Victoria. BC Next Victory Base meeting: DVD Party!!!

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by _Derisa_Ollamhin_, May 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _Derisa_Ollamhin_ Force Ghost

star 4
    Friendly neighbourhood Comm Officer here!

For info on the next viewing anyone from Victory Base will be attending, or to post when you are next planning to view, and wouldn't mind some fannish company, check out the Next Viewing! thread!

The dates of the next meeting will be posted up here on or around Tuesday, May 21. Agenda items include introductions, as our membership has really zoomed (yay!), discussing our website, a trip to Richmond's Digital Projection theatre, and upcoming events. Feel free to email me any suggestions or items to add to the agenda.

Catch you on the flipside,

*Derisa*

Communications Officer,
    Victory Base
  2. _Derisa_Ollamhin_ Force Ghost

star 4
  3. CarbonatedGoat Jedi Knight

star 1
  4. Qui-Dawn Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Hey guys! :) Well, I think some of us are wondering....when's our next meet? Is it true we were gonna hear something back maybe a few days ago about a time and date and place for it, that kind of thing? 'Cause I do get the impression that we may be up for one.... I mean, I personally would think it'd be nice, for sure. And I have the sneaking suspicion besides that we should be able to think of *something* to talk about. ;) Gee, let me think....

So, yeah....let's have a confirm on that stuff, then, shall we? Sounds like a plan to me! :) Oh, and also, just to let everyone know....I picked up the AOTC soundtrack today and have been listening to it nonstop this evening, and it is....absolutely spellbinding, a breathtaking accomplishment to say the least. It is *so* thoroughly enveloping....sweeping and powerful in scope, and yet with such emotion threaded through it....it breaks my heart. I mean, hell, the first time I heard "Across the Stars", it had me in tears....still does, as a matter of fact. It's so beautiful and tragic....a myriad of emotions encompassed. And there are *so* many other cues, too, the *whole* thing from start to finish, my goodness! :)

Oh, and also....and if you've got the soundtrack yourself - and if for some reason you don't already have it, then *go*, darnit! Get it, and I mean, *now*! Off with you! :) - then you'll know exactly what I'm talking about when I say that there's a little musical cue in particular right at the end of the final track, and it raises such a frisson of fear, delight, anticipation and wonder up and down my spine....sets all the hair on the back of my neck to tingling, it does. *Wow*, such incredible stuff....I am, truly, in awe. And, now....go pick it up yourselves, for pity's sake! I order you! :) Don't make me use the mind trick....

Dawn.
  5. Rani Veko Jedi Master

star 4
    Don't hold back... Dawn... :) ...tell us how you *really* feel, darnit! :)

Now, back to the actual topic at hand: our next meeting.

Saturday, May 25th, Alzu's Restaurant, on the corner of Bay and Blanshard Streets, at 2:00 p.m.

Agenda items will include introduction of some of our newer members, planning future social events (including a possible day-trip to the digital theatre in Richmond in early June), webpage plans, better communications, and for fun, an "Are you a true fan?" pop-quiz! :) Please bring note-taking material to the meeting.

Thanks again to Derisa for holding down the fort while I was on vacation!

Regards,

- Rani
  6. CarbonatedGoat Jedi Knight

star 1
    I -won't- be there. I work til six.
  7. Alakin_Marshwalker Jedi Knight

star 2
    I will be out of town starting saturday morning and back sunday evening. I will however be bringing back a digital camera so that we can get some garb pics for the webpage. I also bought the Star Wars Life: Path of Jedi boardgame so I can provide entertainment at the next house meeting. I hope to meet the rest of the group soon and that the saturday meeting goes well.
  8. Rani Veko Jedi Master

star 4
    Meeting times won't always be on the same days or the same times of day, for the very reason that not everyone can make it to all meetings. By moving the times around, hopefully everyone will have had an opportunity to attend.

Meeting locations are a bit more problematic. When we were struggling for more members a few months back, before AOTC, we tried the option of moving meetings to locations closer to each of our homes, so that those without vehicles could get there easily. We found that this was a complete waste of everyone else's time if the member(s) living in that area didn't show up to the meeting.

