main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Victoria. BC Next Victory Base meeting: DVD Party!!!

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by _Derisa_Ollamhin_, May 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gesh_Bomil

Gesh_Bomil Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2002
    i'll try to be there too. Can't promise though.

2. Qui-Dawn

Qui-Dawn Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 8, 2000
    So? What's the verdict here, guys? Are we meeting up somewhere downtown to, from there, head on over to the meet? I haven't heard anything concrete back as of yet, so naturally was all the more curious.... I'm ready if you all are! :)

Dawn.

3. obi-wan_kurtnobi

obi-wan_kurtnobi Jedi Youngling

Jun 6, 2002
    Alright it seems someone is going to have to take charge of this flight. First off who has prior engagments that they have to attend ? Otherwise I'm tempted to say Curious Comics at say 1:eek:o any objections post them up before that time tommorrow.
    At least for the moment this is some kind of plan.

Kurt

4. Qui-Dawn

Jul 8, 2000
    Meeting up at Curious Comics? Good plan....hey, as long as someone's organizing this iceberg-crashing little voyage we're on. :) However, meeting there at 1 p.m....well, I'm not gonna speak for anyone else, but I do have my prior engagement that's bound to keep me occupado, as it were, from 2 p.m. till about 5-ish....hopefully not *too* much "ish" there, though. ;) Now, I don't want to keep anyone else waiting on *my* schedule, so in other words, if you all wanted to get down to the meet well before me, nice and early, then by all means, go and be merry....and I'll catch up with you all there, when I can make it. :) I was merely thinking that if anyone else, like me, has prior engagements that tie up at least part of the afternoon....then it might be feasible to meet up with you around the time I expect to be free myself. But, as I said....I don't want to bollix up anyone else's plans, don't want to keep you from an early start to the fun in any case....that's my main concern. :)

Dawn. (who has been practicing saber thrusts and lunges all evening, and it's a good thing I live on my own, because hoo boy, just imagine the audience!)

5. obi-wan_kurtnobi

Jun 6, 2002
    Well I'm glad that someones out there to reply. As it happens I'm wiling to wait until later if it's more convenient for those concerned :) I just felt it nessecary to gget the ball rolling on some concrete plans. So I picked a time at random.

However I'm a little concerned I must say since I'm the one bound to be on the recieving end of all that practice :eek:

kurt

6. Qui-Dawn

Jul 8, 2000
    Hey! Of *course* I'm out here to reply! Where else would I be? I ask you. :) But, yeah....as I said, I don't want to keep you from joinin' in on the fun early....hey, I don't want to keep anyone from anything, don't want to put a crimp in your schedule, but in any case....at present I do hope to be around the downtown area around 5 p.m. or so, hopefully not at all much later than that....and I'm more than glad to meet up with anyone who dares to meet up with *me*. I'll be there (unless something totally unexpected comes up, in which case I'll hop on here for an immediate alert, but since, at present, I don't see that happening....well, all should be well) - and I'll be packing my robes and of course my saber with me. Just look for the chick with the saber and a crazed battle-hungry gleam in her eye. ;) Grrrrrr....

Dawn.

7. obi-wan_kurtnobi

Jun 6, 2002
    Well now I'm throughly confused to I go at one and hope someone else shows up or wait til five when who knows ?[face_plain] well if anyone else would like to post back and tell me there plans it sure would make it easier otherwise I'm just going to guess.

kurt

8. Qui-Dawn

Jul 8, 2000
    Well, as I said, due to my prior commitment I'll probably make it down there only after 5 p.m. or so, though of course not too much after that, I'd imagine. :) Tell you what I can do - I'll be down there, as I said, around 5 p.m. on the nose....down in Curious....and I should be quite easy to spot, remember. :) And whoever wants to meet up with me there, at that time - I look forward to pummelling you, um, I mean meeting up with you. Yeah, that's what I meant. ;)

Dawn.

9. Sionnach_Dearg

Sionnach_Dearg Jedi Youngling star 1

May 16, 2002
    Well, I have to help out making Granola at home for part of the afternoon, so I probably can't be down there until at least 3pm...that's my story...and I have a sewing test this morning, so I may need to take out my aggressions later if it doesn't go as well as I'd like...so wish me luck, eh?

10. obi-wan_kurtnobi

Jun 6, 2002
    Alright that settles it let's say five then as this seems the most convenient for the most amount of people. Which is fine with me so I'll see you all at curious at five :)

kurt

P.s good luck with your sewing test and of course just for extra bit of fun may the force be with you ;)

11. Qui-Dawn

Jul 8, 2000
    So....when did we all next want to do something? Were we waiting for something more outside-ish, or....well, your guess is as good as mine, I reckon. :) Any thoughts?

Dawn.

