main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena NFL Draft 2013

Discussion in 'Community' started by RX_Sith, Apr 22, 2013.

1. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I want Barkley on my team. At this point such a value pick.

PRENNTACULAR likes this.
  2. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    So, how many QB's were taken in the 2nd round? :p

3. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Only one.

4. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Brian Kelly is fantastic on NFLN so far. Billick was a wet blanket yesterday from what I was able to see.

5. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Eagles trade up and select Barkley.

6. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Excellent pick.

If KC doesn't draft a QB, I'd have no problem with Reid going to get Foles.

Love the Nico Johnson pick. Great value, big need.

7. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I remember Barkley as a freshman silencing a sold out Ohio Stadium. I think back on his poise, on his calm, on his skills in that situation, and I can't help but think the Eagles just got the steal of the draft. I think it's one of those situations where the league overthinked it. They looked at too much tape and saw too many warts and decided to not draft him.

I'm still hoping the Steelers take a backup QB with some potential. We need to get younger at that position, and I don't like going to the Leftwich/Batch well. I think someone like Tyler Wilson out of Arkansas, Tyler Bray out of Tennessee or Zac Dysert out of Miami would be great.

PRENNTACULAR likes this.
  8. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Giants grab Nassib.

And Raiders get Tyler Wilson.

Plus Steelers now select Landry Jones.

9. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    There you go, Inty. Steelers take Landry Jones.

10. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    So happy to see Lattimore end up with one of the best teams in football. I think he's going to be a star.

11. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Jags pick up Denard Robinson.

12. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013
    I don't quite know what to make out of this Nassib pick (and trade).

13. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    That's what I've wondered about most/all of the QB picks in this Draft. :p

14. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    Packers just cleaned up-- Johnathan Franklin to pair with Eddie Lacy?! And Bakhtiari/Tretter as versatile upgrades to the offensive line. Love it.

Would love to see Da'Rick Rogers come off the board for the Bengals next round!

I probably just jinxed all of that.

15. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Did you have fun at the Draft yesterday?

16. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    And the Pack's draft is now over. Overall, I'm really pleased. We got a quality physical DE even with there being a run on the position and a top RB in the second round, plus another quality prospect deeper in the draft at each position. Throw in some depth at O-line and late-round prospects at CB, WR, and LB, and I think we've got a lot of potential. It's hard to know what you're getting with the later-round picks, and I'd have liked to have seen us draft a safety, but I feel pretty good about it. Ted knows what he's doing.

17. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    I'd like to see Da'Rick or Zach Rodgers come off the board. Zach was my favorite player at UT over the last 2 years, he's in the Amendola/Welker mold, and if he's not picked, I'd really like him and the Duke QB Renfree or Bray in KC.

18. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    I think is cool the Broncos selected Zac Dysert. He went to high school in my small college town, and I actually know a guy who coached him.

ma_petite likes this.
  19. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Second Mr. Irrelevant from the University of South Carolina in 4 years. The other one was our current kicker, Ryan Succop. That worked out pretty well.

20. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Funny you should mention that, apparently Te'o said in an interview after he was drafted that he actually did think that the call from the Chargers was a pratical joke set up by his friends.

21. DT421

DT421 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2003
    Between this draft and some of the free agent signings that the Colts have had this year, I love the direction this team is going in. No more "finesse". This team is physically huge now and is built to punch people in the mouth. I can't wait for the season to start.

22. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    Yes! Lots!

This year I went on Day 2 for Rounds 2-3. There were less games and less cheerleaders than Day 3 (which I went to last year), but I guess that's what they use to get people to show up for Rounds 4-7.

Also, last year I had to "sneak" down to the lower level after people started to leave. This year...

[​IMG]

...I was basically front row! Look at how everyone in front of me is important! Sort of I think!

[​IMG]

View of the NFL Network desk from our seats. We got to hear Mayock enunciate "Chuck Pagano" live and it was glorious, heels1785.

[​IMG]

That time I met DarthIntegral. I'm touching his back in this photo and it is jacked. Like he has a six-pack ON HIS BACK.

(And yes I know I'm a punk for the backwards hat, but that is my Sandlot movie hat and I love it dearly)

[​IMG]

Geno Smith also came up near our area, and lots of people gawked. Including me, even though my group laughed heartily when the Jets picked him.

[​IMG]

Who is that blurry dot next to the Commissioner's blurry dot?

OH YOU BETTER BELIEVE IT'S LEON SANDCASTLE!!!!!

And while I didn't get a picture, Green Bay's presenter was Dave Robinson, who played in the first ever Super Bowl under Lombardi. Pretty cool.

But possibly the best moment was when Steve Gleason presented. The ovation he got and the smile on his face almost brought me to tears.

Overall, fun day. Maybe Round 1 next year?!

Darth McClain and Point Given like this.
  23. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Haha, that was an awesome read- sounds like a great time.

And during today's 7 hour Mayock show, we even got a few references to the rarely mentioned John Pagano, Teo's new DC. Nice change of pace.

LloydChristmas likes this.
  24. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Agreed with heels1785, LloydChristmas, that does sound truly awesome. Yes, you should definitely do the trifecta and go to Day One next year.

Glad you had fun!

LloydChristmas likes this.
  25. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    DarthIntegral

How is Jonathan Hankins? Giants picked him up in the 2nd round and from what I've been reading, he seems like an effective run stopper.