What we've settled on for now are some more central locations for coffee meets, such as Alzu's and Paul's Motor Inn, to name a few. Members who have difficulties travelling to meetings because of the location should contact myself or Derisa, and we'll see what we can do to accommodate them. Locations and times will also change with the activities we do, be it bowling, lazertag, movies, video/DVD parties, or a road trip to Richmond.

Feedback is always a good thing, and we appreciate it. As Victory Base grows, it will become harder and harder to make everyone happy, but input from the membership will make that goal easier.

Regards,

- Rani,
    Victory Base Bus Driver and AOTC Line Mom
  9. _Derisa_Ollamhin_ Force Ghost

star 4
    Hey all! It has been a while, but I think we've all been pretty busy! However, noise has it that we should have a meeting soon, and that sounds like a fine idea, so I'm once again opening my house for a get-together, Saturday, June 15, from noon to dark-ish. If you need my address or directions, or a ride, PM me and we'll be in touch to see what we can do for you.

So, bring along your projects for discussion, any downloaded fan films you simply must share, and any figures you have broken out of the packaging to play with: we could have a stop-motion story building contest! ;) I'll provide the rancor, and some Lego ships and an AT-ST... :)

It'd be great if Alakin could come, and bring that digital camera with, maybe we could schedule a time to get our pictures taken in costume for the website.

We need to talk about the website, and about our next few outings, and that proposed trip to the DLP in Richmond...

We may finish the evening with a trip up to the observatory, (I'll post details about what they have going on up there, if any one is interested in that...) orrrr... we could walk up to Cairn Park after dark, to play with our 'sabres... :)

Agenda is flexible and open: if you have anything you want to add, post it here!

Hope to see you there!

*Derisa*

10. CarbonatedGoat Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'll be there around 7ish

edit: and I'll have my Star Wars RPG books and dice too!
  11. Qui-Dawn Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Saturday the 15th? Sounds like a plan....I'll be there, most definitely; probably sometime after 5-ish, unfortunately, since I've remembered that I've got this anniversary BBQ/party thingie for my parents' co-op, and it's free food and drink, so....well, yeah, that little shindig I do have to attend. But after that, I'm all yours, and I'll be hieing myself right over! :) I'll have my saber with me of course (Dawn has been itching to pull it out again and whack someone with it, repeatedly) - and if someone is in fact bringing a digital camera or some such thing....was there anything else I should tote with me? More than glad to do so, certainly....just say the word! :)

But, yeah....I'm so sorry I won't get there right around noon, but with this other thing going on, well....I *can* promise you that I'll make it over, once the BBQ's all wrapped up, as soon as is inhumanly possible for me. Anyone got a speeder I can borrow? ;)

Everyone keep thinking positive thoughts about nice sunny warm weather for the weekend! :)

Dawn. (who may bring at least some of those Ep II RP posts for everyone to - hopefully? - oooh and aaah over, at my talent....no, really ;) - and maybe another wee thingie or two....when the mood strikes me....well, you'll find out on Saturday, I reckon)
  12. obi-wan_kurtnobi Jedi Knight

Hmmm 15th eh, well I'm going to attempt to attend as long as no one has any objections.
    I'm new to all this so if a dark haird kid shows up looking bashful and bearing a saber in his left(unbroken arm) you'll know it's me. However I will need directions if I'm to attend this soire. Guess I better figure out what pm means. On a personal note I'd like to thank everyone who felt inclined to answer my last post.

kurt
  13. CarbonatedGoat Jedi Knight

star 1
    pm = private message

look up near the top of the page
  14. Alakin_Marshwalker Jedi Knight

star 2
    Well....Seeing as how my pm has thus far gone unanswered...I would like to ask how everyone else is getting there on saturday. If anyone is driving and would be willing to have a passenger....I would appreciate it...or if anyone is walking and would like the company.....same story. Someone just let me know when and where and I will be there.
  15. CarbonatedGoat Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'm taking the bus from work...
  16. Qui-Dawn Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Hey all! Well, at present, I'm thinking that once this little co-op anniversary BBQ is finished, I'll probably be making my own way down there....possibly walking, in other words. Admittedly this may change between now and then, and if it does I'll be sure to let you all know so no one's left in the lurch. :) However, right *now*, then - sure, and I wouldn't mind some company on the walk over, that would be nice. I could meet people downtown-ish, if, they'd like....that way it's a nice enjoyable walk across the bridge and over to Derisa's. Although in that case, I'll suggest in advance that we take the meandering ocean-side walkway....it's *so* much more pleasant and refreshing, and above all, quiet....odd that I'd say that about the Inner Harbour, I know, but just compare it to walking around the heavy industrial side of Esquimalt. ;) Eeeek! So, yeah....I think that's definitely a plan. Anyone interested? :)

