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by SilverFox0440, Aug 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SilverFox0440

SilverFox0440 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2001
    im going to make one this labor-day weekend, just because i have the time. I know most americans do too, so feel free to make any sort of movie you want this weekend, and ill host them and we'll have real forum poll, to vote. also, in friday the 6th we'll start another one. im just going to announce this weekend's item now: a soda can. haha, that'll be funny. well see ya. im not expecting a lot of participants this time around, but on the 6th, expect a big turnout.

2. Lord_Homer

Lord_Homer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 2002
    I might paticipate in this........but it's a maybe. I'll tell you for sure tomorrow. All depends on the ammount of homework I am given [face_plain] Damn schools [face_plain] :p Anyway.........

3. SilverFox0440

Nov 28, 2001
    It's cool. I'm in the same spot right now.

4. Lord_Homer

Apr 30, 2002
    I don't have much homework, so I may just participate. If I get this thing done, I do, if I don't, I don't. It's all for fun anyway.

5. Neszis

Neszis Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2001
    ditto, but I doubt I can rally the troops.

~Neszis~

6. Darth_Gehenna

Darth_Gehenna Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 2, 2001
    Could someone explain this 72 hour fanfilm thing to me? It sounds intriguing.

EDIT: Found a thread on this. So the only stipulation is that we have to include a soda can somewhere in the film?

I can certainly give this a try.

7. SilverFox0440

Nov 28, 2001
    Yes. That's the idea. I'm not even restricting this one to starwars. Any genre.

8. Neszis

May 23, 2001
    Arite i think im in. What do I have to have completed by Labor day? Is render times and upload times included in the 72 hrs? Cuz in that case i have 1 hr to make it ;) jk.

~Neszis~

9. SilverFox0440

Nov 28, 2001
    What do you mean by that last part? As for the rules, this time they're really lenient: make any sort of movie, about anything, with any sort of content, of any genre, as long as it is made by 12:00 central US time on laborday. that's 12:00 noon, because i started a little early and would like to upload that day. anyway, it has to have a soda can in the footage somewhere. good luck, it seems like it's just you and i in this one. or, is anyone else in this?

10. Darth_Gehenna

Darth_Gehenna Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 2, 2001
    I'm going to see what I can do.

11. Bob_da_Frog

Bob_da_Frog Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 8, 2002
    if i find the time, i'll try to do a little sequel to my spoof on comic books, Spoon-Man: The Movie with... Spoon-ManII: The Other Movie

12. Lord_Homer

Apr 30, 2002
    I'm am in officially. But, is there a certain ammount of time that the soda can has to be there?

13. SilverFox0440

Nov 28, 2001
    Nope. Just long enough so that we can tell what it is.

14. AWB1989

AWB1989 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 3, 2002
    i'm in. i will do a couple minute movie, but if i cant do it for some reason i will just do a small fx test instead.

count me in

aaron

15. Neszis

May 23, 2001
    Ok im out. couldt tell you earlier, my phone line has been going haywire. I couldnt get one of my actors to come. otherwise, i woulda done it. Im in for the next one I think.

~Neszis~

16. AWB1989

Jul 3, 2002
    i want to film it tonight, but don't have any soda cans in it, so will a soda bottle do?

17. AWB1989

Jul 3, 2002
    i can't do as long of a film as i expected, but i can either do a really short film or a long FX test.

18. SilverFox0440

Nov 28, 2001
    Soda bottle is fine. And whatever you can do would be great. I'm actually trying to finish two entries: A Matrix music video (to Korn's "Blind") and a re-dubbing of Dragon Ball Z episode 262. Can't wait to see what this turns up.

19. Lord_Homer

Apr 30, 2002
    Neszis helped on my film and it is done!!!!
    It is called, "The Unseen Threat". Total length is 50 seconds, 22 frames. The file size will be posted shortly and it will be upload shortly as well.

EDIT: file size is 1.5MB

20. SilverFox0440

Nov 28, 2001
    Coolness. My entries are not near done yet.

21. Lord_Homer

Apr 30, 2002
    SilverFox, you got a PM :)

22. AWB1989

Jul 3, 2002
    how long do we have to finish the movie? i wanna know because i am just about finished with mine and i need to know how much i have to rush

23. Lord_Homer

Apr 30, 2002
  24. AWB1989

Jul 3, 2002
    i am finished with my movie and excluding the end credits it is 1 minute 52 seconds and if i really need to i can upload the movie before i do saber and blaster effects, but either way i will add them in, but maybe not for this contest if i don't have the time

25. Lord_Homer

Apr 30, 2002
    here's a screen shot from my film:

[image=http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/count_homer/screengrab1.txt]

[image=http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/count_homer/screengrab2.txt]

EDIT: another screen shot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.