12. CarbonatedGoat

CarbonatedGoat Jedi Youngling star 1

May 18, 2002
    Something before I go! Hmmm.... I don't know what though...

13. Qui-Dawn

Jul 8, 2000
    Oh - well, sure....yeah, something before you go would be nice, I agree. Seems only fair to give you a good sendoff before you embark on your trip to the outskirts of nowhere....um, I mean, the Maritimes. ;) When is it you're leaving?

And, oh, before I forget....and Kurt, I'm sure this will especially interest you ;) - I think I've found at least one version of that TPM drinking game that so many of us were so curious about; I'm not sure how many other versions of it exist out there, but this is the first one I stumbled across:

http://wolfiesden.www9.50megs.com/SWdrink.html

A possibility for a right merry and fun ol' sendoff, perhaps? Just a thought.... :) 'Course it's a pity that the weather seems to have taken a minor downturn, otherwise I suspect most folks would be more up for doing something outside - but that shouldn't exactly *stop* us either! Outside or inside....there ain't nothin' stopping us from having our own fair share of fun. Don't we usually? :)

Dawn.

14. CarbonatedGoat

May 18, 2002
    I leave the 14th. Oh, and Der... I got that CD burned for you.

15. Qui-Dawn

Jul 8, 2000
    Well, I guess that leaves us at least a couple of weeks to work with, though of course it would all be most dependent on your schedule in any case, since you're the one engaged in the frenzy of all that cross-country moving. :) But I think most of us would be amenable to just about anything....I'll not be the one to make a suggestion exclusively, I think other people should be in on it too. I mean, that's only fair. :)

Oh, and....I have some success to report! I got that little fanfilm vignette all blocked out, the basic structure and outline, it's all written out....yeah, yeah, that didn't take me too long, I know - but keep in mind, as I said in the fanfilm thread, this thing's only several minutes long at most. So really, it shouldn't take me too long to work it out anyway. :) Still, it all sounds pretty good to me as I've got it written down....I can't wait to bounce it off the rest of you and see what you think. Just be kind, and preferably gentle, that's all I ask. :) And why do I mention this here, in this thread? Well, because at least I know it'll be read here. ;) Tee hee....

Dawn.

16. obi-wan_kurtnobi

Jun 6, 2002
    Well it certainly has been a while since I posted and truly it seems that much has happened since then :) haven't read everything yet but I figured this should be my first stop. Alright so here's the news I've secured a place in fernwood and if I'm signicantly moved in enough to provide simple emnitties I'd be happy to host a meeting of the sort we previously discussed but next weekend would be the earliest I could concieve of as I'm working all this weekend :_| ah well at least the pay is good :D however as I said this all depentant on me getting enough stuff in my new place like you know couches t.v that kind of thing but if you guys are into it I'm sure I can work something out :)

any way I'll check in again soon

kurt

17. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    CG: Sweeeeeeeet! I can't wait! [blatant plugs]Juicy tunes for Dialogues of a Fallen Master and CRIMSON .

I'm working on a 'Music to be Martyred by' selection now, in prep for getting my Bothan fanfic back up and moving... I should also put together a Traitorous Knight CD for when I'm working on that story ... [/blatant plugs]

But back to the thread topic: meetings. :)

I'm in Seattle this weekend, and I get my kids back on Tuesday, so that kind of limits me as far as meetings go. I can scrouge a couple of hours of childcare in the afternoon, but evening things are out of consideration until the twelfth or so.

I'd be happy to go to a meeting at someone else's house, however: very cool of you to offer to host, Kurt. We need to have an actual *meeting* sometime soon, as well as another get-together.

*Derisa*

18. Qui-Dawn

Jul 8, 2000
    Eeesh....the twelfth might be cutting things a little close for CG there; I'm not sure how wild-and-crazy things are there, but surely it can't be something you'd want to leave until the last minute in any case....or cut it down to the wire, or anything like that. Just - a thought. :) Still, it seems only fair to *try* to throw something together before you leave there, CG....think of it as the Victoria Fanforcers giving you one last big wild sendoff before you descend into the great dark unknown....I mean the Maritimes. :) Maybe it depends most on your schedule, obviously, since you're the one who's moving....but, Kurt, I agree that we need to kind of christen *your* new pad. ;) Don't forget that!

Dawn.

19. obi-wan_kurtnobi

Jun 6, 2002
    O.k so at this point as long as everything proceeds on schedule I should be done moving on thursday (and if not I shall redouble my efforts [face_laugh] ). Still at the latest I'll be done on saturday so with out further delay I'll anounce that next weekend I'll host all you rapid fans at my place for an evening of festivities and anythign else that needs taking care of ..... :D I'm very excited about this now saturday works best for me as I have the day off and won't just have come off an Eight nad a half hour shift :(
    I'm sure you all want your host at least semi-conchess (I'm sure that's spelled wrong but you get the idea) then agian maybe you don't. Anyway I want as many of you in attendance as possible so those of you have complaints voice them now so we can change things around before it's too late.

