Victoria. BC Next Victory Base meeting: DVD Party!!!

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by _Derisa_Ollamhin_, May 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rani Veko Jedi Master

star 4
    Dawn, I have great faith in your abilities, and I'm sure they include the potential to be a pest, :) but we can't seriously expect Kurt to publish his home or e-mail address on this message board. Please have the patience to allow Derisa to get the e-mails and/or phone calls out to our membership later today, as she doesn't even arrive in Swartz Bay until 3:30 this afternoon.

Okay, everybody, Saturday is a GO for a meeting and a movie (Lilo and Stitch), schedule and directions to Kurt's TBA. And YJN, before you ask, I'll be sure to send you the times and contact info for posting on the FF News page. ;)

Kurt, we'll be in touch by phone later today to get directions to your place and arrange a meeting time.

Later,

- Rani
  2. YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada

star 4
  3. Qui-Dawn Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    ::waves hand airily:: Oh, I know, really I do; I never expected anyone to make their address or phone number publicly known - that's something never in question to me, you just don't do it as a matter of course. Well, except when it's someone you trust, and I think we all trust each other well enough. Hence, E-mail. :) That's actually why I was wondering about it earlier....hence, my posting. And hence the fact that I can be all pesky-like....although to be sure none of us want *that*, now do we? Don't worry, I'll be good. ;) But in any case - it was just the contact information I was wondering about....that's all. Never any concern about anything else. :)

Dawn.
  4. CarbonatedGoat Jedi Knight

star 1
  5. obi-wan_kurtnobi Jedi Knight

Hello all sorry I feel as if I'm late to my own party I have only just stepped in the door and am tryign to play catch up ?[face_plain] Very long day we're setting up for a new campaign at work or promo as those of you don't work at hmv would call it (which is everyone a side from me) If I misssed your call Darisa I'm sorry. You should try me around 6:30 pm tommorrow or e-mail me I believe you have my address I se i have a private message which maybe from one of you in charge. So I'll read and get back to whom ever it's from.

kurt
  6. _Derisa_Ollamhin_ Force Ghost

star 4
    Hey all: I've sent off the emails, sorry it's a bit late, but things here have been pretty hectic, too.

The movie showing Rani and I are taking the kids to is at the Langford Caprice cinemas, as that's the cheapest: $4 a seat for matinees, and the showing we are planning to catch is at 1320 hrs. I realise Langford is a ways, but I have to keep my budget in mind, as I'm taking all three of my kids to see it...

(It is also showing downtown at the Cap six for $8, all seats. perhaps that might be more convenient for those whose travel is limited, or perhaps rides can be arranged? How many of our members are vehicular, anyways?)

Anywho, looking at the movie times, I sent out that things would start at Kurt's at 1600 hrs. I hope that works for him. :)

See you there, I hope! (It is my youngest's birthday, so I kind of do have some other things on my plate, but I know you'll all have a grand time of it!)

Slan leat!

*Derisa*

7. Qui-Dawn Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Hey guys! Further ideas on my part....I can bring my SW Ep I Monopoly as well as a little Qui-Gon Jinn/Darth Maul lightsaber battle card game....thingie. It's rather hard to explain, but....you know. :) And, also, since I *do* seem to recall, especially from the feedback I'm hearing, that "Challenge of the Sith" was such a huge hit at the last meet....I *have* stumbled across another fanfilm that is for the most part, I think, quite possibly *the* singular best one that I have ever seen. I don't have a videotape copy of it, I only saw it a few days ago via the mirror download site of TF.N fanfilms (thanks to the fact that the fanfilm links of the site here are fritzing all over the place, they needed to put up a mirror site, and for me at least that worked great!) - and along those lines, Kurt....I'd hope in that case that you have a fast Internet connection, say, like Shaw@Home....that would do the trick, then, I think. :)

I won't reveal too much about the fanfilm if you've not yet seen it - it's called "Essence of the Force", and as I said, by and large....I think it may be the best fanfilm I've ever seen. It sure as shootin' mightily impressed *me*.... And if, like me, you *have* already seen it....then, ssshhh, say no more - don't spoil it for all the rest! More enjoyable if they don't know.... ;) But, yeah - checking this one out at the gathering is definitely an option. Just a few more flitting notions on my part....

Dawn.
  8. Sionnach_Dearg Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'll be there...and I've been doing some baking so I'll bring it along! Hope everyone likes Banana bread! I also made a loaf with Mango instead...wanna be guineapigs?

Oh yeah, my second Lightsabre (the one I sent away for with that Energiser deal) finally came...and it's Dooku's. So now I have a fighting set! Want me to bring them too? I'll definitely bring American Jedi! :)

9. _Derisa_Ollamhin_ Force Ghost

star 4
    Slan all, hope you have all been well over the summer.

Our next meeting after the summer hiatus will be Wednesday, October 23, 2002, starting at 8 pm at my place in Esquimalt. Details in the email I'll be sending out today, or PM me for my phone number and address.

Items on the agenda include Halloween events and ideas, the planned AoTC IMAX viewing and invasion of VanForce, other events, meetings, and get-togethers, fundraising, and membership drives. Please feel free to post ideas for the meeting here, and any further suggestions for agenda items.

Hope to see you all there!

*Derisa*
  10. _Derisa_Ollamhin_ Force Ghost

star 4
    Well, the meeting went quite well. In attendance were Dawn, Rani, Claire and I, and it was the first meeting for a new member Sarah!