And, hey - Kurtnobi, what's this you said about having a broken arm, eh? You know that means I can whup you good at saberin'. ;) Best advantage is to have one's opponent at a disadvantage.... Don't mind me, I think that may be the bloodlust talking. :D

Ahhhhhh....everyone keep thinking nice, hot, sunny weather thoughts! We've been doin' a great job of it so far, and look at today as the definite, glorious proof of that....so keep it up! I can't wait.... :)

Dawn.
  17. obi-wan_kurtnobi Jedi Knight

Well since amny of you like me are enjoying the well air contioned travle of your feet I would love to join you just give me a more definitive time and I'll be there.
    Of course I couldn't drive even if I wanted to as the enigmatic Qui-Dawn pointed out my right arm is temporarily out of commision. Which disqualifies me from any saber batlles this weekend :_|
    However I'll bring my saber in case anyone needs a loner though I'm sure that's unlikely. Anyway regardless I'll see you all in a couple of days.

kurt

P.s the cast comes off next week you can't keep a good jedi down. This of course means
    at the next one of these Qui-Dawn you're going down :D

18. _Derisa_Ollamhin_ Force Ghost

star 4
    Whee! This sounds like it could turn out to be a real party!

Extra sabres are good: it's looking more like we'll head up to Cairns Park after dark to play a game of Sith vs Jedi flagtag or some such... bring along whatever toys and props and costumes you want...

Kurt, Alakin, when are you guys looking to come up? Perhaps you can meet up downtown for ease of a kidnapping (er pickup) in the Victory base shuttle.

Looking way forward to it! (Even if it means I have to tidy my house. ;) )

*Derisa*
  19. obi-wan_kurtnobi Jedi Knight

Well I'm pretty flexible so if there's a time that's more convinient for Alakin jusy let me know and I'll be more than willing to work around that :)

So just let me know and I'll get my butt there [face_laugh]

kurt
  20. Alakin_Marshwalker Jedi Knight

star 2
    Just tell me a place and time and I will be ready to be abducted. I will bring my camera for sure. This sounds like it is going to be lots of fun.
  21. Qui-Dawn Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Kurtnobi - why, I never....grrrrrr, you're gonna pay for that one. :) And you expect me to show mercy for a broken-armed foe? Ha! You'll see.... ;) Oooo, look, there's that dratted bloodlust and battle-urge coming up again....told you it would happen.... ::eyes her lightsaber only a few feet away and gets nice and antsy:: Man, it's gonna be a blast....

Oh, and, also - meeting up someplace downtown on Saturday....what time were you thinking to be down there? Wherever, exactly, it ends up being....like maybe the fountain in Eaton's Centre, or down at Curious Comics, or someplace else....should it be my call or someone else's? Are we *sure* that we want me steering this ship? ;) Let me know!

Dawn.
  22. CarbonatedGoat Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'll bring my saber too... *sighs* is it -always- up to me to save the day?
  23. Qui-Dawn Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Hey, Carbonated Goat - why, yes it is, I reckon. ;) Well, that is, unless of course you *want* to be pulverized....hey, I've got oodles of excess energy to burn! Can you blame me? :) Now, who do I clobber first, is the question.... :D

Dawn.
  24. obi-wan_kurtnobi Jedi Knight

Hmmm I seem to have made myself quite an advisary already and I hardly even know you :D
    Fear not I don't back away from a challange no matter the odds against me [face_love]
    As for the matter of planning I think I'll leave that one up to you or anyone else who wishes to steer this out of control speeder ;) I think I'd better put all my energy into figuring out how I'm going to do battle with an excess energy jedi :D

kurt
  25. Sionnach_Dearg Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'd love to be there, just let me know when and where people are being kidnapped! have 'sabre will travel. I haven't yet had the opportunity to test it out in battle.

Amaya (Claire)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.