Kurt

20. CarbonatedGoat

May 18, 2002
    Saturdays work best for me, since I don't work the next day. that or mondays. ... As it stands, I leave for my grandma's on the 14th.. yeah...

Oh and Der... since Sith City is the only CD I have access to right now (I've packed the rest) I've been listening to it a lot... I don't think I want to give it to you... :) ... but I will... oh. I know on the CD jacket I made (yes! I do cover art! ... I'd show you my Cyberpunk album cover art that I did... but it's packed...) it says 16 tracks... but that's not counting the bonus track I put on there at track 17. I didn't bother with lengthening the time between tracks on that bit, because I find it annoying when I get cds... but yeah. I think you'll agree when I say that the secret song is the ultimate in sith inspirational music.

And I just found out that my mom knows two of your fellow SCAers... I forget their names... but yeah! Ha! My mom said they said that you are really cool, so it's cool to have my own opinions confirmed and stuff, and yes I know this is all waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay off topic. Anyway. Yeah.

As for meetings... next saturday would probably be best for me. Other people?

21. Rani Veko

Rani Veko Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2000
    Ten messages in this thread in the last 2 days...whew!

Derisa and I haven't had much opportunity to read (much less respond) to these meeting suggestions since she is out of town and I'm dealing with various family crises from my three-year-old chopping off her own hair to visiting my mother during her recovery from a successful battle with breast cancer. (The four most beautiful words in the world? I heard my Mom say them only a few days ago: "They got it all".)

Saturday *should* be okay for a meeting, but please give Derisa and me a chance to double-check, then make it offical.

What I'd really appreciate hearing from everyone is ideas for what you guys want to do at meetings/get-togethers. The group is starting to get a bit big to squeeze into Briana's livingroom and watch videos *every* time (though it's fun, isn't it?). :)

Affordability and transportation are issues for most folks in Victory Base, so keep that in mind when suggesting things outdoor paintball in Sooke, for instance.

I thought perhaps at some future meeting (but not next Satuday at Kurt's) we could briefly discuss business over coffee, then load up the Centennial Falcon (my van, for those who didn't guess) and go see a $4 matinee at the Caprice Theatre.

Any other ideas?

- Rani

22. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    Whee!

Bonus track, CG? you big sweetie! And you can make your own damn copy of Sith City when you get to the maritimes: I need that music to write to! :) Actually: the Music to be Martyred By playlist is coming together nicely: heavy accents on the Spy Game soundtrack, and a few tracks recommended by Albion, who has an extensive CD collection. :)

I'm having a groovy time here in Seattle, but I miss the lot of you. Next Saturday is Kyriel's birthday, so I'm thinking of taking my kids to see Lilo and Stitch: anyone wanna come as a precursor to the get-together at Kurts, as I likely won't be able to make that?

Downtown, matinee showing, and be prepared to giggle yourself silly. It's a very funny film.

I can email the notification on the meeting out to the rest of Victory Base when i get home on tuesday, which should be enough time to do it officially, unless Rani wants to send out the message herself: all the address should be at the top of the last mass mailing I did, which admittedly was a while ago, but since the majority of newer folk are on these forums... that shouldn't be a problem.

Hope that works for you guys! So, whose for Lilo and Stitch before the get together on Saturday?

Chat soon,

*Derisa*

23. obi-wan_kurtnobi

Jun 6, 2002
    Well saturday's my day off as I metioned and some mindlesss disney humour will do me just fine I'm in for the lilo and stich thing :) Also seeing a disney film with children is the only way to fly :)

kurt

P.s all of you planning to attend my house e-mail me for directions because if your driving this could get a little tricky :)

24. Qui-Dawn

Jul 8, 2000
    Hey guys. :) Sorry I've not posted for a few days - though I *have* been checking in as regularly as usual, paying constant, careful attention - so nobody can fault me for that. :) Still, I'm certainly in for Saturday, the meet, in any case....though Kurt, I think I've either forgotten your E-mail address or I don't remember where you posted it....probably just above, knowing my luck. ;) What is it again? And already I'm hoping that your new place isn't located in, say, around Langford or thereabouts....I mean, I won't be driving of course - don't yet know how ;) - so I'll probably be using foot power if all else fails....and for the sake of my feet I hope it ain't far. :)

Dawn.

In loving memory of Rosemary Clooney. (1928-2002)

25. Qui-Dawn

Jul 8, 2000
    Need....address information for Saturday's get-together....need....to know! Or must I be a pest? I can do that. ;) Just trying to keep abreast of things here....

Dawn.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.