We talked Halloween: laying plans for a scary movie night (in costume) on the eve of Halloween (see next post). We went on to discussing the impending invasion... er, "trip" to Tipoca City (after having some fun with our baby sister branch's name... :D ) to catch the IMAX showing of AOTC. Plans are moving ahead: we have had a lot of interest in this, and hopefully we'll have firm attendees gettng back to us soon so we can give Master ObiDan an exact count of Victory Base personnel who are coming. (

Just FYI: we'll be going over for the day on saturday November 2 to catch the 2:15 showing at the CN IMAX at Canada Place. Tickets are $11 if you come for that show. More on that in the thread dedicated to that end... later.)

After that we talked tee shirts, and I'm going to be speaking to a friend of mine who has the equipment to make transfers on his home computer: we'll see what we can come up with for the IMAX trip! :)

After that we drank tea and played a ruthless cutthroat game of Jedi Unleashed. I think a good time was had by all, and I'm really looking forward to next Wednesday's movie party! :)

Hope to see you all there!

*Derisa*

11. _Derisa_Ollamhin_ Force Ghost

star 4
    Slan, all!

Our next get-together will be a Scary Movie Night at a location to be announced, but someone's living or rec room. :)

Options for viewing include Return of the Living Dead, Scream, Urban Legend, Pitch Black, The Cell, and that most horrific of horror films, GREMLINS!!! :)

It's a cas sort of sitch, wear costumes if you want, and bring your favourite snack to share. Final plans for the IMAX trip will be made (such as meet-up times and that sort of thing), but other than that it's just a hang-out and watch movies kinda night!

An email will be going out to those on the email list: if you aren't on it, you can send me a PM with your email addie and I'll mail *and* PM you a copy of the notice, (as well as put you on the list so I don't spend too much time PMing folks. :) )

Wednesday next week, after dark... be there or be... well, somewhere else! :)

*Derisa*
  12. Qui-Dawn Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Boo and hello to everyone....including me too....hey, I can be as friendly as you like. ;) I was just wondering as to the details for the Scary Movie Night this Wednesday....you know, like two days from now. :) What's the sitch there, if I may ask? You know, time and location and, of course, how to get there....especially for those of us who have a rather primal, generally animalistic but certainly, I suppose, a very predator-like sense of direction, and thus operate a bit outside the norm. Nice solid directions can only be of help there. :D Basically, though, since I've not heard anything through E-mail or PM'ing as of yet, I'm just curious....

Dawn.
  13. Rani Veko Jedi Master

star 4
    An excellent question! Here's a partial answer...

Derisa had planned to send that out this weekend, but seeing as she was rather distracted this weekend with showing her artwork at her first ever art show (congrats, Derisa!) I can understand why it didn't get out. She'll be in later this evening, I'll get her to get that info out tonight a.s.a.p. :)

If it wasn't for the fact that it's in my home and not a public location, I'd be happy to post the info here...but I'd rather not, especially around Halloween. :)

I can tell you you can show up around 7 p.m. this Wednesday night (Oct. 30), and we'll be starting the first video as soon as the kids are tucked away in bed (around 8:00 p.m.). Please bring munchies and drinks to share. And no throwing popcorn at my TV, even if the movie is really bad. :)

Everyone check your e-mail for location details and directions, and we'll see you there!

- Rani
  14. Rani Veko Jedi Master

star 4
    By now our members have received Derisa's e-mail, but for those of you who haven't, I'm sorry to be the bearer of disappointing news.

The Scary movie night is cancelled due to illness. Derisa, myself, and both our entire families are all sick, and we're just not up to hosting an all-evening movie night. esides, you don't want to catch this, trust me. :)

If anyone else wants to jump in and offer to host this, or if the rest of you want to get together for some other Halloween fun this week, feel free to utilize this thread to organize it - just be aware it won't be an "official" get-together.

Again, sorry for the last-minute cancellation. I was really looking forward to it as much as the rest of you.

Cheers and good health to the rest of you,

- Rani
  15. _Derisa_Ollamhin_ Force Ghost

star 4
    Next tentative planned get-together is the Attack of the Clones DVD viewing party, Saturday, Novemeber 23, location yet to be decided... Kurt is a tentative possible, but I'm asking around to see if there are any other possibilities.

I will send out the emails on Monday (I have an incredibly busy weekend ahead of me, and really should be in bed just now, but this was important).

I can't wait to see the DVD in all its coolness, but I am hoping we can have a short meeting beforehand to discuss a variety of issues of importance, such as our in force invasion of Victoria Australia's FanFoce, and plans to broaden our membership. The email notice will contain an agenda, and I'd like to take this opportunity to solicit further items for that agenda. Please feel free to email me with anything you want to discuss at this, or future meetings.

Hope you all can make it!

Chat soon!

*Derisa*

16. Rani Veko Jedi Master

star 4
    By now those of you who are members have received the e-mail about the meet and DVD-watching this Saturday.

We're meeting at Alzu's Restaurant on the corner of Bay and Blanshard at 2:00p.m this Saturday...but Kurt, we haven't heard confirmation back from you about watching the DVD afterwards at your place. (hint hint) :)

If all else fails, we'll have an alternative location at the meeting, and I'll be happy to transport you all there once the meeting breaks up. See you all there! :)

- Rani
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.